Current Wiseguy Hangouts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Current Wiseguy Hangouts

Post by Rocco »

TommyNoto wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm
MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm Genovese club in Down Neck Newark called Ironbound Republican Club. I doubt it is still open though. They were operating our of a different club down neck for the last bust in 2011 on the Port. Basically a loan sharking office for all their clients at the Port.
I believe the Ironbound Republican Club changed names to Lefty's Lounge. There's a place down the block on Adams called Caffe Espresso. I don't know too much about it though.
Cafe espresso is a very good old school Italian place , been there a long time and has a bunch of local LE that eat there cause of the cheap prices ( similar to McWhotter bbq down the street ). I don’t think they would do a lot of business on there but who knows I guess . Haven’t been there in awhile so good mention as I need to head back
I know that place. And I think you are right. There is no LCN businesses out of there. Mostly because of how long that place has been there. It would have drew the attention of investigators and the FBI long ago. There are not that many Italian joints left downneck. The Hispanics moved in long ago. Hispanic areas also border downneck SW of it as well.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Yeah there are few Italian joints left, but not too many. You have Paradiso's on Clifford St. and the old bakery, Cucuzzella's on Jefferson St. I can think of off the top of my head.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 pm Yeah there are few Italian joints left, but not too many. You have Paradiso's on Clifford St. and the old bakery, Cucuzzella's on Jefferson St. I can think of off the top of my head.
Its shrinking fast. Just like the Forrest Hills section of Newark. Both used to have many Italian businesses.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Is villa amalfi still open
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

don pepe's is still open
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Nasto's ice cream and dessert shop is still there too I believe.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

bronx wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:10 pm Is villa amalfi still open
In Cliffside Park? Yes, I believe it is still open. I haven't been there in a couple years though.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

In that 2014 bust, they were operating out of Tri-State Check Cashing on Avenue A and Portucale Restaurant on Elm St.
PaulieConey
Prospect

Post by PaulieConey »

thanks for all the responses guys.
PaulieConey
Prospect

Post by PaulieConey »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm Nasto's ice cream and dessert shop is still there too I believe.
what's nasto's connection with LCN?
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

PaulieConey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm
MikeyRiens11 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm Nasto's ice cream and dessert shop is still there too I believe.
what's nasto's connection with LCN?
Sorry, there is no connection that I know of. I was just mentioning one of the Italian businesses still operating in the area.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

yes Mikey, lemoine ave,
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

Strega waterfront is a hot spot in boston
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm In that 2014 bust, they were operating out of Tri-State Check Cashing on Avenue A and Portucale Restaurant on Elm St.
Portucale I’ve been to a bunch - know the owner , and I didn’t see wise guys there . Shocking how many checks the cashed and you would never know . It’s mainly a Portuguese , Brazilian and local spot
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

supposedly the "REAL" Satrioles across the the street in jersey[ saw it on a doc}

i dont know shit though
I been taught to listen to what's not said