Current Gambino family administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Current Gambino family administration

Post by Frank »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:12 pm
Frank wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:00 pm The only info at this point about John Gambino as a high up boss is that he served on a panel with Marino and Vernace from 2008 till 2011. With those two having legal problems near the end of that term, he was probably the defacto boss on the street for for a year or so. Then in 2011 Dom Cefalu is named acting boss with John Gambino, Juliano and Guirino on a panel that was under the administration . This panel served as a liason for the acting boss and Underboss to the streets. So yes he was a boss of sorts but not the official boss or acting boss. Even Felice's information doesn't say anything about Gambino being the boss. Obviously he had alot of power in the family. But was also a very sick man for awhile.
His information said the FBI thought Gambino was boss...which is interesting.
O ok I'll have to reread it sorry.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

felice have u heard or know anything about Francesco Palmeri? he was involved w operation new bridge. it was claimed he was in admin spot as well as a zip. here's a topic on him where it points out where italian authorities call him UB.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=320&hilit=Old+Bridge
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

"Sicilian-born Palmeri is considered a leading member of one of New York's most powerful mob families, the Gambinos, the arrest warrant says, citing the Federal Bureau of Investigation."
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Felice and Bronx are official, like I said, it's why I find it kinda fascinating when they disagree. ( Always very genial about it though, a gentlemens dispute....)

Like my take on what they posted was that the Marino CREW is powerful, but DANNY MARINO may have lost face in recent years. Seems plausible to me, reasonable.....?? I dunno.... What do you guys think?

They had the same kinda minor disagreement in another Gambino thread, and interestingly enough it was on the topic of John Gambinos power in the family. He seems to have been a real power INTERNATIONALLY for decades, even though he had his wings clipped in the 80s and 90s. This is a guy who sat down with Riina. How powerful would you have to have been to be able to sit down with Riina, during that time period, and not be in total fear of your life?

I'm genuinely curious, y'all don't think it possible he was the power behind the Sicilian faction? Really asking here....

I find it FASCINATING that Felices sources, which Im to understand are from ITALY, saw Gambino as a major power, maybe THE major power, while Bronx, who is more entrenched in NYC, Brooklyn, like the NEIGHBORHOODS, his perspective is from the American point of view, kinda. So to me they are both right at the same time.....Matter of perspectives here.....

Last point, speaking for myself, I came to the conclusion of Gambino being a power after I found out he was in bed with ALL the major LCN narcotics traffickers of the 70s and 80s. Like, at the very top. Actually maybe higher than Rizzuto, right there with the Caruanas, Greco and Badalamenti.

Then there were the reports of ties to Toronto. Then New Bridge showed us the ties to Calabria. The ascendancy of the Calabrians in Narcotics. The ties to Sicily. I hear what Wiseguy is saying, but I didn't take this from a forum source.

I've studied this narcotics ring from the 70s, to now. I'm convinced it's basically the same thing, with new players, except SOME OF THEM are the same original people, like the late John Gambino. I saw him as connected at a high level in Sicily, New York, Venezuela, commanding respect amongst American AND Sicilian wise guys, at the highest levels.

And then today we have a situation where Italians have regained footing as dominant players in the International drug trade. I don't see why the FBI wouldn't make the same conclusions, honestly....

Sorry for the long post guys, I just get irritated when it's assumed this is just pulled outta your ass... Like illness aside, who wouldn't peg Gambino as a top guy?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

The FBI is so profoundly dysfunctional on various levels at the moment that one would be have to be naive and a federal fan boi to consider them as speaking the gospel. These days, the personnel are lucky if they know who THEIR boss is at any given time.
I could call them every day and say I hate Americans and I intend to kill them, but if I didn't send a calendar invite with directions to the actual massacre, I'd be scot free.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

UTC wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm The FBI is so profoundly dysfunctional on various levels at the moment that one would be have to be naive and a federal fan boi to consider them as speaking the gospel. These days, the personnel are lucky if they know who THEIR boss is at any given time.
I could call them every day and say I hate Americans and I intend to kill them, but if I didn't send a calendar invite with directions to the actual massacre, I'd be scot free.
How much do you think the internal politics of the FBI affect the day-to-day surveillances, wiretap listening and investigations on mobsters going on?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@ jeremythe jew

I saw that article as well on Palmeri. I took it as another example of the perspective maybe skewering things a little. They probably confused Palmeris position within the narcotics network with his actual rank in the Mafia. That might be why to Their eyes he's like, an underboss. Maybe within the narcotics network, to someone looking from the outside in, operationally, functionally on a day to day basis, he kinda WAS an underboss, as far as they could tell.....
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

thanks for the post felice !
that's interesting thread for sure !
i really wonder who took over lorenzo crew ? he was the 18ave crew capo right ? is it inzerillo who is the captain now ?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Wiseguy, none of that shit still has to be explained, everyone here just respects felice's info and are writing nothing off. Do you think Capceci has better info/sources on the Sicilians then felice? It's interesting info, nobody saying it is fact...... other then bronx lol shouts out bronx
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

About Palmeri, I tried to get documents of that investigation but I have not been able since it was an operation coming from authorities I have not any contact with. From what I could understand talking to someone who was part of the investigation Palmeri was considered an underboss of the sicilians in NY, underboss meant like a powerful guy who answered directly to bosses. Underboss term was not specifically linked to his official rank. Anyway the sicilians sometimes use to have sotto-capodecina, the man second in power of a crew after the capodecina. His name was totally new for me. Never heard him before of that investigation
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

My impression about the present Gambino family, FBI doesn't have any high ranking member as informer within the family
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@ Felice

That's exactly how I interpreted the Palmeri thing...... He's not an UNDERBOSS, ( technically) but a man of power and influence.....funny, all these mafia drug guys are very similar. Always close to the bosses, autonomous, it's pretty fascinating stuff...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Questions for the boards....

This Frank Camuso, very new to me... apologies. What's the basis for his power? Feared, is he a heavy guy, crew of shooters?

Or is he a major earner? Gambling on Staten Island, unions? Or is he like, charismatic, widely well liked, like a political type guy? Did he come up under another powerful guy, did he have a major rabbi, or inherit a powerful crew?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@ pogo

I wouldn't hold it against felices source if he didn't know who Gotti or DiMaria were. They are American wise guys. The same way an American based FBI guy probably looks at his chart, looks at the name Palmeri, and scratches his head, like, "who the hell is this guy? Underboss? What?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Curren2t Gambino family administration

Post by felice »

No, wait, this is a new source and he perfectly knows who Peter Gotti and Di Maria are. It was an italian investigator who didn't know Di Maria.