UN-REDACTED Cleveland Structure File 1963

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: UN-REDACTED Cleveland Structure File 1963

Post by Antiliar »

Tom Scalish was an older brother: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/21911304
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 pm Tom Scalish was an older brother: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/21911304
Oh I'm sure he existed, but the claim that he replaced Frank Milano and John Scalish replaced Tom is one I've never heard before.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I don't think by "inherited" the CI meant "replaced." Inherited could simply mean that they were sponsors in the Cleveland Family, or something similar.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm Jack White reporting to his cousin Pete Licavoli is interesting.
We know Pete Livcavoli was influential. He seemed to have juice
originally in St. Louis, then Detroit, Ohio, and Arizona. I wonder how much if
any influence Pete had within the Cleveland family, aside from
the control over Jack White.
Well connectons ran deep between the two families , I doubt Pete controlled the Cleveland family outside of some joint ventures and asking for some favors , a few examples of the connections Al Polizi is the one who in A sense arranged jack whites parole , Pete licavoli was the best man at Al's wedding. Moe dalitz was from Detroit and moved to Cleveland ,

also remember when licavoli was getting all the headlines in Tuscon , cleveland irish gangster gameboy miller also set up operations in Tuscon arizona who backed by the cleveland guys.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:29 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm Jack White reporting to his cousin Pete Licavoli is interesting.
We know Pete Livcavoli was influential. He seemed to have juice
originally in St. Louis, then Detroit, Ohio, and Arizona. I wonder how much if
any influence Pete had within the Cleveland family, aside from
the control over Jack White.
Well connectons ran deep between the two families , I doubt Pete controlled the Cleveland family outside of some joint ventures and asking for some favors , a few examples of the connections Al Polizi is the one who in A sense arranged jack whites parole , Pete licavoli was the best man at Al's wedding. Moe dalitz was from Detroit and moved to Cleveland ,

also remember when licavoli was getting all the headlines in Tuscon , cleveland irish gangster gameboy miller also set up operations in Tuscon arizona who backed by the cleveland guys.
It makes sense the were close in some ways. 170 miles between the two cities, with Toledo in
the middle of both. Thanks stroccos.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Yeah don't forget about Leo "Lips" Moceri from Detroit that was Jack White's cousin. The very short lived but much too long Underboss for Jack White to run Akron.

He may have been "FROM" Detroit, but at least he went "TO" the Trunk of his car. At least CARS are from Detroit so it is fitting tribute. Good Riddance. A Very hated person in Akron, Ohio.
Know which Game to Play
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Great infor, FOH. Any details as to why he was hated?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm I don't think by "inherited" the CI meant "replaced." Inherited could simply mean that they were sponsors in the Cleveland Family, or something similar.
Al polizzi was convicted of bootleg whiseky sales in 1944 , I believe he got like a year in prison as soon as he was released he moved his family to coral gables FL around 1945. so someone had to be acting boss , We obv know John scalish was the long time boss of the Cleveland mob and oversaw Angelo lonardos making ceremony in the late 40's so he was at least the official boss by 47,48 or 49(late forties )
according to angelo lonardo he said when he got made John Scalish was the boss , Tony MIlano Underboss and John Demarco was the Consigliere

from what I gather from the statement by The informent , he believes Tom scalish was acting boss until he died 47 then John Scalish took over as acting boss and then evetually became the offical boss.
Last edited by Stroccos on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I think you meant "FoF". Nothing bad, but I'm not the Cleveland guy. Stroccos is The Cleveland Guy.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

baldo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 am Great infor, FOH. Any details as to why he was hated?
the long and short of it was hes was A fucking asshole.
beans
Associate

Post by beans »

Great discussion. Thanks guys
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:13 am I think you meant "FoF". Nothing bad, but I'm not the Cleveland guy. Stroccos is The Cleveland Guy.
I feel like Paulie in Goodfellas during the wedding "even I get confused myself" :lol:
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 am Yeah don't forget about Leo "Lips" Moceri from Detroit that was Jack White's cousin. The very short lived but much too long Underboss for Jack White to run Akron.

He may have been "FROM" Detroit, but at least he went "TO" the Trunk of his car. At least CARS are from Detroit so it is fitting tribute. Good Riddance. A Very hated person in Akron, Ohio.
here is the is A picture of his Lincoln , that he took his last ride in
Leo Lips also lived in Barberton in the 40's for a few years when he was on the lame for those murders in Toledo. He worked in A gambling operation. Then I believe he went to California until caught,
when jack white was on the lame I think it was in the 30's he was stashed in south Euclid ( A suburb not to far from Clevelands Little Italy,) and lived with one of the family members of the d'agostino's for awhile who were very close to the Milanos and highly respected on the hill.
When Yonnie licavoli was arrested for the jack kennedy murder he was in Akron Ohio, He was trying to set up a deal to back a local racketeer with his gangs muscle , so they could get back in the rackets. that was in the 30's ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beans
Associate

Post by beans »

Caddy > Lincoln
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

beans wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:07 pmCaddy > Lincoln

A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac. It's a better automobile.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.