General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:38 pm Speaking of whom, anyone know if this is his kid? There's a couple of these arrest mugshots for this guy assaulting people, both in DuPage county and I think Carparelli the Cicero guy lives/lived in Itasca.
Yeah, I believe that’s his kid, who is in his early 20s.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:08 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:38 pm Speaking of whom, anyone know if this is his kid? There's a couple of these arrest mugshots for this guy assaulting people, both in DuPage county and I think Carparelli the Cicero guy lives/lived in Itasca.
Thanks Tony. Guy has Tourette's but is going around assaulting people it looks like. Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I wouldn't be shocked if his dad has diverted him into the Players or similar activities, given the arrests for violent conduct (just speculating, of course).
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:20 pm Anyone know if this guy 'Mario Agate' is legitimate? My friends in Chicago say he used to be a collector for John Monteleone's juice operation. He is a former 12th street player along with his brother 'Renzo' per this guy but older than the Carparelli generation. I found one indictment online for cocaine where he is fighting deportation back to Italy but not much else - he seems completely fried from drugs and somewhat high during this episode. No idea if he's real or full of shit - the Tony Accardo bodyguard story (Abe?) leads me to believe the latter, but these guys also exaggerate other stories all the time to make themselves more relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPkFJQu0C8
Mariano “Mario” Agate Jr. I believe that him and his older brother Lorenzo were Players but I’m not sure about anything more. Sicilian immigrant family that settled in Cicero.

What’s really interesting is that I believe these Agates are from Mazara del Vallo. Another Mariano Agate, who *could* well have been a cousin of Mario’s father, was the notorious boss of Mazara del Vallo and capomandamento of the Mazara district.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:13 pm
Thanks Tony. Guy has Tourette's but is going around assaulting people it looks like. Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I wouldn't be shocked if his dad has diverted him into the Players or similar activities, given the arrests for violent conduct (just speculating, of course).
This kid had a tough life. His mother died of drugs while the father was in prison. Grew up with his Grandma - I don't blame scumbag kids for having scumbag parents. Shows you how much of a man Carparelli is - not much of one.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:37 am

This kid had a tough life. His mother died of drugs while the father was in prison. Grew up with his Grandma - I don't blame scumbag kids for having scumbag parents. Shows you how much of a man Carparelli is - not much of one.
Paul Carparelli’s wife died of a drug overdose? His wife died of cancer while Paulie was in prison unless you know something that I don’t. Not a drug overdose
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am

Paul Carparelli’s wife died of a drug overdose? His wife died of cancer while Paulie was in prison unless you know something that I don’t. Not a drug overdose
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2015/ ... tain-rules
But they said he also once asked the enforcer to “just beat the living p—” out of his ex-wife for $5,000. And after she died of a drug overdose, the feds say Carparelli had two words for his former father-in-law, who called Carparelli a junkie and a drug dealer: “Who OD’d?”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:34 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2015/ ... tain-rules
But they said he also once asked the enforcer to “just beat the living p—” out of his ex-wife for $5,000. And after she died of a drug overdose, the feds say Carparelli had two words for his former father-in-law, who called Carparelli a junkie and a drug dealer: “Who OD’d?”
Post the entire article if you can
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am Paul Carparelli’s wife died of a drug overdose? His wife died of cancer while Paulie was in prison unless you know something that I don’t. Not a drug overdose
Is this her?

https://illinois.arrests.org/search.php ... rtial=True

Edit: Nevermind, it's her. She died in 2013.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... id=2654788

Interesting how her son is mentioned there but not her husband.

"Who OD'd?" was one of his infamously crass quotes that was making the rounds when he caught his case about ten years ago.
Last edited by Ivan on Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:44 am Post the entire article if you can
Paul Carparelli knows how to make his point.

The feds captured the reputed Cicero Street Crew member’s colorful way with words on thousands of secret recordings as he bossed around a 300-pound enforcer, ordered up brutal beatings, and concerned himself only with the hierarchy of the Chicago Outfit.

While demanding that the “f—ing thorough beating” of a car salesman in Melrose Park include broken legs, he allegedly added, “Hey, in that situation, if it’s your legs or not, what’s the f—in’ difference, you ain’t movin’.”

Other times, the feds say he described the beatings more simply: “Guy gets out of his car. Boom, boom, boom. That’s it.”

Ed Wanderling, Carparelli’s attorney, said in an email his client is a “typical wannabe who watched the Godfather and Sopranos too much.” He called prosecutors’ claims that Carparelli was part of the Cicero Street Crew “ridiculous,” and he pointed to the extensive surveillance of his client.
“Not once was he ever seen with nor did he speak to any alleged mobster or organized crime figure,” Wanderling said.

However, Assistant U.S. Attorney Heather McShain filed a memo in federal court last week asking U.S. District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman to send Carparelli to prison for more than 11 years at his sentencing hearing Dec. 21. In the memo, she laid out the tale of a man committed to the mob life and who claimed to live by three cardinal rules:

“As long as you don’t steal from me, f— my wife or rat on me, you’re my friend 1,000 percent,” Carparelli said in October 2011. “Do you hear that? Do you hear those three things I just told you?”

