Philly Mob Bust Today

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Philly Mob Bust Today

Post by B. »

The Philly family was trying to claim Scarfo Jr. belonged to them in the Stefanelli tape, so that would have likely included Scarfo Jr. associates/soldiers that had been with the Philly family like Piccolo and the Pelullos. Philly was upset that Amuso/Luccheses still recognized Scarfo as boss, as well. If a soldier like Piccolo was allowed to transfer, that would suggest Scarfo Jr. could have in theory transferred as well. It's hard to believe he had any intention of going head-on against Philly's many killers, but as more comes out it does sound like the Scarfos were making one last effort to gain traction in Philly and Scarfo Jr. may have believed he could transfer once he built up a powerbase.

At the time John Gambino told Stefanelli the Gambinos couldn't help Ligambi with the issue, but maybe with Scarfo Jr. losing face the Luccheses decided to legitimize Philly's claim and give back Scarfo's associates.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

via Dave Schratwieser's twitter

Multiple Sources: New FBI Mob informant in Philly tried to snare several top Philly wiseguys.Did they fall for it?#fox29

Wiseguys: FBI informant tried to hook them.They claim unsuccessfully. Informant visited Mob clubhouse at 11&Jackson.#fox29

Tale of The Tapes. Philly Wiseguys try to figure out which Mob guys and associates caught on wire by new FBI informant.#fox29

FBI looking for more cooperators in ongoing Mob drug probe. Agents visit target of 2017 shooting plot. No takers yet.#fox29

Court docs say Philly "LCN drug trafficking associate" was "talking openly & disparagingly" about drug guys business.#fox29

Documents also say 2 Mob drug suspects sat outside LCN drug associate home for 3 hours preparing to enter & shoot him.#fox29

FBI document: quotes Mob capo about kicking up $ to Mob higher ups."Whatever I do goes up...I do it on a weekly basis."#fox29

FBI Doc:Kicking cash to Mob big shots.Quotes wiseguy "Yeah that's our business...All this is structure.It 's what you do.#fox29
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheers Teddy, appreciated.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:00 pm
I thought this paragraph was especially interesting.

Little Nicky Scarfo died of natural causes at 87 in a North Carolina prison last year serving a life sentence. Per an FBI informant, Scarfo placed murder contracts on the Grande brothers’ heads in the late 1980s for getting his cousin Sammy Piccolo involved in their drug business. Per sources, Piccolo was ushered into his official mafia initiation by Scarfo’s son, Nicky Jr., inducted into the Lucchese crime family in New York — which Nicky Jr. is a member of — and then absorbed by the Philly Borgata upon Nicky Jr. being imprisoned in 2011.

Agree. This reads as though Piccolo was made into the Luke’s then transferred to Philly.
Not a common happenstance. To put it mildly.

Thoughts?
If true that would have had to happen when Scarfo Jr was acting Capo. And it had to have happen before 2007. Also Scarfo Jr was only out of prison for a short time before getting indicted in 2007. I don't know how much truth there is to this either. Though he could have gotten permission from Amuso to do this. It seems the panel was calling all the shots on who is made etc.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 pm Agree. This reads as though Piccolo was made into the Luke’s then transferred to Philly.
Not a common happenstance. To put it mildly.

Thoughts?
Possibly this was one of the outcomes of those high level sit-downs the Philly guys had with the Gambinos.

yatescj7781 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:51 pm I'm confused as to the fat Sammy Valenti thing. His dad wasn't made but he was made before his dad flipped?
You are correct his father was never made and Fat Sammy himself was made prior to his father becoming a rat.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Rocco wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm If true that would have had to happen when Scarfo Jr was acting Capo. And it had to have happen before 2007. Also Scarfo Jr was only out of prison for a short time before getting indicted in 2007. I don't know how much truth there is to this either. Though he could have gotten permission from Amuso to do this. It seems the panel was calling all the shots on who is made etc.
Rocco I think article just means to say Scarfo Jr. sponsored Piccolo and walked him into the ceremony. While he would have to be out of prison to do so he wouldn't have to be an acting capo just a member in good standing. At least thats how I interpreted it.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Teddy Persico wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 am via Dave Schratwieser's twitter

