New Mob Talks

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: New Mob Talks

Post by chubby »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:10 pm
chubby wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm We followed each other also but I just realized today his page was gone... I saw the photo you're speaking of but I don't know where it was posted.
I messaged him a few times and he actually responds lol.

I was going to Philly and asked him where to get a cheesesteak
That's hilarious... I started following him on Instagram and a few days later I got notifications of him liking my pictures and it made me laugh I thought maybe he did it on accident then it happened again. I know it's just ig but I still think it's crazy that he actively had an account. Wonder how many Feds were following him on there and trying to talk to him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Yeah he had a ton of photos on there, but I will almost guarantee Jacobs told him to delete it lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

If the Sopranos were on today, I can see an episode where social media becomes an issue and Tony, clueless about that shit, has to crack down on members using it. It'd be a problem with the younger guys, but for comic relief Paulie would unexpectedly get addicted to Facebook and post a million selfies, make posts he shouldn't, etc. "You gotta try it, T. I swear to God, every broad in the world is on there and they're all lonely." Someone sets a profile up for Tony and he hates it, but at the end of the episode when he's home alone we find him looking for an old flame or something.

I've been rewatching the series for the first time in a decade, on season six now. Still one of the best shows ever, but it's become a cool cultural time capsule for the late-90s through mid-2000s. At the time it was about as modern and fresh as you could get from a TV series/movie, and it's aged well because it still captures that era of American life. I sound like that fuckin' Noah character right now. What's crazy is how much has changed since the Sopranos went off air. I remember coming across relatives of members on Myspace and Vince Filipelli actually had his own profile, but you never would have imagined guys like Merlino being on there, or that you'd see selfies of Faffy Iannarella posted around just ten years later.

It's not that crazy to think that the Philly leadership, and maybe other families, have passed on new rules about social media. Hell, every other workplace has had to adapt to it. It's just the world we live in and none of this is much of a surprise anymore.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

What’s your favourite episode and why, B.?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 pm What’s your favourite episode and why, B.?
whats your favorite season?
mine would have to be probably season 2. i liked the whole idea of Richie coming back, etc. i wish Janice didnt kill him tho.

(did u catch in season 1, in the bakery where chris shot the employee, Vito was in the bakery as a different character)

you know... there is a defense aspect these guys could possibly use for there IG.... saying "were on social media together. if there was any criminal actions going on why would we post it online!"

at least there not venting on FB... id love to see them start bitching at eachother. i can see GA talking about the present day Philly beef starting on FB.

(Most of the "black mafia" all have fb. where they stupidly actually post pics of them with guns etc. and theres been severall cases here in Detroit where high ranking drug pins werr investigated thru there pics on social media and actually built cases thru it)
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 pm If the Sopranos were on today, I can see an episode where social media becomes an issue and Tony, clueless about that shit, has to crack down on members using it. It'd be a problem with the younger guys, but for comic relief Paulie would unexpectedly get addicted to Facebook and post a million selfies, make posts he shouldn't, etc. "You gotta try it, T. I swear to God, every broad in the world is on there and they're all lonely." Someone sets a profile up for Tony and he hates it, but at the end of the episode when he's home alone we find him looking for an old flame or something.

Log off. That cookies shit makes me nervous.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Janice shooting Richie was one of my highlights. If only he had been tortured to death.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 pm What’s your favourite episode and why, B.?
Not sure I could pinpoint one episode, but I always prefer the ones that focus on mob politics and anything where Paulie and Sil are in the spotlight. Seasons 1 and 2 are the best and I've owned/watched those two seasons a few times all the way through. This is only my second time for seasons 3 through 6 and it gradually drops off as it goes for me but seasons 3 and 4 were great, way better than I remembered. Season 5 still has its great moments but they missed some chances to tie the story together and I was fast-forwarding through any Dr. Melfi scenes by that point. Both times I've seen season 6 now I notice a hard drop off in quality.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

HATED the scenes with Tony and that fucking kid A.J. (Ass Juice) Wasn't a big fan of Meadow either especially when she dated a mulatto ****### to show her rebellion. LOVED the scenes with the inner workings of the Mob and pretty much enjoyed all the other sub plots. Didn't like the drug scenes with Christopher. Tony's girl friends were all good but the one that got burned in a fire was a bit much. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

B. wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 am
Not sure I could pinpoint one episode, but I always prefer the ones that focus on mob politics and anything where Paulie and Sil are in the spotlight. Seasons 1 and 2 are the best and I've owned/watched those two seasons a few times all the way through. This is only my second time for seasons 3 through 6 and it gradually drops off as it goes for me but seasons 3 and 4 were great, way better than I remembered. Season 5 still has its great moments but they missed some chances to tie the story together and I was fast-forwarding through any Dr. Melfi scenes by that point. Both times I've seen season 6 now I notice a hard drop off in quality.
Started it over again because of you thanks B. Favorite season 1 and 2. Favorite episode the legend of Tennessee moltisanti. First episode I ever saw when I was in 7th grade. Also the episode when Chrissy and tony rob the bikers in PA. Classic scene. Then when they do the flashback to Chrissy telling t about Adrianna . Crazy I'm fucking 33 now. 20 years ago mincccchhhiiiaaaa! And yea I often fast forward through melfi scenes too accept Tony's "were soldiers" when Christopher gets shot.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

^^^My favorite episode is when Chris and Tony rob the bikers for the wine. Grizzly Adams motherfucker. Dont shoot. Where with the Vipers

Youre right. They flash back. Its really good.

That and I like when Tony and Paillie go to Florida and Paullid keeps telling stories.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's been years after I first watched the show in about 2010. I was late to the party and it was the first time I watched a whole serie in the first place followed by many more. As I remember I found seasons 3-5 the best but it may also have been 2-4.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

B. wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 amNot sure I could pinpoint one episode, but I always prefer the ones that focus on mob politics and anything where Paulie and Sil are in the spotlight. Seasons 1 and 2 are the best and I've owned/watched those two seasons a few times all the way through. This is only my second time for seasons 3 through 6 and it gradually drops off as it goes for me but seasons 3 and 4 were great, way better than I remembered. Season 5 still has its great moments but they missed some chances to tie the story together and I was fast-forwarding through any Dr. Melfi scenes by that point. Both times I've seen season 6 now I notice a hard drop off in quality.
As good as Richie Aprile was (with that fucking stare) I'm a Ralphie guy. Season 3 personally is when it hit its feet. One it found them, two it hits its stride and three is perfection. In 'he is risen' the scene with Ralph getting an audience with Tony in Versuvio, Tony eating by himself with Chrissy and Paulie the two gargoyles standing guard. Perfect scene.
Oh, and of course you have Gloria.

And her name was G.... (sigh)
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Gloriaaa_Trillo.jpg
Game. Set. Match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I always thought Valentina was Tony’s hottest girlfriend. She really did it for me....