Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Pete »

Teddy Persico wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 pm From my understanding, he's worried that he's going to be charged again for crimes in Philly. Maybe he's wants a plea that will cover him for all (non capital offense) crimes committed since his release.
Correct. He could be charged in a rico case with the Philadelphia lcn as the enterprise instead of whatever bullshit they called it in New York the east coast lcn enterprise I think. Since he already would have pled guilty those crimes would be considered admitted to and make him guilty of rico violations again for a separate enterprise. In the Chicago family secrets trial they used offenses that guys had already been convicted and served time for as part of the prosecution. Like marcello had crimes included that were part of a separate prosecution of the carlisi street crew in the early 90's then same crimes in the rico prosecution of the Chicago outfit enterprise. Why a lot of guys appeal for double jeopardy but lose. They add just enough different stuff to make it pass the bar for double jeopardy
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

so whether he wins or looses he will have another round basically? lol, at this point.... id be copping out to everything. fighting cases are very strenuous.

i got a DWLS2 rn (license suspended) and I'm stressed ill do a 90 piece bc of my record!
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm so whether he wins or looses he will have another round basically? lol, at this point.... id be copping out to everything. fighting cases are very strenuous.

i got a DWLS2 rn (license suspended) and I'm stressed ill do a 90 piece bc of my record!
Win or lose he will be under indictment again. Most likely a philly rico at some point. The Feds gotta hard on for him like no one since gotti. They won't give up until he's doing life.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pete wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:17 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm so whether he wins or looses he will have another round basically? lol, at this point.... id be copping out to everything. fighting cases are very strenuous.

Win or lose he will be under indictment again. Most likely a philly rico at some point. The Feds gotta hard on for him like no one since gotti. They won't give up until he's doing life.
Totally agree, just about to say this.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Isn’t it after ten years the feds can’t use an old conviction towards a Rico? Or some period of time I thought
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

There is likely two issues going on for Joey. One would be a plea to the illegal gambling charge or health care fraud without racketeering could later be used as a predicate offense in the Rico trial that the feds want to bring against Philly in the next couple of years. I think the more likely and important consideration for Joey is that pleading in this case, even to a gambling charge would leave him open to essentially a life sentence under the guidelines should he be convicted of another felony again down the road. The idea for Joey has to be, plead and take 1 to 2 years now but maybe get automatic life later as a result of the plea if the feds get a rico conviction later or go to trial and risk 5 to 8 years if convicted with the same life hanging over your head for next conviction. His thought probably is, fuck it, might as well gamble win the case and walk.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Attaboi 1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:42 am Isn’t it after ten years the feds can’t use an old conviction towards a Rico? Or some period of time I thought
There has to be at least one offense within the past 5 years to keep the rico enterprise active and they can add older stuff to it from there. Junior gotti used the withdrawal defense to great effect. They had trouble proving any involvement in the previous 5 years
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

dack2001 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 am There is likely two issues going on for Joey. One would be a plea to the illegal gambling charge or health care fraud without racketeering could later be used as a predicate offense in the Rico trial that the feds want to bring against Philly in the next couple of years. I think the more likely and important consideration for Joey is that pleading in this case, even to a gambling charge would leave him open to essentially a life sentence under the guidelines should he be convicted of another felony again down the road. The idea for Joey has to be, plead and take 1 to 2 years now but maybe get automatic life later as a result of the plea if the feds get a rico conviction later or go to trial and risk 5 to 8 years if convicted with the same life hanging over your head for next conviction. His thought probably is, fuck it, might as well gamble win the case and walk.
Besides, Joey has the upper hand IMO. They rolled him into an indictment with an unreliable informant and they are relying on tapes that were tampered with. Jacobs is a genius against tapes.

He has more to win than lose IMO
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 am
Attaboi 1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:42 am Isn’t it after ten years the feds can’t use an old conviction towards a Rico? Or some period of time I thought
There has to be at least one offense within the past 5 years to keep the rico enterprise active and they can add older stuff to it from there. Junior gotti used the withdrawal defense to great effect. They had trouble proving any involvement in the previous 5 years
You don't need to even prove an offense, just involvement in the enterprise. I think that's what you said, but I just wanted to emphasize that.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Thanks. After so many years, I thought i was entitled to the straight scoop. Do you mean the place would still exist if he didn't unsuccessfully try to slam the posters to his site, or there was a real problem but he milked it instead of correcting?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Chopper wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:59 pm
UTC wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am Never understood why they didn't admit it earlier, and why they pretended it was a server issue.
Theres no 'they', just Dave.

