Any social clubs still in existance?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Any social clubs still in existance?

Post by Angelo Santino »

Chucky, how long do you think there's going to be an 'Italian South Philly?' They got a small infuse of NYers and Sicilian immigrants in the 60's and 70's, so it still may be sizable, I don't know.

EB: Would you say that almost all of lower Manhattan is gone? Most will never know that it was once the epicenter of Italian immigration from west to east Houston, up and down Mulberry, Mott and Elizabeth, down to Hester and scattered south to James St and then onto the Brooklyn Bridge. Going northward from E Houston up first and 3rd had pockets up to Italian Harlem. The good old Italian colony of E96 up to 130. All gone now.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:EB: Would you say that almost all of lower Manhattan is gone? Most will never know that it was once the epicenter of Italian immigration from west to east Houston, up and down Mulberry, Mott and Elizabeth, down to Hester and scattered south to James St and then onto the Brooklyn Bridge. Going northward from E Houston up first and 3rd had pockets up to Italian Harlem. The good old Italian colony of E96 up to 130. All gone now.
Gone, except for a few rent control holdouts in Knickerbocker, where they're outnumbered 8 to 1 by the Chinese.

You're a census guy. You can verify this in five minutes. At the 2010 census, there wasn't a SINGLE Italian born resident living in the 10013 zip code (Mulberry Street). Not a SINGLE Italian National. And barely a hundred or so Italian AMERICANS, either.

And that's five years ago during the housing bubble. You only have to see the high rises going up on Mulberry now and throwing the commercial spots out. By 2020 it will be fifty-fifty fags and Chinese. Guaran-fucking-teed.
Last edited by East Bronx on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Chris Christie wrote:Chucky, how long do you think there's going to be an 'Italian South Philly?' They got a small infuse of NYers and Sicilian immigrants in the 60's and 70's, so it still may be sizable, I don't know.
Difficult to answer, maybe 20-30 years? Maybe less. A lot of italians have been moving to Washington Township over in South Jersey recently though.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Which of the 5 boroughs has the largest Italian/Italian American population?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote:Which of the 5 boroughs has the largest Italian/Italian America population?
Bronx, I think... Brooklyn and then Staten but those two are going to switch in the future.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Which of the 5 boroughs has the largest Italian/Italian America population?
Bronx, I think... Brooklyn and then Staten but those two are going to switch in the future.
IF that's still true, and that's a BIG IF. It's only by sheer size. Because in terms of ratio, the Bronx and Brooklyn aren't even close to Staten Island when it comes to the ratio of Italians to non-Italians.

Long story short, there are 1.5 million people in the Bronx, and there are 2.5 million people in Brooklyn. As opposed to less than 500,000 on Staten Island.

Look it up. But I live for this shit, so you know I'm right :mrgreen: :mrgreen:.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Population of Queens?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

JCB1977 wrote:Population of Queens?
I think they are mostly in Manhattan based on East Bronx post above.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

If we're talking about hipsters don't count me among them. I hate those assholes as much as you do. And I'm talking about the wannabes who go to extreme lengths to be 'original' in every aspect of their lives. My viewpoints may be more liberal than some here, but you'll never catch me looking like a third rate Rivers Cuomo with a dorky sweater and glasses without the lenses. I mean fuck, that shit even caught on in the NBA! And if you guys think the inner cities have become packed with these people, don't go to Cape Cod. It may be full of old people, but the age 25 and below group is as hipster and left wing as you can get.

I'll be straight up and say not everyone who's a hipster is a granola douche that was spoiled by their parents. But it's not a small number that give the rest a bad name, this shit is everywhere. Meanwhile I'm sitting over here with a lager, with a flannel shirt looking like Dave Grohl in 1992.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:
IF that's still true, and that's a BIG IF. It's only by sheer size. Because in terms of ratio, the Bronx and Brooklyn aren't even close to Staten Island when it comes to the ratio of Italians to non-Italians.

Long story short, there are 1.5 million people in the Bronx, and there are 2.5 million people in Brooklyn. As opposed to less than 500,000 on Staten Island.

Look it up. But I live for this shit, so you know I'm right :mrgreen: :mrgreen:.
Well played, Old man. Tsk tsk tsk.

No, all I really know is that lower Manhattan is gone and Harlem is going, the 2004 housing boom alot of people cashed in and resettled to Staten Island. You being in real estate, you're a few laps ahead of me.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

So the great threat to eastern seaboard demographics are bearded liberals?

Here's me all thinking it's from immigration policies allowing influxes of fanatical followers of 3rd world antiquated belief-systems, predominantly Islamic which believe in imposing by force their bronz age tribal superstitions to law in overthrowing democracy.

And here I learn it's the slightly spoilt liberal mid westerners which are the real threat.

Who says you don't learn something new everyday?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

123JoeSchmo wrote:If we're talking about hipsters don't count me among them. I hate those assholes as much as you do. And I'm talking about the wannabes who go to extreme lengths to be 'original' in every aspect of their lives. My viewpoints may be more liberal than some here, but you'll never catch me looking like a third rate Rivers Cuomo with a dorky sweater and glasses without the lenses. I mean fuck, that shit even caught on in the NBA! And if you guys think the inner cities have become packed with these people, don't go to Cape Cod. It may be full of old people, but the age 25 and below group is as hipster and left wing as you can get.

I'll be straight up and say not everyone who's a hipster is a granola douche that was spoiled by their parents. But it's not a small number that give the rest a bad name, this shit is everywhere. Meanwhile I'm sitting over here with a lager, with a flannel shirt looking like Dave Grohl in 1992.
Your ancestors founded the country, no one would confuse you for a hipster. Me on the other hand...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

East Bronx wrote:
Chucky wrote:Someone should build Auschwitz II somewhere in Yellowstone Park and gas they cocksuckers by the thousands.

Where IS fucking Pogo when we need him?

You know I'm under fucking house arrest you cute fuck.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

But I will say though, in relation to this subject, with all this gentrification at an excelling rate, this is going to have an influence on Italian organized crime. I think eventually the mafia map is going to be Bronx and Staten Island with pockets of Brooklyn and perhaps an expansion into the state of Jersey as people move.

But when you factor in the onslaught of surveillance and indictments, the changing demographics and the globalization of businesses, online gambling, the digital paper trail... not even Houdini could get out of that. The Mob is probably going to be remembered as a 20th century American phenomenon with Gotti representing the downward spiral. People like EB, Chucky, JCB, maybe even Cheech, that can remember that era when the mob was significant can attest to how swiftly things have changed in the last 20 years alone.
Pogo wrote:You know I'm under fucking house arrest you cute fuck.

Pogo
It's the end of an era. RIP!
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Sooooo...any other social clubs?