Any social clubs still in existance?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Any social clubs still in existance?

Post by NYNighthawk »

I know the Bergin and Ravenite are long gone but are there any still in the Bronx? I am guessing Brooklyn had the most back in the day and might still have a couple open.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Any social clubs still in existance?

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Yeah man the Ravenite's a shoe store now I think
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

NYNighthawk wrote:I know the Bergin and Ravenite are long gone but are there any still in the Bronx?
Arthur Avenue? A couple of Albanian and Moroccan soccer clubs. That's about it. When I was growing up there were at least a dozen.

There are a couple of spots still around off Westchester Square and at the far end of Westchester Avenue, around Buhre and at the end of the six. That's always been Genovese/Lucchese land. But there's hardly anything going on in those joints.

OC's still around, but it's not your grandfather's Mafia anymore :lol: (And I don't mean YOU personally, Nighthawk, it's just an expression).
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Still many in Chicago, doesn't mean they're all connected though.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

NickyEyes1 wrote:Still many in Chicago, doesn't mean they're all connected though.
Same thing in the Boston area . In places like eastie , north end, revere, Malden , saugus , Medford they are everywhere dosent mean they are connected though. The Greeks and Alabanians have them in salem and lynn and I am shore the Irish guys have them in the areas

I am sure if u walked in any of these places you could find a couple bookies but most guys are legit just like hanging out playing cards and Trying to avoid there wives for a couple hours LoL
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Social Clubs are everywhere in my area but that's all they are, social clubs. One in Easton did get caught with something like 20 million in boxes due to those joker poker machines, think it was 7 or 8 years ago, Order of the Fleas.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NickyEyes1 wrote:Still many in Chicago, doesn't mean they're all connected though.
How about that one a couple years ago in Elmwood that was throwing a card game at 2am and got held up? Article said three of the guys had pieces :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Recent GL's mentioned the Spilingese Social club in Newark that the Fiumara Crew (Genovese family) used as well as one in Manhattan owned by Genovese Capo Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara which he used as a base of operations.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

On Arthur Avenue I can think of two Italian places right off the top of my head that are still open....one that's mostly Genovese and the other that's mostly Gambino.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Say what you want about Joe Massino but he did have a point when he said the FBI only needs one agent to watch 50 guys at a social club, while it obviously needs a lot more to track those 50 guys if they're not all meeting in the same place.
All roads lead to New York.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

corner of westchester and wilkinson in the bronx i can't remember the name
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Recent GL's mentioned the Spilingese Social club in Newark that the Fiumara Crew (Genovese family) used as well as one in Manhattan owned by Genovese Capo Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara which he used as a base of operations.

Pogo
There are a couple down neck still. Joe Queli operates out of two down neck still. Soccer club or something.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

rayray wrote:Social Clubs are everywhere in my area but that's all they are, social clubs. One in Easton did get caught with something like 20 million in boxes due to those joker poker machines, think it was 7 or 8 years ago, Order of the Fleas.
Easton PA ??
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

moneyman wrote:corner of westchester a wilkinson in the bronx i can't remember the name
You mean the Buddha's club? If that's the one you mean it's gone.

If you mean the place just north, on the more residential side of Wilkinson, that's the place Ralphie used when he wasn't at the funeral home. That's shuttered now, too. But he still owns the property. Shit, his family owns half the block. There used to be a joke that they were gonna put up apartments in Pelham Bay Park :lol:.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

think it was buddha, right next to balsamo funereal home .. would pass that place all the time growing up (im 26) love that area pelham park is really a hidden treasure in nyc- would hate to see that area become the next williamsburg...