Gangland September 12th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Gangland September 12th 2024

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:22 pm @hairy my thanks.
hairy? What am I, a mirage?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Nadu might actually be retarded
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:50 am Scott celebrating getting one right like he is says everything, what's he now about 1 for 7 with actual proven stuff now? It's a shame if there wasn't so much false and suspect reporting i'd subscribe for his articles. Sounds like he was bang on the money on this though, fair play
Yep credit to him he was all over this story.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

bluehouse wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:10 am Nadu actually said he knows more about the mafia than the FBI.So he must be implying that he has guys on the streets of NY giving him more information than the FBI does.And that if a construction project happens in Philly than why would philly need NY.Hes so fucking dumb that he doesnt understand NY controls or has more connections to unions or building suppliers that could cut costs and profits more from.Or maybe Philly gets their coke and Heroin from NY.

Anyway Joey did a podcast today talking about Jeff Carnasie.This is how a supposed Boss is doing with his free time talking about some basement dweller.Hes defiantly a joke now.He did nothing when Gene Borello insulted him and his wife.It most likely means he has noone around him anymore that can handle business.
Nadu/Fat Frodo is totally clueless, he seems to not know that New York have had a say regarding Philadelphia one way or another since the early 80's going back to when Bruno got hit, maybe even before that.

And the fact he said he knows more about the mafia than the FBI shows how deluded Fat Frodo truly is.

Check out this video from Dominick Crea that came out recently where he absolutely cooks Fat Frodo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_tfiMRhLQ
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

John W wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:14 am
bluehouse wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:10 am Nadu actually said he knows more about the mafia than the FBI.So he must be implying that he has guys on the streets of NY giving him more information than the FBI does.And that if a construction project happens in Philly than why would philly need NY.Hes so fucking dumb that he doesnt understand NY controls or has more connections to unions or building suppliers that could cut costs and profits more from.Or maybe Philly gets their coke and Heroin from NY.

Anyway Joey did a podcast today talking about Jeff Carnasie.This is how a supposed Boss is doing with his free time talking about some basement dweller.Hes defiantly a joke now.He did nothing when Gene Borello insulted him and his wife.It most likely means he has noone around him anymore that can handle business.
Nadu/Fat Frodo is totally clueless, he seems to not know that New York have had a say regarding Philadelphia one way or another since the early 80's going back to when Bruno got hit, maybe even before that.

And the fact he said he knows more about the mafia than the FBI shows how deluded Fat Frodo truly is.

Check out this video from Dominick Crea that came out recently where he absolutely cooks Fat Frodo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_tfiMRhLQ
Nadu also says he bangs hot chicks and dates several women at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He truly is cos playing pretending hes Italian wearing velour tracksuits and saying hes a cocksmith.Hes basically telling everyone his fantasy life without actually living it.I think even dom cicale said that jeff wishes he lived the life of he did.Also anyone know who the guy that slapped him was
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Your right about Merlino opening himself up to insults - people troll the shit out of him publicly on the internet. People keep asking him directly now on social media whether he's shelved. Not sure how that's productive for him.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:50 am Scott celebrating getting one right like he is says everything, what's he now about 1 for 7 with actual proven stuff now? It's a shame if there wasn't so much false and suspect reporting i'd subscribe for his articles. Sounds like he was bang on the money on this though, fair play
There’s also a lot of claims that have been discredited but yet to be seen if they are true or not. It is a nice bit of credibility for Scott and time will tell if his claims about indelicato being consigliere among others prove to be true. The one I always was thought was strange was the shootings at cammaranos house etc, I think that seems odd but in this thread Scott just doubled down on it? I don’t doubt there was big tension between them but I think capeci would have made comment if his house was shot at? Again time will tell I guess
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Frankly, I with Nadu on this. When will we learn it's in the FBI's pension interests to keep this mafia mystique afloat. Borghesi is a Merlino gofer. Merlino will always get a respect package a few times a year. Capeci has never had sources aside from the FBI. Yeah, they're driving up and down the turnpike to meet with a non-Sicilian lording over what remains of South Philadelphia.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:22 am
Mistaken twice in one week too! Heads gotta roll for this Chin.
Cosmik_Debris
Honorary Member

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

Realistically, how much longer is this Merlino podcast going to generate revenue? Does it currently? I can't imagine much.

