Skinny Joey

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Skinny Joey

Post by furiofromnaples »

B. wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:13 pm They were highly structured in late 2015 when a boss, acting boss, underboss, and consigliere were identified and taped inducting new members plus telling them which captain they're assigned to.
philadelphia-family-membership-for-2024-v0-wg7rrfe7vavc1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:28 pm Remember when dave and anastasia said borgesi went legit? Now hes running the show. Dont believe everything you read.
Believe very little of what you read esp re military, politics, organized crime groups.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

7digits wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:56 am Joey drives a Rolls Royce and stays at the Manderin and the four season in italy for a couple weeks at a time. These hotels are 1500 a night plus. Which means he’s spending prolly around 50k for a two week vacation. Must be nice to the boss. He deserves it! He’s a man’s man and risked life,limb and liberty to make it to that spot! God bless and keep on keeping on!
mandarin in milan is a lot more than 1500. every breakfast is like 100 bucks pp. and these crazy fees.

4 seasons just north of florence? 15K p week minimum

im sure he has a few foreign gazillionaires that just give him money. so much money in boca/palm bch etc area.

he dont own his own car or has these ppl just buy him shit. JOEY IS ALL SHOW, NO DOUGH
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:35 pm This was a good thread, some people should really review the posts they made in light of the Capeci article but honestly if you were ever around any wiseguys EVER you knew that talk show was the end of the end for Joey. Not the beginning of the end but the end end of his days in that life and Joeys not stupid, he knew it too.
Well to be fair. Mikey Scars (ex gambino captain) in his podcast said he is surprised by the shelving and months ago still thought if joey wanted to meet with ny bosses they would. So I dont think its obvious as you make it sound to be.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

What if this is the best thing to happen to joey. Good luck trying a case on him now. The authority on mafia has him shelved. Lets see who goes to his 70th bday then we’ll all know. Mayoface will be taking pics from the bushes.

arrivederci per ora amici miei
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

How dare they besmirch the good name of the greatest fiction author in the western hemisphere. And what's with the British accent? Who does Joey think he is, Sir Walter Raleigh?

WHY are you so jealous of Scott. maybe he got a few things wrong but he knowss more than most oc journalists and certainly knows a lot more than someone like you. he could give interesting shit to the forum but prob wont b.c of assholes like you. try being nice. highly doubt you're this confrontational in real life.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:46 am How dare they besmirch the good name of the greatest fiction author in the western hemisphere. And what's with the British accent? Who does Joey think he is, Sir Walter Raleigh?

WHY are you so jealous of Scott. maybe he got a few things wrong but he knowss more than most oc journalists and certainly knows a lot more than someone like you. he could give interesting shit to the forum but prob wont b.c of assholes like you. try being nice. highly doubt you're this confrontational in real life.
First, learn to use the quote function. Second, he's gotten a lot more than "a few things" wrong. Third, he knows more about making elaborate mob fantasy charts but that's about it. Fourth, my comment above was pure wit mixed with some Sopranos, not confrontational. Now mind run along and mind your own business.
All roads lead to New York.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Wiseguy ,

Can you at least acknowledge I was out in front of this NYC/Merlino story when NOBODY else was and people like you were (continue) to slander me ?

At least give me credit for telling everyone the most compelling/historically consequential LCN story of the past two and a half decades 8 whole months before your boy Capeci did who you and others are praising.

Can we just agree this was MY scoop from the jump or will you and your crew of arm chair experts just conveniently forget that part ?

Scott
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Was this really a big scoop? When the whole Merlino podcast thing came out just about everyone and their mothers on the forums where saying Merlino was going to be shelved/replaced over it. Hardly something to pat yourself on the back over when something that everyone was calling for months ends up happening.

And the “most compelling/historically consequential LCN story of the past two and a half decades”.

Ah there is that classic sensationalism. This story is a blip that doesn’t even rank in the top 10 of LCN stories of the last 25 years.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:03 amMikey Scars (ex gambino captain) in his podcast said he is surprised by the shelving
Anyone who is surprised a made guy and a boss no less may have been taken down and shelved for having a podcast where he talks about the mafia, crimes he’s committed and goads the Feds the entire time is an idiot. Ex Gambino captain / current rat bastards included.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Revisionist history my man , pogo .

I was being slandered for 8 months on this story .

“Blip” ?

You just exposed yourself bro ! Ignorance is bliss I guess .

Half of his forum is a complete and utter clown show .

As I’ve written before , buckle in fellas , I’m here for another 30 years doing this .. you’ll never escape me . I will be /am already am recognized as the no 1 crime reporter in North America and you guys post on here shit talking people you could never be in the same league with in a million years with your smug and smarm and dismissive attitudes while patting yourselves on the back to the cheers of like 10 people . Meanwhile , I’m building a fucking empire.

But you do you pogo , wiseguy , Sonny etc . Let’s see how that works out for you fellas .

Scott

.god bless him and he’s def the GOAT but Capeci is on the way out . Dude Is 80.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:45 am Wiseguy ,

Can you at least acknowledge I was out in front of this NYC/Merlino story when NOBODY else was and people like you were (continue) to slander me ?

At least give me credit for telling everyone the most compelling/historically consequential LCN story of the past two and a half decades 8 whole months before your boy Capeci did who you and others are praising.

Can we just agree this was MY scoop from the jump or will you and your crew of arm chair experts just conveniently forget that part ?

Scott
I'll always give credit where it's due. I've done that in the past with you and your Leonetti book which I thought was great. I don't recall your reporting on Merlino being shelved/Borgesi taking over, but if that was the case, then I'll give you credit for the "scoop."

The issue is, with a lot of your reporting - and I say this keeping in mind how difficult reporting on a criminal organization would be - comes down to what is the rule and what is the exception. Speaking of Capeci, when he gets something wrong and has to do a retraction, people tend to be surprised because it's rather unusual for him. It's the exception, even in the more recent years when he's been "phoning it in" a lot. With much of your reporting, it's the other way around. You report something, and it ends up being right, and people are genuinely surprised. Getting it right is the exception.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's a very interesting story and you were leading the charge on it but it's not the most compelling / historically consequential story of the last 25 years, or even one of them. Come on, Scott haha.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

I am the no 1 crime reporter in North America 😂😂😂 great line, respect
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:45 am Wiseguy ,

Scott
Did you deleted all your comments where this was you're scoop? Because I went thru you're post last time you made these claims, not knowing who you were. Looking to see if they were legit claims and didn't see any.