Gangland September 12th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Gangland September 12th 2024

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:32 pm So this is the part I'm interested in. The same childhood friends, boyhood friends who have this special bond that goes deeper than Cosa Nostra which is why they will never flip on him. Is the same crew that dethroned him and ostracized him?
THIS.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:27 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:04 pm He made his own bed now he’s lying in it on the shelf and it seems to me that’s exactly where he wants to be.
Once again, how does Mannino, Gambino UNDERBOSS, place Merlino, PHILLY boss, on the shelf?
Mannino is the consigliere and wasn't the one who shelved Merlino.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:39 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:27 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:04 pm He made his own bed now he’s lying in it on the shelf and it seems to me that’s exactly where he wants to be.
Once again, how does Mannino, Gambino UNDERBOSS, place Merlino, PHILLY boss, on the shelf?
Mannino is the consigliere and wasn't the one who shelved Merlino.
If I read that wrong, appreciate the correction. Who shelved Merlino? Borgesi?

How does that happen?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:22 pm @hairy my thanks.

My opinion is the likelihood of large scale support to overthrow Joey is just non existent. It's his childhood friends. Borgesi is going to lead a coup against joey??? GTFOOH.

My opinion.
It's more like....at what...61 years old?

They probably asked Borghesi, "Are you ready to do some REAL fucking business?" Or you gonna go and be the next guest on this guy's pod?

I think they actually gave them a tremendous nod of respect for even asking.... really.

I think their credibility might have been on the line, and they got forced to choose.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:49 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:22 pm @hairy my thanks.

My opinion is the likelihood of large scale support to overthrow Joey is just non existent. It's his childhood friends. Borgesi is going to lead a coup against joey??? GTFOOH.

My opinion.
It's more like....at what...61 years old?

They probably asked Borghesi, "Are you ready to do some REAL fucking business?" Or you gonna go and be the next guest on this guy's pod?

I think they actually gave them a tremendous nod of respect for even asking.... really.

I think their credibility might have been on the line, and they got forced to choose.
I think this could be possible. Other families unwilling to associate with Philly because of Merlino's newfound lust for stardom.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:35 pm
B. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:07 pm Some of these people moved on from Merlino in the 1980s when he got "chased" and his father got broken/shelved. Angelina didn't and he got assaulted by some of their former friends for it. Guys like Ligambi, Tory Scafidi, Borgesi, and others put the organization before the Merlinos back then.

They rejoined Merlino later but what we've learned is New York played a role in that, as New York Families weren't recognizing the Stanfa admin and aside from the Luccheses also seem to have distanced themselves from Scarfo, making it easier to side with the Natale/Ciancaglini/Merlino group. No doubt there are bonds between Merlino and many of these guys but this Family worked hard to rebuild relationships with NYC and gain recognition again so if there was pressure from NYC you can imagine a number of them would put that over childhood friendships that have taken on almost mythical proportions in Philly, as if it's the only city where members grew up together. Mafia politics often disrupt lifelong friendships and even blood relation, it's a fact of "the life".

Plus there are many members left who don't have that "childhood" allegiance to Merlino and if Merlino's friends didn't step in and make changes, other guys would absolutely use it as an opportunity to save face with NYC and gain power. Doesn't mean Merlino is seen as a total disgrace to his friends but between the negative attention his antics have brought to the Philly Family as a whole and the harm it does to NYC relationships, it seemed to be a given that he'd either step down or be removed from power and shelved. It's great info but I don't consider it a shocking turn of events in any way.
What do you think is more likely:
A) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Does a podcast, and his childhood friends who would do life for him overthrow him....as a false herring to LE.

OR

B) Guy grew up in the life, father huge player, fought a war, literal gun battles, faced life sentences, did multiple bids.
Decides to do a REAL podcast and throw everything away.

Where would your money be?
Oh, my money is on SonnyBlackstein's conspiracy theory. Always.

There seems to be a misconception that everything these guys do in life revolves around Joey Merlino, that it's just a cult of "Joey" and everything else is secondary. He's close friends with many of them, he was their boss and they fought together, that is important. But if you're going to lean hard into the mythical "inseparable childhood best friends who pinky swore allegiance to Joey at 8-years-old and that's more important than Cosa Nostra and their own self-interest" thinking, then who are you talking about? How many members does that apply to? What do you know of their history together and within the broader Family?