It was interesting for maybe 3-4 episodes and then he ran out of material. His sports picks are terrible and his political "commentary" is embarrassing. He doesn't talk about the life. What's he going to be talking about in a year? Or two years? Will anyone still be paying money to listen to him talk about politics and bad sports picks?

Not saying being boss of the Philly mob family has a great long term prospects, but I don't think his podcasting career does either. Hopefully he saved well.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

$10 Nadu is going to read this and tell us to suck his D again
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:22 am
My man chin. Humblest of apologies.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:35 pm
B. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:07 pm Some of these people moved on from Merlino in the 1980s when he got "chased" and his father got broken/shelved. Angelina didn't and he got assaulted by some of their former friends for it. Guys like Ligambi, Tory Scafidi, Borgesi, and others put the organization before the Merlinos back then.

They rejoined Merlino later but what we've learned is New York played a role in that, as New York Families weren't recognizing the Stanfa admin and aside from the Luccheses also seem to have distanced themselves from Scarfo, making it easier to side with the Natale/Ciancaglini/Merlino group. No doubt there are bonds between Merlino and many of these guys but this Family worked hard to rebuild relationships with NYC and gain recognition again so if there was pressure from NYC you can imagine a number of them would put that over childhood friendships that have taken on almost mythical proportions in Philly, as if it's the only city where members grew up together. Mafia politics often disrupt lifelong friendships and even blood relation, it's a fact of "the life".

Plus there are many members left who don't have that "childhood" allegiance to Merlino and if Merlino's friends didn't step in and make changes, other guys would absolutely use it as an opportunity to save face with NYC and gain power. Doesn't mean Merlino is seen as a total disgrace to his friends but between the negative attention his antics have brought to the Philly Family as a whole and the harm it does to NYC relationships, it seemed to be a given that he'd either step down or be removed from power and shelved. It's great info but I don't consider it a shocking turn of events in any way.
What do you think is more likely:
A) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Does a podcast, and his childhood friends who would do life for him overthrow him....as a false herring to LE.

OR

B) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Decides to do a REAL podcast and throw everything away.

Where would your money be?
I just listened to Scott’s YouTube on it and I do think there’s interesting context around this. In my opinion there was probably a time period where merlino was still a member and doing his podcast, however long that time period was. Inevitably New York and all families will have begun to question what was going on and pressure would have built on borgesi (or allegedly him) as to what they were going to do about it. What we may never know is how far Philly had to be pushed to shelve him. Ultimately they didn’t have much of an argument against it and I anticipate Philly sat on it for a while before reluctantly having to do what they needed to do. But for all we know Philly could have been pissed and done it right away. New York also could have strong armed them and left them with no choice. However it happened I do think one way or another Philly was left with no choice, how can he be a member and be on YouTube with djvlad lol? It just can’t happen, Philly had no choice. How that conversation with merkino actually went would be interesting if he even cared lol
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Honk wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:15 pm I wonder what that jerkoff Nadu will say now. He laughed at Scott many times for these claims.

My guess is he’ll claim to have some secret sources, blah blah blah.
Jeff’s secret sources are all in his pantry, and are typically mayo-based. I’m sure someone’s made that joke before.

But regarding Merlino, does anything think he was anything more than a front-boss since starting his podcast? I know he’s always courted media attention what with those soup kitchens and interviews from the ‘90s, but I would figure even independent criminals might feel uneasy working with someone who has a “lifestyle”-type podcast (which I’ve yet to watch, by the way).
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

One thing I remember, around the time of the fire at the cheese steak business, he was saying on the podcast that he'd be at such and such location and that if "you want to come shoot me, I'll be here." So, I think he validated some of that stuff himself.