Current Wiseguy Hangouts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PaulieConey
Prospect

Current Wiseguy Hangouts

Post by PaulieConey »

Hello everyone, I am new here so 1000 apologies if this has already been posted before:
I'm wondering what mobster hangouts are active and in use. I understand social clubs are a generally a thing of the past but I think there are still some around... Peter DiChiara has one right? As well as Anthony Romanello? I also know of Pasquale's Rigoletto, Tough Tony's restaurant... for some reason all I can think of are West Side ones. Anyways, any additions or contributions would be great.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Re: Current Wiseguy Hangouts

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Not sure if is still open but there was a Bonanno club at 2009 72nd st in Bensonhurst. I think it was Vinny TV's club.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:04 pm Not sure if is still open but there was a Bonanno club at 2009 72nd st in Bensonhurst. I think it was Vinny TV's club.
Yup, that one's still open. Vinny TV was spotted there as soon as his supervised release ended.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

I forget who did this, but a pretty good view of the Social clubs past and present.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ms ... 999996&z=4
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

i dont know how active pete dichiara's cherry / market street club is anymore. i used to drive by there 5 days a week and rain or shine the door was open and most of the time there were guys outside, as early as 7 am. now i only pass by there 2 days a week but i havent seen the door open or anyone lingering around in forever. a couple of years ago, around the time of the GL article that outed the club and the location, one summer afternoon i walked by there and there was almost 12 guys standing outside, some of them a lot younger than you'd expect with the genovese...a nod to the ravenite lol
JOJO
Honorary Member

Post by JOJO »

I run every nighth along the FDR Drive. i live downtown so sometimes ll cut over on Cherry street and walk the last mile. i like to walk by that club which is open at 8 am on weekends even. Very tough looking guys in there. A lot of construction type people wearing those neon vests. id be interested in how the cops do surveillance on that place. not many close vantage points where one wouldn't be spotted. if thats being a gangster though fuck that. hang out around the corner from projects all day? no thanks. i wonder if knickerbocker village makes them pay rent lol. i guess if you got bored you can watch the chinks play basketball
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Is it a member's only club? Wonder what's up with all of the construction guys in there.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Genovese club in Down Neck Newark called Ironbound Republican Club. I doubt it is still open though. They were operating our of a different club down neck for the last bust in 2011 on the Port. Basically a loan sharking office for all their clients at the Port.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Vinny TVs club is not a public hangout but they leave the door open quite frequently when I used to live 3 blocks away. Don Peppe in ozone park, fresco by Scott (sort of), Forlini’s across from MCC (friends with one of the owners and staff and saw Dominic truscello outside once)
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I go to Forlini’s a lot, it’s my go to spot downtown.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm I go to Forlini’s a lot, it’s my go to spot downtown.
A lot of mob guys there?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Rocco wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm Genovese club in Down Neck Newark called Ironbound Republican Club. I doubt it is still open though. They were operating our of a different club down neck for the last bust in 2011 on the Port. Basically a loan sharking office for all their clients at the Port.
I believe the Ironbound Republican Club changed names to Lefty's Lounge. There's a place down the block on Adams called Caffe Espresso. I don't know too much about it though.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm Genovese club in Down Neck Newark called Ironbound Republican Club. I doubt it is still open though. They were operating our of a different club down neck for the last bust in 2011 on the Port. Basically a loan sharking office for all their clients at the Port.
I believe the Ironbound Republican Club changed names to Lefty's Lounge. There's a place down the block on Adams called Caffe Espresso. I don't know too much about it though.
Typically Tinos old crew always had guys in a social club or bar that became a base of operations for loan sharking and gambling that catered to Longshoremen in Port Newark . I doubt very much that has changed because they are still very active at the port with bookmakers and loan sharking. Not hard for the FBI to weed them out since they are the only people on the block that are not Hispanic...lol
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am
Cafe espresso is a very good old school Italian place , been there a long time and has a bunch of local LE that eat there cause of the cheap prices ( similar to McWhotter bbq down the street ). I don’t think they would do a lot of business on there but who knows I guess . Haven’t been there in awhile so good mention as I need to head back
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Top guys like barney and cali and more probably have their own office at their legitimate businesses.