Info from San Jose informants 1960s

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Info from San Jose informants 1960s

Post by Antiliar »

jimmyb, I'd be interested in finding out more about this pressure from the publisher into writing about the JFK stuff. Do you have more info on it?
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Hey, Rick

No I don't think I have anything else. I just recall Rosalie and Bill's niece laughing about the JFK conspiracy stuff in the "Bound" book. They told me "the publisher told him to write about JFK." Not sure if Bill pushed back or just went with it right away. I've been in Arizona for over a year, but still haven't reached out to them since I moved here. I'd like to at some pt. The niece lives in Ohio, but visits Tucson often. She's Frank Labruzzo's daughter (or granddaughter, can't remember off top of my head).
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

jimmyb wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm Hey, Rick

No I don't think I have anything else. I just recall Rosalie and Bill's niece laughing about the JFK conspiracy stuff in the "Bound" book. They told me "the publisher told him to write about JFK." Not sure if Bill pushed back or just went with it right away. I've been in Arizona for over a year, but still haven't reached out to them since I moved here. I'd like to at some pt. The niece lives in Ohio, but visits Tucson often. She's Frank Labruzzo's daughter (or granddaughter, can't remember off top of my head).
If I may inquire, which part? The Mafia "electing" JFK, the Joe Kennedy connection or Johnny Roselli on Elm St with a sniper? For several years, mafia-conspiracists used these claims as vindication of the Mafia's involvement. I've had curveballs thrown at me that I cannot answer, some things related to New Orleans and Tampa are fishy. But in the end I go back to this: the mafia at its height in this country never had the power to alter the route of a presidential motorcade.

My only other point of contention were during the interviews he gave he cited the commission deciding what local NY politicians would win along with the Chief of Police. But again, that was likely done for promotional purposes.

Reading here, lines 5 and 6: https://imgur.com/QjrA4Eg.png
It's ambiguous to me, are they quoting Bill as saying JB was made boss on September 19, 1930 or was the "nineteen, nineteen thirty" a confused estimate. If he is saying September 19 then that would fit with Maranzano's death on Sept 10th, 1931 so perhaps the date was correct but off by a year. Angelo Caruso was AB in between those dates. We have Schiro's election date as well in 1912. The Bonannos are Philly's only rival in terms of the amount of information that has surfaced, through books, dry informants and official informants.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

If I may inquire, which part? The Mafia "electing" JFK, the Joe Kennedy connection or Johnny Roselli on Elm St with a sniper? For several years, mafia-conspiracists used these claims as vindication of the Mafia's involvement. I've had curveballs thrown at me that I cannot answer, some things related to New Orleans and Tampa are fishy. But in the end I go back to this: the mafia at its height in this country never had the power to alter the route of a presidential motorcade.

My only other point of contention were during the interviews he gave he cited the commission deciding what local NY politicians would win along with the Chief of Police. But again, that was likely done for promotional purposes.

It's ambiguous to me, are they quoting Bill as saying JB was made boss on September 19, 1930 or was the "nineteen, nineteen thirty" a confused estimate. If he is saying September 19 then that would fit with Maranzano's death on Sept 10th, 1931 so perhaps the date was correct but off by a year. Angelo Caruso was AB in between those dates. We have Schiro's election date as well in 1912. The Bonannos are Philly's only rival in terms of the amount of information that has surfaced, through books, dry informants and official informants.
Salve, Angelo

Yeah that part of our conversation was vague. I didn't even bring it up. But at the time I presumed they were talking about the assassination itself (although I suspect the publisher wanted anything about JFK).

I've read a few conspiracy books about JFK and the mob (the John Davis book, the "Contract on America" book, "Deep Politics and the death of JFK by Peter Dale Scott, and "Ultimate Sacrifice"---a ridiculously long book imo). In any event, I never walked away convinced the mob was behind it. I mean maybe they were, I'm just saying I've never read any compelling evidence. Overall I have a difficult time believing Oswald was not part of a larger plot, but that's just my intuition. Anyhow, I'm getting off topic.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

What's funny is that Bill took a creative writing class when he was in prison at Terminal Island, and Roselli was there at the same time. Sounds like Bill used some of those creative writing skills to his conversation with Roselli.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm
No, from the conversation the FBI agents are telling Bill the date "nineteen, nineteen thirty" and he agreed that they were probably correct. They told him the date, which they got wrong. We know that Angelo Caruso was briefly the acting boss after Maranzano was killed. Bill said he wasn't sure and didn't give any dates.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm

What's funny is that Bill took a creative writing class when he was in prison at Terminal Island, and Roselli was there at the same time. Sounds like Bill used some of those creative writing skills to his conversation with Roselli.
Yeah I think I hold the Bill Bonanno books in higher regard than some others, but I would take his story about the jfk assassination with a grain of salt.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

jimmyb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm
Antiliar wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Yeah I think I hold the Bill Bonanno books in higher regard than some others, but I would take his story about the jfk assassination with a grain of salt.
I can respect that, Antiliar disagrees with me on this also. I suppose it's easier for me to write him off because I'm so blindly focused on ancient history and that wasn't his area. I do believe him when he explains the way commission meetings were handled as well as other things that pertained to him in the 50's and 60's. I also tend to believe him over his father in certain cases, such as AZ having 3 Bonanno crews. There's always been that floating rumor that J.Bonanno had a mini-Family in AZ and if so, these people would be some of the likely people as well as the ones we know came from NY......

Anyways, excellent thread gentlemen. I'm learning alot. Salut.