Gangland September 12th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Gangland September 12th 2024

Post by Cheech »

Hoping to get banned before you send it. B. not happy with me.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:23 pm And to whoever of you clowns that literally bet money that you had run me off like a scared puppy you clearly got played. I’m going to get bullied off my own crime reporting beat by a washed up , deposed mob boss and a bunch of desk jockey tough guys on here? Come on. I ain’t going anywhere fellas . Buckle in baby !
Lol

Scott
YOU TELL THESE MAGGOTS!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! KEEP REPORTING
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:22 pm I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
Yup. And those of us who said you had real, legit sources got attacked for it. I think some apologies are in order.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:23 pm Hoping to get banned before you send it. B. not happy with me.
You ain't getting banned, money or no money!
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

I wonder what that jerkoff Nadu will say now. He laughed at Scott many times for these claims.

My guess is he’ll claim to have some secret sources, blah blah blah.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:56 pm
scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:22 pm I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
Yup. And those of us who said you had real, legit sources got attacked for it. I think some apologies are in order.
The blind squirrel finds a potential nut. Bravo.
How about I'll throw in a bunch of I'm sorries if I get some back for the 400 bullshit articles? Cammarano hit teams, new orleans, detroit, cleveland....

@scott: before you finish your happy dance:
Let's wait until it's true ok hero and
You own the good, you going to own the bad too?

Joeys boyhood friends threw him under the bus because of a garbage route and a phone call from Mannino.
Yeah, think I'll wait on this one.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@hairy my thanks.

My opinion is the likelihood of large scale support to overthrow Joey is just non existent. It's his childhood friends. Borgesi is going to lead a coup against joey??? GTFOOH.

My opinion.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Scott
The blind squirrel finds a potential nut. Bravo.
How about I'll throw in a bunch of I'm sorries if I get some back for the 400 bullshit articles? Cammarano hit teams, new orleans, detroit, cleveland....

@scott: before you finish your happy dance:
Let's wait until it's true ok hero and
You own the good, you going to own the bad too?

Joeys boyhood friends threw him under the bus because of a garbage route and a phone call from Mannino.
Yeah, think I'll wait on this one.
So this is the part I'm interested in. The same childhood friends, boyhood friends who have this special bond that goes deeper than Cosa Nostra which is why they will never flip on him. Is the same crew that dethroned him and ostracized him? I'm not saying it's not possible. I just don't see it happening, but those are the rules in that life, both sides knew that. With his podcast, something needed to be done. I guess I'm more interested in the politics of it all. Is he done all around even with Mazzone, Borgesi, and Lancelotti? Cut off completely. May never know for a few years. Some may say he wasn't making much as an LCN boss. How much can he be making as a podcast host?
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

When have I ever ran away from my losses ?

I own every error and always correct the record .

The Cammarano / Mancuso thing will be in court cases in the next few years . I know this for a fact. Every active wiseguy in nyc knows this situation was as serious as possible in that world. Doubting the circumstances or general reporting narrative is denying reality and displaying a severe lack of understanding of how Michael Mancuso thinks and operates. Facts .

Scott
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

No one threw Joey under the bus, he did it all to himself. If he actually believed he could continue on as a Boss while having that show (which I don’t believe he did) he was delusional.

He made his own bed now he’s lying in it on the shelf and it seems to me that’s exactly where he wants to be.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Some of these people moved on from Merlino in the 1980s when he got "chased" and his father got broken/shelved. Angelina didn't and he got assaulted by some of their former friends for it. Guys like Ligambi, Tory Scafidi, Borgesi, and others put the organization before the Merlinos back then.

They rejoined Merlino later but what we've learned is New York played a role in that, as New York Families weren't recognizing the Stanfa admin and aside from the Luccheses also seem to have distanced themselves from Scarfo, making it easier to side with the Natale/Ciancaglini/Merlino group. No doubt there are bonds between Merlino and many of these guys but this Family worked hard to rebuild relationships with NYC and gain recognition again so if there was pressure from NYC you can imagine a number of them would put that over childhood friendships that have taken on almost mythical proportions in Philly, as if it's the only city where members grew up together. Mafia politics often disrupt lifelong friendships and even blood relation, it's a fact of "the life".

Plus there are many members left who don't have that "childhood" allegiance to Merlino and if Merlino's friends didn't step in and make changes, other guys would absolutely use it as an opportunity to save face with NYC and gain power. Doesn't mean Merlino is seen as a total disgrace to his friends but between the negative attention his antics have brought to the Philly Family as a whole and the harm it does to NYC relationships, it seemed to be a given that he'd either step down or be removed from power and shelved. It's great info but I don't consider it a shocking turn of events in any way.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Scott
Yup
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:39 pm When have I ever ran away from my losses ?
Ask Cheech bud.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:04 pm He made his own bed now he’s lying in it on the shelf and it seems to me that’s exactly where he wants to be.
Once again, how does Mannino, Gambino UNDERBOSS, place Merlino, PHILLY boss, on the shelf?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

B. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:07 pm Some of these people moved on from Merlino in the 1980s when he got "chased" and his father got broken/shelved. Angelina didn't and he got assaulted by some of their former friends for it. Guys like Ligambi, Tory Scafidi, Borgesi, and others put the organization before the Merlinos back then.

They rejoined Merlino later but what we've learned is New York played a role in that, as New York Families weren't recognizing the Stanfa admin and aside from the Luccheses also seem to have distanced themselves from Scarfo, making it easier to side with the Natale/Ciancaglini/Merlino group. No doubt there are bonds between Merlino and many of these guys but this Family worked hard to rebuild relationships with NYC and gain recognition again so if there was pressure from NYC you can imagine a number of them would put that over childhood friendships that have taken on almost mythical proportions in Philly, as if it's the only city where members grew up together. Mafia politics often disrupt lifelong friendships and even blood relation, it's a fact of "the life".

Plus there are many members left who don't have that "childhood" allegiance to Merlino and if Merlino's friends didn't step in and make changes, other guys would absolutely use it as an opportunity to save face with NYC and gain power. Doesn't mean Merlino is seen as a total disgrace to his friends but between the negative attention his antics have brought to the Philly Family as a whole and the harm it does to NYC relationships, it seemed to be a given that he'd either step down or be removed from power and shelved. It's great info but I don't consider it a shocking turn of events in any way.
What do you think is more likely:
A) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Does a podcast, and his childhood friends who would do life for him overthrow him....as a false herring to LE.

OR

B) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Decides to do a REAL podcast and throw everything away.

Where would your money be?