Carparelli allegedly made that comment to George Brown, the 300-pound mixed-martial arts fighter who wound up cooperating with the government against Carparelli and others. The feds say Brown’s cooperation interrupted potentially violent schemes involving Carparelli. Among them was the “break-both-legs beating” of the nephew of Melrose Park Mayor Ronald Serpico.

Carparelli pleaded guilty in May to his central role in a series of extortion conspiracies around Chicago as well as in Las Vegas, the East Coast and one in Wisconsin that caused the victim to wet his pants and give up a Ford Mustang out of fear of Carparelli’s goons.
By the time Carparelli admitted his guilt, the judge had already tossed him in jail for allegedly threatening a government witness. The feds say Carparelli yelled at one of the witness’s employees that the witness had broken one of Carparelli’s three cardinal rules.

“Tell [the witness] he is a f—ing rat,” Carparelli allegedly said. “Tell him he knows what happens to rats.”

McShain also said Carparelli threatened a business partner as recently as August in an email sent from the Metropolitan Correctional Center. Wanderling claims no threat was made. Rather, he said the angry email described by the feds was sent to Carparelli’s “best friend” who never opened it and laughed when Wanderling told him about it.

“They are glamorizing this case as Mr. Carparelli has a big mouth and likes to throw names around of people he never met or knew,” Wanderling wrote in his email.

The investigation that nabbed Carparelli has already resulted in prison sentences for several of Carparelli’s associates, including five years for Robert McManus, four years for Michael “Mickey” Davis, 46 months for Mark Dziuban and Frank Orlando, and 38 months for Vito Iozzo.

Carparelli, of Itasca, was arrested July 23, 2013, as he drove up to his home with his son in the car, McShain wrote. He had cocaine and tested positive for it, and agents found two guns and $175,000 cash in his home. She said he’s dealt drugs for nearly 20 years.

McShain said Carparelli started out as a member of the 12th Street Players before becoming a member of the Cicero Street Crew. She said he has ties to Michael “The Large Guy” Sarno, a top Chicago mobster, and his pal, Mark Polchan, a ranking Outlaw motorcycle gang member.

The federal prosecutor also said Carparelli laid out his “manifesto” while speaking to Brown in 2011 about a power vacuum in the Chicago Outfit. When you are with “certain people,” Carparelli allegedly said, “there are certain rules.”
“I’m not about to change right now,” Carparelli allegedly said. “I don’t think I’m about to change, so if somebody tells me something, I have to f—in’ listen. It’s not that I have to, I wanna listen to it.
“Because this is what I’m made of, this is where I f—in’ come from and I’m f—in’ proud of it.”
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

From my source:

Paulie's wife's father was a Chicago Cop ironically who went by 'Peanuts.' The wife's cousin is Bruce Wasz who is an associate of the Sarno crew. Laura Wasz is her aunt - she and Bruce Wasz have been indicted to be fencing stolen goods off ebay in their pawn shops.

Seems both Paul and his wife have a lot of familial connections.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:38 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:57 am Paul Carparelli, 2011. I believe the name he's worried about having "come up" is Solly D:
Did a poor job of this himself given that he was sloppy enough to name Solly D and associate him with MIckey Davis a couple times on a wire with Brown.

Speaking of whom, anyone know if this is his kid? There's a couple of these arrest mugshots for this guy assaulting people, both in DuPage county and I think Carparelli the Cicero guy lives/lived in Itasca.
Yeah that’s his kid.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:03 am From my source:

Paulie's wife's father was a Chicago Cop ironically who went by 'Peanuts.' The wife's cousin is Bruce Wasz who is an associate of the Sarno crew. Laura Wasz is her aunt - she and Bruce Wasz have been indicted to be fencing stolen goods off ebay in their pawn shops.

Seems both Paul and his wife have a lot of familial connections.
This is correct. Regina DeMilio Carparelli's father was James A "Peanuts" DeMilio, a Taylor St guy, former employee of the Cook County Clerk's Office and CPD. Jimmy Peanuts was also central to the uproar around mob influence at scandal-plagued Triton College in West Suburban River Grove in the early 90s (the second such scandal, following an overhaul of the college's administration in the 80s due to mob influence). After retiring from CPD, DeMilio was hired as head of security and maintenance at Triton in 1988, allegedly the same day that the position was created for him without any public notice or attempt at outside hiring (DeMilio had a cousin on the board at Triton). Subsequent investigations into contracting shenanigans at Triton revealed that DeMilio was responsible for awarding preferential contracts to outfit-connected companies, including Melrose Park-based Advance Sales, run by Elmwood Park crew associate James Sarno and John Nitti, son of close Accardo/Cerone associate Nick Nitti, and CA-based Santa Fe Lighting, operated by Mario Rovetto, disgraced former Secretary-Treasurer of Chicago UTWA (textile workers) Local 200 who pled guilty to embezzling from the union in the 1980s. Public outcry over these allegations led to the Triton board firing DeMilio in 1990.

