Philly Mob Bust Today

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TJ
Straightened out

Re: Philly Mob Bust Today

Post by TJ »

fughed...i think that was scarfo, maybe talking about the narduccis? i think
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Correct- Scarfo in reference to Frank and Phil Narducci
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Snakes wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:26 pm Didn't they make Fish Cafaro's son? I think he disowned his father.
Same with Fat Sammy Valenti, Frank Coppa Jr. and Robert and Joseph Jr. Lino of the Bonannos and Greg Scarpa Jr. of the Colombos.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:18 am
Snakes wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:26 pm Didn't they make Fish Cafaro's son? I think he disowned his father.
Same with Fat Sammy Valenti, Frank Coppa Jr. and Robert and Joseph Jr. Lino of the Bonannos and Greg Scarpa Jr. of the Colombos.
were these guys made after the father flipped or before?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Rocco wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:23 am
All before. So different situations than Grande.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am
All before. So different situations than Grande.
That's what I thought....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Grande's grandfather, uncle, great-uncles, and several relatives through marriage were all members in good standing and his father flipped when he was very young, so factor all of that in.

I saw some records years ago that indicated there was a relation between Grande and Anthony Nicodemo, too. It was a property record I found a couple of years after their bust in the mid-late 2000s, didn't specify what and maybe it was used loosely, but it did say there was a relation. Regardless of that, this seems like one of the biggest ongoing "clans" (as silly as it sounds these days, that's what it is) of made members in a non-NYC US family:

Joseph Rugnetta (uncle of Piccolos)
Dominick Rugnetta (nephew of Joseph Rugnetta)
Nick, Joe, Mike Piccolo (uncles to Dominic Grande's grandfather)
Anthony Piccolo (brother of Dominic Grande's grandfather, who was Wayne Grande's father-in-law)
Salvatore Piccolo (Dominic Grande's uncle, former brother-in-law of Wayne Grande, Scarfo faction member as of 2000s)
Nicky Scarfo (uncle of Phil Leonetti and Lucchese member Scarfo Jr.)
Phil Leonetti
Nicky Scarfo Jr.
John Grande (father of Wayne / Joe Grande)
Wayne Grande (father of Dominic)
Joe Grande (uncle of Dominic, Scarfo faction member as of 2000s)
Steve Mazzone (brother-in-law of Dominic's aunt)
Sonny Mazzone (brother-in-law of Dominic's aunt)
Anthony Nicodemo (possible relation)

Not saying they all get/got along and there are possibly some other connections I'm forgetting/unfamiliar with, but it's an interesting block of relations.

edit: Though not related, the Merlinos also trace back originally to this general group, and think of all the guys in the current family who are there because of the Merlinos: the Lancelottis, Ligambi, the Borgesis, Accardo, and more. So needless to say, Dominic Grande is right in the center of something much larger than "cooperating witness Wayne Grande's son".
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Grandes also trace their involvement in the organization to Frank Narducci, who sponsored John Grande into the family. The Grandes were at least initially supportive of Narducci in his bid to take out Phil Testa, so curious what the relationship is like between Dom/Joe Grande and the Narducci brothers today.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

TJ wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:11 am fughed...i think that was scarfo, maybe talking about the narduccis? i think
Damn..I have Nicky as my avatar and forgot that!

Thanks
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Good post B.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

During the Ligambi trial they played a tape of Licata talking about Dom Grande to Stefanelli and said "they love that kid down there". Nicodemo was a major player and Grande was his guy, him being a high level member really shouldn't be a surprise.

Also, during the Ligambi trial, they played a tape where Licata told Stefanelli about a ceremony that would place after Steve Mazzone's supervised release ended, and the three guys Licata mentioned were Dom Grande, Sonny Mazzone, and Joe Servidio, this would have been around early 2011.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I thought this paragraph was especially interesting.

Little Nicky Scarfo died of natural causes at 87 in a North Carolina prison last year serving a life sentence. Per an FBI informant, Scarfo placed murder contracts on the Grande brothers’ heads in the late 1980s for getting his cousin Sammy Piccolo involved in their drug business. Per sources, Piccolo was ushered into his official mafia initiation by Scarfo’s son, Nicky Jr., inducted into the Lucchese crime family in New York — which Nicky Jr. is a member of — and then absorbed by the Philly Borgata upon Nicky Jr. being imprisoned in 2011.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:00 pm
I thought this paragraph was especially interesting.

Little Nicky Scarfo died of natural causes at 87 in a North Carolina prison last year serving a life sentence. Per an FBI informant, Scarfo placed murder contracts on the Grande brothers’ heads in the late 1980s for getting his cousin Sammy Piccolo involved in their drug business. Per sources, Piccolo was ushered into his official mafia initiation by Scarfo’s son, Nicky Jr., inducted into the Lucchese crime family in New York — which Nicky Jr. is a member of — and then absorbed by the Philly Borgata upon Nicky Jr. being imprisoned in 2011.

Agree. This reads as though Piccolo was made into the Luke’s then transferred to Philly.
Not a common happenstance. To put it mildly.

Thoughts?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

That is very interesting, thanks for pointing that out. Curious if Persiano was also inducted into the Lucchese NJ crew and transferred after Scarfo Jr. lost his standing and/or went away on FirstPlus case. Makes you wonder if other transfers have gone on in modern times without us knowing.

The same guy who said Sammy Piccolo was made on the RD ~10 years ago had mentioned Piccolo associated with an guy whose name I can't remember, but I remember looking the guy up at the time and he was an obscure Lucchese associate. I'll see if I can drudge up his name later somehow, though the first name Ralph rings a bell, Italian last name for sure.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

I'm confused as to the fat Sammy Valenti thing. His dad wasn't made but he was made before his dad flipped?