He didnt admit it but he was trying to rerout traffic to his own site in the end, that was why he kept bullshiting about server issues.

I called him out on it, and he deleted my message and banned me from Gangsterinc, like I care.

Dave was an asshole that last year, but a friend did point out to me later that it was Dave who actually saved the RD years ago, when the previous owner wanted to get rid of it. He told me Dave was the only one willing to pay up. So there's that.
Thanks. After so many years, I thought i was entitled to the straight scoop. Do you mean the place would still exist if he didn't unsuccessfully try to slam the posters to his site, or there was a real problem but he milked it instead of correcting?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

was joey merlino ever looked at about the DiPietro murder? ik that there was article stating it could of been him.

maybe that could be part of the next RICO for philly?

anyone think he was involved?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

another merlino question....

so since Merlino was never officially appointed boss and he really pulled a "Galante" move....

when was joey officiAlly recognized as Philly boss? was it when stanfa went away?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm
TommyGambino wrote:
Chucky wrote:Anastasia and Schratwieser mentioned Sirkin on the news briefly when Merlino was arrested and that their might an indictment coming involving New York & Philly with the waste dumping in NJ. I would guess that the Bonanno capo is a NJ guy given Sirkin's connections.
Louis Civello Sr is the Bonanno captain in Jersey.

You could be onto something regarding the Perna's being related to Sirkin.
You could be on to something as Civello Jr is a member of the Bonanno clan( though I have him listed as a soldier and Sammartino a Jersey City Capo).and lives in Marlboro NJ His son runs a business in Bridgeton NJ which would be in the area where Sirkin is from(south jersey) and of course what be the Philly Mob territory. Here is an article on the Civellos car lot biz

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/ ... /76670616/

also

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2015/12/ ... illed.html

They also mention a Robert Volpe tied to the North Jersey Mob. Only thing I could find on a Robert Volpe was a guy from Staten Island who was indicted in the DeCav 99' indictment. Remember the Civello's are originally from NY. Moved to Marlboro like many others from Staten Island and Brooklyn. Civello Jr lives in MIllstone Twp just southwest of Marlboro.
FWIW, I grew up in Colts Neck and went to Marlboro High School. It was a great place to live.
I'll stop there...
I didn't know you grew up in New Jersey? I thought it was Detroit before you moved to Georgia. Well, where you grew up is much better than a shithole like Asbury Park on the NJ Shore which is 50% Black, 25% Hispanic & only 25% White with a huge drug problem. When did you move to Georgia? I think I thought you were originally from Detroit because you researched the Detroit Mob. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Confederate wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:53 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm
TommyGambino wrote:
Chucky wrote:Anastasia and Schratwieser mentioned Sirkin on the news briefly when Merlino was arrested and that their might an indictment coming involving New York & Philly with the waste dumping in NJ. I would guess that the Bonanno capo is a NJ guy given Sirkin's connections.
Louis Civello Sr is the Bonanno captain in Jersey.

You could be onto something regarding the Perna's being related to Sirkin.
You could be on to something as Civello Jr is a member of the Bonanno clan( though I have him listed as a soldier and Sammartino a Jersey City Capo).and lives in Marlboro NJ His son runs a business in Bridgeton NJ which would be in the area where Sirkin is from(south jersey) and of course what be the Philly Mob territory. Here is an article on the Civellos car lot biz

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/ ... /76670616/

also

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2015/12/ ... illed.html

They also mention a Robert Volpe tied to the North Jersey Mob. Only thing I could find on a Robert Volpe was a guy from Staten Island who was indicted in the DeCav 99' indictment. Remember the Civello's are originally from NY. Moved to Marlboro like many others from Staten Island and Brooklyn. Civello Jr lives in MIllstone Twp just southwest of Marlboro.
FWIW, I grew up in Colts Neck and went to Marlboro High School. It was a great place to live.
I'll stop there...
I didn't know you grew up in New Jersey? I thought it was Detroit before you moved to Georgia. Well, where you grew up is much better than a shithole like Asbury Park on the NJ Shore which is 50% Black, 25% Hispanic & only 25% White with a huge drug problem. When did you move to Georgia? I think I thought you were originally from Detroit because you researched the Detroit Mob. lol
2 bedroom apartments going for 1.4 million , that’s a real shithole Confederate. What would 1.4 million buy you down in the South- an entire county? 1.4 million only gets you a two bedroom apartment in Asbury. They really turned the place around as it used to be known as “Sarajevo by the sea” it was a ghetto when I was growing up in the 90s I remember. Great Italian restaurant that’s still in the western part of the city that’s still ghetto called Jimmy’s I highly reccomend.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/