Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TJ
Straightened out

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by TJ »

thanks pogo...blackstein, fuck you and your believing sources insults..i dont make shit up out of thin air and post it for the fuck of it.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

TJ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:35 am thanks pogo...blackstein, fuck you and your believing sources insults..i dont make shit up out of thin air and post it for the fuck of it.
Take it easy, he specifically mentioned the health care fraud charge and it didn't look like he mentioned you by name as being explicitly wrong. Another poster asked about the 9-3 and Sonny posted 10-2 but for another charge. Nobody was wrong.
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

snakes, in a pm to me he did and he sarcastically questioned it, so ya, the source thing was a dig to me
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ok, we'll I didn't know that. Just please keep it civil here. Take your beefs to PM or the Graveyard.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

I was wrong when I predicted Joey's luck had run out and he would be convicted.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

i said my peace, nothing else to say....

silent, juries can go either way in any case..joey had the stones to go to trial, he also had the mountain of evidence, and realized that other than the rats, there wasnt much, so the roll of the dice is whether 12 jurors will believe them, he got it right, but it could have easier went against him
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:18 pm Joey should paint a liberty bell on his garage door like Scarfo did once he got back home from the Falcone trial.
Whoa, did this really happen? I've never heard this before. Hilarious if true!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
beans
Associate

Post by beans »

These guys down in Philly are pretty brazen. They said some of the mafia guys from Philly came to his trial. That really makes me scratch my head.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Scott Burnstein reported I believe the Mazzone brothers, Georgie, Anthony Accardo, and the Wagners were all there last week.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

beans wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 am These guys down in Philly are pretty brazen. They said some of the mafia guys from Philly came to his trial. That really makes me scratch my head.
I think it was stated that they came after the jury went into deliberation, not during actual trial proceedings, where the jury could see them.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Ligambi was there too as well.
beans
Associate

Post by beans »

Frank wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am
beans wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 am These guys down in Philly are pretty brazen. They said some of the mafia guys from Philly came to his trial. That really makes me scratch my head.
I think it was stated that they came after the jury went into deliberation, not during actual trial proceedings, where the jury could see them.
Thanks Frank. That makes sense.
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

Hailbritain wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am Gangland news 22nd feb 2018

Sources say that a handful of jurors who hung around and spoke to prosecutors and defense lawyers after the mistrial was declared, said they were evenly split on the main racketeering charge, but deadlocked 10-2 for conviction on the health care scam and 9-3 for conviction on the illegal gambling charges.
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

Frank wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm Ligambi was there too as well.
According to Capeci in the Gangland news 22nd feb 2018 thread:
Hailbritain wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am If and when there is a retrial, Gang Land expects that Philadelphia wiseguy George Borgesi, a daily spectator, and his uncle, former acting family boss Joseph (Uncle Joe) Ligambi, and other City of Brotherly Love supporters who showed up during the three-week trial, will be back to show their support for Skinny Joey.
His word choice here is throwing me off, does "a daily spectator" mean Borgesi was there everyday of the trial?

And, "supporters who showed up during the three-week trial," makes it sound like there were supporters in attendance for the duration of the trial.

I don't know, oh, well.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

monarch wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:38 pm
Hailbritain wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am Gangland news 22nd feb 2018

Sources say that a handful of jurors who hung around and spoke to prosecutors and defense lawyers after the mistrial was declared, said they were evenly split on the main racketeering charge, but deadlocked 10-2 for conviction on the health care scam and 9-3 for conviction on the illegal gambling charges.
Thanks Buddy.