Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Rocco »

bobbybats wrote:
Cheech wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Merlino doesn't look so cocky now. His trade mark grin is no where to be found.. :lol:

Pogo
Agreed Pogo. He's a little twerp and his smile is gonna get rammed up his skinny ass at trial. 20 years minimum...and that will be goodbye forever to a guy who wouldn't have made Captain in any other mob family. The punk that he is. I can't wait to hear the tapes

Whats your deal? Its borderline strange.
Ive wondered that myself. A lot of hate for someone whom he doesn't even know or even met.
Maybe he is really John Veasey jacked up on Meth pulling his teeth out while writing this.... lol
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Chucky wrote:Anastasia and Schratwieser mentioned Sirkin on the news briefly when Merlino was arrested and that their might an indictment coming involving New York & Philly with the waste dumping in NJ. I would guess that the Bonanno capo is a NJ guy given Sirkin's connections.
Louis Civello Sr is the Bonanno captain in Jersey.

You could be onto something regarding the Perna's being related to Sirkin.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:
Chucky wrote:Anastasia and Schratwieser mentioned Sirkin on the news briefly when Merlino was arrested and that their might an indictment coming involving New York & Philly with the waste dumping in NJ. I would guess that the Bonanno capo is a NJ guy given Sirkin's connections.
Louis Civello Sr is the Bonanno captain in Jersey.

You could be onto something regarding the Perna's being related to Sirkin.
You could be on to something as Civello Jr is a member of the Bonanno clan( though I have him listed as a soldier and Sammartino a Jersey City Capo).and lives in Marlboro NJ His son runs a business in Bridgeton NJ which would be in the area where Sirkin is from(south jersey) and of course what be the Philly Mob territory. Here is an article on the Civellos car lot biz

