A complete List of rules for inducted members in la cosa nostra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cobra
Straightened out

Re: A complete List of rules for inducted members in la cosa nostra

Post by cobra »

- lo piccolo rules already mentioned are clear
- brusca said loansharking is not allowed, but i think they allow it now or ignore the rule
- buscetta said reporting stolen car to the cops was not allowed, but they change it to prevent being accused of crimes they didn't do
- carmelo d'amico say nino rotolo told him boss of cosa nostra, they put a rule must be from palermo
- i don't remember who say it, but being part of freemasonry not allowed, probably they ignore it
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Cangemi and others, if I remember correctly, said that drug trafficking would be prohibited, but everyone knows that this is not the case.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the exploitation of prostitution is also prohibited, and is perhaps the only rule they follow to the end. They simply ask the pimps for protection
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

scagghiuni wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:04 am the exploitation of prostitution is also prohibited, and is perhaps the only rule they follow to the end. They simply ask the pimps for protection
- francesco marino mannoia said the only rule men of honor never break is introduction by a third
- he said he is sure all other rules are broken
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Calderone said joining freemasonry used to be banned but we know this changed. In the US, Ray DeCarlo was recorded saying the New Orleans Family were "greasers" who didn't allow its member to become freemasons too, so it seems to have been an old rule on both sides.
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

Never be alone with another made man's wife ,especially if he is in the can.
Old Schooled
Associate

Post by Old Schooled »

- Discussion of official organizational matters requires "tying the circle" where they link arms or hands before discussing, then "break the circle" afterward

"In onore della famiglia, la famiglia e' aperta"

In honor of the family, the family is open
"You must learn to skim the cream off the top without disturbing the milk"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:23 pm - Discussion of official organizational matters requires "tying the circle" where they link arms or hands before discussing, then "break the circle" afterward.
I remember Gravano's biography referenced this. It's the only reference I've ever heard. Do you have additional info?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

SONNY IOT IDS CALLED LOCKING IN
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:13 pm
B. wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:23 pm - Discussion of official organizational matters requires "tying the circle" where they link arms or hands before discussing, then "break the circle" afterward.
I remember Gravano's biography referenced this. It's the only reference I've ever heard. Do you have additional info?
I've read about this a few times, I'm trying to remember where...possibly in A Man of Honor. The Sonny Mercurio making ceremony? I'm recalling it being referred to as 'intacatta?' 'tying the knot' and 'locking in/tying in' as Bronx said. Seems like it's more of a tradition than a rule.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Johnny, bronx my thanks.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:02 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:13 pm
I've read about this a few times, I'm trying to remember where...possibly in A Man of Honor. The Sonny Mercurio making ceremony? I'm recalling it being referred to as 'intacatta?' 'tying the knot' and 'locking in/tying in' as Bronx said. Seems like it's more of a tradition than a rule.
It comes up in a bunch of places and yep, "tying the knot" or "tie-ins" is one way it's referred. One of the DeCavalcante turncoats even talked about doing it before discussing Family business at a barbecue. They're supposed to do it so while it may not be as strict as the ten commandment type rules, I'd consider it a rule.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Thanks B!
Medicated
Prospect

Post by Medicated »

Al D'Arco mentioned this too, but he referred to the hand holding as 'tacking up' or 'attacatta' in Italian.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:02 amI'm recalling it being referred to as 'intacatta?'’
Medicated wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:13 am Al D'Arco mentioned this too, but he referred to the hand holding as 'tacking up' or 'attacatta' in Italian.
That’s what I was thinking of, grazie.