Interwsting new raab interview

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: New Five Families Prologue

Post by Lupara »

This Detroit Mafia forum war is like the Montreal mob war, it never ends. :(
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Wiseguy wrote:
Slumpy wrote:when was the last mafia related indictment in Detroit?
What's I would consider the last really significant indictment was the GamTax bust in 1996. Several family leaders were charged in that one. The next most important one was a decade later in 2006 and involved those people shown in that meme DoubleZ posted above. But, while a few members were involved, it was basically just a gambling case. There have been other cases here and there but relatively minor ones. In November of last year, 10 people were charged with running a ponzi scheme involving loans for construction projects. Scott B said at least one of them, Gino Accetola, is affiliated with the family.
Yeah, that's pretty small time stuff.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Slumpy wrote:
Wiseguy wrote:
Slumpy wrote:when was the last mafia related indictment in Detroit?
What's I would consider the last really significant indictment was the GamTax bust in 1996. Several family leaders were charged in that one. The next most important one was a decade later in 2006 and involved those people shown in that meme DoubleZ posted above. But, while a few members were involved, it was basically just a gambling case. There have been other cases here and there but relatively minor ones. In November of last year, 10 people were charged with running a ponzi scheme involving loans for construction projects. Scott B said at least one of them, Gino Accetola, is affiliated with the family.
Yeah, that's pretty small time stuff.
Nobody said they were operating Genovese level scams, though. Small time or not, they are an active LCN family with a formal structure.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
DoubleZ
Straightened out

Post by DoubleZ »

Wiseguy wrote:...or get their underwear in a bunch about it.
Says the guy who just responded seriously to a meme :lol:

Wiseguy, these were done in good fun. Just pulling your leg here.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Wiseguy has two posting tones: serious and even more serious.
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

At least when it comes to Detroit there is evidence that there is something going on there. My point is we can have rational discussions that might get a little heated, but both sides make valid point. This is way better than dealing with fanboys from say Buffalo, who insist that the family is more powerful than ever, they have a 30 year old boss who also runs the Sicilian Mafia, Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. When you ask these people for sources they just say "they be in the street" and "everyone in Buffalo" knows the family is active :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote:
baldo wrote:what do u think of the following:
Another development is the reshaping of the Mafia Commission. To discourage surveillance by investigators who might spot gatherings of prominent members, family bosses or emissaries now confer on a one to one basis. They have to keep the Commission alive to cope with various problems, including threats from other organized crime groups, like Russians or Albanians, but no big meetings"
I imagine they meet about all sorts of things, including any potential problems from other groups. But I don't see much evidence of other groups being a major threat. The last issue was, of course, the Rudaj organization. And that was overblown anyway.

Cops know. The TV, the press, it's all still Italian mobsters. They're stuck in the 70s.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Snakes wrote:Wiseguy has two posting tones: serious and even more serious.
I bet he is a blast at a dinner party or social event

"pass the salt immediately"

5 seconds goes by

"I said pass the damn salt, Joy"
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Fughedaboutit wrote:

5 seconds goes by

Beats being a Fanboy.

;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYyXWeZxSU
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Fughedaboutit wrote:

5 seconds goes by

Well if he want bookies to get life in prison ....... lol
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

tmarotta wrote:At least when it comes to Detroit there is evidence that there is something going on there. My point is we can have rational discussions that might get a little heated, but both sides make valid point. This is way better than dealing with fanboys from say Buffalo, who insist that the family is more powerful than ever, they have a 30 year old boss who also runs the Sicilian Mafia, Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. When you ask these people for sources they just say "they be in the street" and "everyone in Buffalo" knows the family is active  :lol:
Well, there's stuff still going on in a lot of places. That, in and of itself, doesn't necessarily equate to an active family. I will say the forums have come a long way as far as knowing the modern day landscape of the mob. Ten years ago we had people posting charts for Milwaukee and St Louis and others claiming families in places like Cleveland and San Francisco were still around.

As for a rational discussion, I've said many times that people can be justified in including Detroit on the list of remaining families, as some sources do say that. I think where much of the debate has come is the size and scope of the Detroit family. That chart I put up in my meme is a good example. Or any of the charts that were posted year after year on the RD forum that ranged anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 names and made Detroit look more hierarchical than General Motors.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Cops know. The TV, the press, it's all still Italian mobsters. They're stuck in the 70s.

For those who missed it this was a line from a Law&Order: Criminal Intent episode where they were investigating some Albanian gangsters. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Cops know. The TV, the press, it's all still Italian mobsters. They're stuck in the 70s.

For those who missed it this was a line from a Law&Order: Criminal Intent episode where they were investigating some Albanian gangsters. :mrgreen:

Pogo
I actually remember that episode. But contrary to that line above, while the LCN does still get plenty of press, the media has always been quick to cover - and overhype - new groups that come along.
All roads lead to New York.