Angelina was always loyal to Merlino even when Merlino was "chased" (shelved for associates) in the 1980s and he was ID'd as representing the "Merlino faction" when Merlino was in prison, but aside from many guys being close to Merlino for a long time and indeed loyal to him, there is no basis for believing they would completely forfeit their reputations and the reputation of the Family just to keep Merlino as boss. Plus there are many members none of this "childhood blood brotherhood" stuff applies to. Like Scootch implied, I wouldn't be surprised if Merlino knew this would happen and may have embraced this outcome somewhat willingly, but that's a different angle altogether and based on Capeci and Scott's coverage there was some kind of tension given New York got involved and took a stance. Even if Merlino did embrace the shelf, he is still reflecting poorly on the Philly Family to say the least.

This is a Family where brothers were literally trying to kill brothers. But Merlino formed a bond so deep with every one of these guys that they wouldn't demote/shelve him for doing a podcast capitalizing on his mafia status?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

B. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:00 pm Oh, my money is on SonnyBlackstein's conspiracy theory. Always.
You keep being you B. Im a fan no matter. Love the B.

Borgesi, Mazzone, Uncle Joe, Lance, Grande, Angelina 'put Merlino on the shelf' because Jerry and Scott say so.

I'll drink my coolaide, you drink yours.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I remember when New York told Mickey Nose to stand down with Joe C.

Think they sent Johnny Sac.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:22 pm I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
Scott I read your articles and watch your videos and think you do a very good job but you need to stop finessing and beating around the bush so much, if you know something then you need to be more direct like Capeci is. His article today was more concrete than all your insinuations over the last 6 to 8 months.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Honk wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:15 pm I wonder what that jerkoff Nadu will say now. He laughed at Scott many times for these claims.

My guess is he’ll claim to have some secret sources, blah blah blah.
I just watched Fat Frodo’s video on the subject and he basically discounted everything but you could clearly see that he was furious about Capeci breaking the story, You can guarantee that if he was the one that was breaking the news then the story would be facts and he would be patting himself on the back like he always does.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:17 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:05 am The Philly family could have removed him despite being friends with him for so long but it’d understandable because the podcast won’t bring nothing but heat and it’s not what anyone in that life should be doing, according to its members
Can you tell me how?
A vote?

When was the last time sitting boss was voted out?

How'd that work out for Joe C?
This is speculation on my part based of the article. We don’t know if it was a vote or not but either way, they must have gotten together and discussed this with each other and decided that Joey is out for the sake of the family (whatever’s left of it) credibility with New York and whatever business they have going on with them (if any) are other possible factors. His childhood friends are members of that life who know that a podcast is not best for business because it will disgrace the family’s reputation and will bring tremendous heat

They don’t want to be in prison over a podcast. By removing Merlino, they are doing what’s best for them. At the end of the day, they are gangsters and they don’t agree with any sort of podcast. Again, what Pennisi has shared about the life clearly displays that this would never be accepted, even today.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

IMO Merlino was a front boss.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Scott celebrating getting one right like he is says everything, what's he now about 1 for 7 with actual proven stuff now? It's a shame if there wasn't so much false and suspect reporting i'd subscribe for his articles. Sounds like he was bang on the money on this though, fair play
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Furio I agree. He was boss in name only for the last few years. The podcast probably brought to much embarrassment for the Philly guys. So they take him down tell NYC they shelved him and probably vote a new boss around xmis. Merino will be off shelf next year when the podcast dies
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Nadu actually said he knows more about the mafia than the FBI.So he must be implying that he has guys on the streets of NY giving him more information than the FBI does.And that if a construction project happens in Philly than why would philly need NY.Hes so fucking dumb that he doesnt understand NY controls or has more connections to unions or building suppliers that could cut costs and profits more from.Or maybe Philly gets their coke and Heroin from NY.

Anyway Joey did a podcast today talking about Jeff Carnasie.This is how a supposed Boss is doing with his free time talking about some basement dweller.Hes defiantly a joke now.He did nothing when Gene Borello insulted him and his wife.It most likely means he has noone around him anymore that can handle business.