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/ ... /76670616/

also

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2015/12/ ... illed.html

They also mention a Robert Volpe tied to the North Jersey Mob. Only thing I could find on a Robert Volpe was a guy from Staten Island who was indicted in the DeCav 99' indictment. Remember the Civello's are originally from NY. Moved to Marlboro like many others from Staten Island and Brooklyn. Civello Jr lives in MIllstone Twp just southwest of Marlboro.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Rocco, pretty sure it came out with all that recent Bonanno information that Sammartino was demoted and Civello got the crew. Or maybe I'm going crazy.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is what we deduced here based on the location but it wasn't specifically mentioned that Civello got the Sammartino Crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Remember just because they live in NJ doesn't mean their rackets are in NJ. Allot of these guys raise their families in the Jersey Burbs but their rackets are in NY. There really hasn't been a "NJ Based" capo for the Bonanno's since Joseph Taormina. Sammartino seemed to be in charge of a crew that was really Staten Island Based. Sammartino has always lived in NJ though unlike the scores of other guys who moved here from NY. So maybe Sammartino had some small time shit going in Jersey City where he is from but I doubt anything significant as the majority of the indictment was crimes based out of NY. Same goes for the Colombos. You got a few guys living in Central Jersey but all their rackets seem to be in NY. These days the heavy presence for LCN in NJ seems to be Decavs, Lucchese, Genovese and Philly. Gambino family has been crippled in NJ. Zeke and Funzie lived in NJ but were their rackets always based out of NY. With that said I would be very surprised if Civello was had bookmaking and loan sharking rackets in NJ. Besides his son's shady auto lot biz I would imagine Civello's crew is based out of NY.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Gambino's can't be that bad if they have 2 crews in Jersey.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:Gambino's can't be that bad if they have 2 crews in Jersey.
What crews do they have that operate in NJ? Merola took over what was left of the Cabert Belleville crew(which was like 1 guy who died of lung cancer) and Merola is in jail . Merola was only a soldier and was reporting to Jacky in NY... Funzi lives in NJ but he operates in NY and most of his guys operate in NY. Funzi was never a Belleville Newark guy..always a NY guy. What Gambino's crew are NJ based and operate in NJ? Gambino's never recovered from the Cabert convictions. For a large family they have never filled the void left in NJ. Nicky Skins a LONGTIME Belleville Newark guy had to report to a Capo in Brooklyn ! lol Genovese, Lucchese's and Licata scooped up what bookmaking they had a long time ago.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Rocco wrote:
What crews do they have that operate in NJ? Merola took over what was left of the Cabert Belleville crew(which was like 1 guy who died of lung cancer) and Merola is in jail . Merola was only a soldier and was reporting to Jacky in NY... Funzi lives in NJ but he operates in NY and most of his guys operate in NY. Funzi was never a Belleville Newark guy..always a NY guy. What Gambino's crew are NJ based and operate in NJ? Gambino's never recovered from the Cabert convictions. For a large family they have never filled the void left in NJ. Nicky Skins a LONGTIME Belleville Newark guy had to report to a Capo in Brooklyn ! lol Genovese, Lucchese's and Licata scooped up what bookmaking they had a long time ago.
I know Funzi was Harlem, that was about 30 years ago though, things don't change? Heard a few people say he's basically running the Bronx for the Gambino's now. the Feds have him as a skipper operating out of New Jersey, Wasn't Merola with Nicky Mita, who was also a capo in Jersey, some say he's retired though. I think it was Chucky who said someone was caught on tape by Skins saying Vincent Modica will be the top Gambino in Jersey when he gets out
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:
Rocco wrote:
I know Funzi was Harlem, that was about 30 years ago though, things don't change? Heard a few people say he's basically running the Bronx for the Gambino's now. the Feds have him as a skipper operating out of New Jersey, Wasn't Merola with Nicky Mita, who was also a capo in Jersey, some say he's retired though. I think it was Chucky who said someone was caught on tape by Skins saying Vincent Modica will be the top Gambino in Jersey when he gets out
Nicky Mita is dead...he just hasn't fallen over yet. :mrgreen: He hasn't been active in a while. I heard that about Modica but he has been gone a longtime and is old. Allot of the guy that Modica was around are dead or in jail. Who is he gonna be in charge of? there are no made guys in NJ besides Merola. That's why Jacky put Merola on the map in Jersey because they had no action going there. Allot of the Gambino associates for Bookmaking and loansharking got pulled over to the Lucchese , Genovese and Licata's crew. Gambino's were just never able to rebuild in Newark. They might have some small time action like Merola had going.. but that's it. There bookmaking is peanuts compared to the other 3 families up there. Funzi lives in NJ. His crew doesn't operate in NJ never has. If by operate you mean meeting Funzi at a diner in NJ yeah maybe. Funzi and Zeke would get lost driving around Newark and BElleville..
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Cheech wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Merlino doesn't look so cocky now. His trade mark grin is no where to be found.. :lol:

Pogo
Agreed Pogo. He's a little twerp and his smile is gonna get rammed up his skinny ass at trial. 20 years minimum...and that will be goodbye forever to a guy who wouldn't have made Captain in any other mob family. The punk that he is. I can't wait to hear the tapes

My deal? He just irks me...as does George Borgesi. Merlino's bust is comical. Nothing more, nothing less
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

JCB1977 wrote:
Cheech wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:

Pogo

My deal? He just irks me...as does George Borgesi. Merlino's bust is comical. Nothing more, nothing less
How can you not want to make fun of those two little guys... How many years you think Borgesi will make it on the street?? 2-3?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Rocco wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Cheech wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:

Pogo

How can you not want to make fun of those two little guys... How many years you think Borgesi will make it on the street?? 2-3?

I'm on the same page as you are but some people on here ask what my deal is??? Or that I'm borderline strange...which I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks. Merlino's a celebrity, not a gangster...and I make fun of celebrities...so be it. I think it's borderline strange to make a comment about my insult to Merlino. That's strange.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

C'mon JCB, Merlino's not a gangster? :lol:
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Has Merlino ever plead out?