Multiple Sources: New FBI Mob informant in Philly tried to snare several top Philly wiseguys.Did they fall for it?#fox29

Wiseguys: FBI informant tried to hook them.They claim unsuccessfully. Informant visited Mob clubhouse at 11&Jackson.#fox29

Tale of The Tapes. Philly Wiseguys try to figure out which Mob guys and associates caught on wire by new FBI informant.#fox29

FBI looking for more cooperators in ongoing Mob drug probe. Agents visit target of 2017 shooting plot. No takers yet.#fox29

Court docs say Philly "LCN drug trafficking associate" was "talking openly & disparagingly" about drug guys business.#fox29

Documents also say 2 Mob drug suspects sat outside LCN drug associate home for 3 hours preparing to enter & shoot him.#fox29

FBI document: quotes Mob capo about kicking up $ to Mob higher ups."Whatever I do goes up...I do it on a weekly basis."#fox29

FBI Doc:Kicking cash to Mob big shots.Quotes wiseguy "Yeah that's our business...All this is structure.It 's what you do.#fox29
Fucking mayo face blocked me on Twitter for naming Tony Persiano as the rat. You see how much LE dick he has been sucking lately. Him and Anastasia have no sources on the street. That much is obvious.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

yatescj7781 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Fucking mayo face blocked me on Twitter for naming Tony Persiano as the rat. You see how much LE dick he has been sucking lately. Him and Anastasia have no sources on the street. That much is obvious.
Wow Mayo is a little bitch lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
The Cat
On Record

Post by The Cat »

i
That’s fucking crazy ! These guys must put out anything they hear. What ever happened to journalism .
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Not for nothing, but Schratwieser gets all his info from LE, so I doubt he would feel comfortable tweeting something about Persiano being the rat when LE hasn't acknowledged it publicly yet. He might lose face with them doing that, who knows? We haven't even gotten the indictment yet, just Servidio's complaint and a couple made guys indicted.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

I think they both have street sources , they don’t blurting everyone out to the public is the fact they keep those sources,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:31 pm
Rocco wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm If true that would have had to happen when Scarfo Jr was acting Capo. And it had to have happen before 2007. Also Scarfo Jr was only out of prison for a short time before getting indicted in 2007. I don't know how much truth there is to this either. Though he could have gotten permission from Amuso to do this. It seems the panel was calling all the shots on who is made etc.
Rocco I think article just means to say Scarfo Jr. sponsored Piccolo and walked him into the ceremony. While he would have to be out of prison to do so he wouldn't have to be an acting capo just a member in good standing. At least thats how I interpreted it.
What I meant is that if the guy to be maid into the lucchese's. Scarfo would have had to been Capo with Amuso's backing. Because Perna's do not know the guy. He is a philly/S Jersey guy.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

New mob talk talking about the arrests

https://youtu.be/GerVnnYmh_c
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:08 am

I think they both have street sources , they don’t blurting everyone out to the public is the fact they keep those sources,
Sources for a reporter are different from sources in a criminal complaint where the defendant surely knows who the cooperator was. Mayo's reason was they don't float out the cooperators name until they have a chance to defend themselves and comment. Bullshit. His LE sources either didnt tell him the name or told him not to release it. He got pissed when I said it was Anthony Persiano on his twitter. Started acting like a bitch saying "Well maybe you should come on the next Mob Talk if you know who it is"
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

yatescj7781 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 pm
Stroccos wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:08 am

Sources for a reporter are different from sources in a criminal complaint where the defendant surely knows who the cooperator was. Mayo's reason was they don't float out the cooperators name until they have a chance to defend themselves and comment. Bullshit. His LE sources either didnt tell him the name or told him not to release it. He got pissed when I said it was Anthony Persiano on his twitter. Started acting like a bitch saying "Well maybe you should come on the next Mob Talk if you know who it is"
goood reporters don’t burn there sources , why would he give out the name when it’s not been released yet , what if in the rare instance where Persiano was not the rat , he / his station could be sued etc etc these guys have a cushy gig u think they give a crap what some weirdos on twitter thinks
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo