New England Underboss Dead at 77

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Re: New England Underboss Dead at 77

Post by NickyEyes1 »

outfit guy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:24 am South Philly is the most Italian of Little Italys. Easy way to know if there are a lot of Italians is the number of butchers and bakers. I know of 3 butchers, just off the top of my head, in S. Philly. There's 1 bakery remaining in the North End.
As crazy as it sounds, St Louis has one of the best Little Italys in the country
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:28 am
outfit guy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:24 am South Philly is the most Italian of Little Italys. Easy way to know if there are a lot of Italians is the number of butchers and bakers. I know of 3 butchers, just off the top of my head, in S. Philly. There's 1 bakery remaining in the North End.
As crazy as it sounds, St Louis has one of the best Little Italys in the country
Yes, I visited The Hill many times. Very Old School
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

That’s completely false . There are 3 bakeries in the north end still. Mikes , Modern and parziale’s and they have all been there 40 plus years I would estimate

I am not about to argue with you who has a better little Italy
I think south Philly is awesome also but yur statement is incorrect
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Eddie mush wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:27 pm
That’s completely false . There are 3 bakeries in the north end still. Mikes , Modern and parziale’s and they have all been there 40 plus years I would estimate

I acknowledge your correction. I truly thought only Modern remained. When I say bakery, I'm strictly referring to BREAD and not pastries. Regardless, we both may be incorrect as a prior poster noted The Hill in St. Louis which is remarkable.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Eddie mush wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:27 pm

Also Bova’s bakery. For bread, there’s also the basement at
bricco.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

It's a bake-off
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

I’m headed to The Hill for a visit in not too long. Found a really cool doc on the Hill. Not lcn related. Sicilians were the minority as far as Italians go and the northern Italians did not care for them. I didn’t realize this was a big thing outside of LCN
https://youtu.be/CSYwRLx_u58?si=I1kfGfZj089Y6AQ0
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Yep and generally the southern Italians weren’t crazy for the northerners either. The most common stereotypes against the northerners were that they were more like Germans than Italians, and that they don’t know how to cook.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

There's probably no Italians living there anymore but The Hill is incredible. Nice neighborhood with great restaurants. Gioia's Deli is top notch.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Kash wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:19 pm
I’m headed to The Hill for a visit in not too long. Found a really cool doc on the Hill. Not lcn related. Sicilians were the minority as far as Italians go and the northern Italians did not care for them. I didn’t realize this was a big thing outside of LCN
https://youtu.be/CSYwRLx_u58?si=I1kfGfZj089Y6AQ0
Great documentary.

And yes, STL’s Italian community was composed mainly of Northerners (primarily from Lombardia and Liguria) and Sicilians. There were comparatively few immigrants from the Mainland South there, so it was a very different dynamic than cities like NYC, Chicago, Philly, Boston, etc. Related to this, the membership of the STL outfit, at least so far as we know, remained 100% Sicilian. There was even an FBI informant source in the 60s (not a member) who believed that it was a rule there that you had to be Sicilian to be made. Thing was, though, there just wasn’t a recruitment pool of Napolitani, Calabresi, etc., for the mafia anyway. A similar dynamic pertained in some other Midwestern cities, like Detroit, KC, Milwaukee, Rockford, and Madison, where the Italian populations were also predominantly composed of Northerners and Sicilians. The outfit in all of these towns also remained entirely (Madison), or predominately (the others), Sicilian.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not only was the St. Louis Family entirely Sicilian from what we know, a 1960s informant said compaesano background still mattered and talked about how being from Terrasini vs. Cinisi vs. Partinico meant different standing in the Family. He didn't mention though that a number of historic members and even bosses were from Agrigento.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:43 pm yaeh they pretty much leave it alone after all the bulger and fbi corruption. if they want to keep the thing alive they don't have a problem IMO. I think dinunzio the brother can keep it moving along in boston in the subs and whatever matt g has left in providence. nephews sons and grandkids just like they do in NYC
Gugs has his claws in the teamsters. His brother and a man i consider a mentor in the street and out from hells kitchen when it was the kitchen said theyre gentlemen and are the last of a dying breed.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Name: PAUL J DECOLOGERO
Register Number: 23952-038
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: 12/14/2026
Located At: USP McCreary

For you in 2026 what would remain of Boston mafia will induct DeCologero?
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:46 am Name: PAUL J DECOLOGERO
Register Number: 23952-038
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: 12/14/2026
Located At: USP McCreary

For you in 2026 what would remain of Boston mafia will induct DeCologero?
I believe he just got sentenced to an additional four years for his role in the Bulger hit.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

is this the declogero that was backing the rebel faction in that new england mob war many yrs ago?

remember that silverman guy? his friend? or is this that guys nephew
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!