DeMilio's father Gilberto "James" DeMilio was a native of Trivigno, Potenza (hometown of Rocco DeGrazia and a very influential compaesano network in both Chicago and Melrose Park back in the day) and a relative by marriage of the Fanellis, who were from neighboring Laurenzana. He died when Peanuts DeMilio was an infant, but I believe that he was the same James DeMilio who was named as a suspect in an assault and attempted bombing of a gas station owner on the Far NW Side in 1933 (which would make sense, given that the Fanelli/BelCastro group during this time was notorious for their use of bombs).

Peanuts DeMilio's mother, Jennie Iuro (born in Chicago to parents from Dragoni, Caserta), remarried Pietro "Peter" Palumbo (hence Peanuts DeMilio using his stepfather's surname in some documents, going by James Palumbo). Peter Palumbo was born in Chicago in 1903 to Pietro Palumbo of Ricigliano, Salerno (another highly influential comune in Chicago and hometown of later Chicago member Alfonso Mitria, as well as families like the Serritellas, Prignanos, Bagnuolos, Pacellis, and Marzanos, among others, that were very prominent in the Taylor St community and its diaspora) and Lucia Baraglia of neighboring Baragiano, Potenza. A bartender at the old Imperial Club tavern on Taylor St, Peter Palumbo was arrested in a gambling raid in 1951 on a mob-connected tavern in North Suburban Desplaines (which may have been one of the joints run by Rocky Potenza). His older brothers, Vito and Donato "Tony" Palumbo operated a tavern on Harrison St, where they were involved in a fatal shooting in 1929, allegedly over a card game. Alex DeMilio, brother of Peanuts DeMilio's biological father, was the founder and longtime operator of Blackie's tavern, a South Loop landmark operating since 1939 at Polk and Clark and a one-time haunt of the "Rat Pack".

I believe that Pietro Palumbo was a cousin of Giuseppe "Joe" Palumbo, born around 1867 in Ricigliano. Joe Palumbo, who died in 1948, was the founder of the Palumbo Excavating Co., which grew into one of the largest road construction and tunnel excavation businesses in the state of IL (Saverio Palumbo, who died in 1969, was a very prominent man in Chicago Italian social institutions, such as Villa Scalabrini). His sons Antonio "Tony" and Saverio "Sam" Palumbo, both born in Ricigliano, helmed the company alongside their dad. In the 1930s, Tony Palumbo was also an official with the mobbed-up Trucking and Transportation Exchange (TNT), a consortium of "crooked union leaders and racketeers" organized by mafia associate Murray Humphreys that forced truck owners to join the consortium and then extorted membership dues from them, further using control of truck drivers and Teamsters locals to gain leverage over multiple Chicago industries including coal, cleaning and dying, commercial laundry, linen supply, and soft drinks sectors. Saverio Palumbo, who died in 1969, took over as President of Palumbo Excavation from his father. When he died in 1969, he was a highly prominent figure in the Italian community of Chicago and honored by institutions such as Villa Scalabrini. In the preceding decades, Palumbo Excavating had been awarded contracts for the construction of the State St Subway (today the CTA Red Line), multiple CHA housing projects, every expressway constructed in Chicagoland, O'Hare International Airport, and numerous other building and infrastructure projects. It would be hard to overstate just how big-time Palumbo Excavating was.

Upon Saverio's death, the firm was run by his sons, Sam Jr and Peter Anthony Palumbo. Under Peter Palumbo's tenure, Palumbo Excavating was hit with multiple investigations from the 1970s through the 1990s, for shenanigans including Federal bid-rigging charges, fraud, and bribery. The company was renamed Palumbo Bros by Peter and his sons Sebastian and Joseph, who also ran familial spin-off companies Monarch Paving and Orange Crush LLC. In 1999, Peter, Joseph, and Sebastian pled guilty to a decades-long pattern of fraud, admitting that they had scammed millions of dollars from public entities by systematically inflating the weight of construction materials for over 60 Chicagoland roadway projects for Palumbo Bros and Monarch and bribed IDOT officials to look the other way. Among other amusing stories that came out of this case was the account that when Palumbo Bros was supposed to have been working on the reconstruction of the Eisenhower Expressway in 1985, the company was, in fact, building a lake with an island and sand beach at Joseph Palumbo's sprawling South Barrington estate. In the period from 1989 to 1996 alone, the Palumbos had been awarded over $350 mil in contracts just from the State of IL, while raking in a ton of cash from projects from local municipalities. As part of the plea agreement for these charges, the Palumbos also admitted guilt in a separate case where they had defrauded hundreds of their workers of millions of dollars in overtime pay and had underpaid their contributions to the health funds of affiliated Teamsters and LIUNA locals.

The Trib reported in 2001 that, despite having been permanently banned by the Feds from working on any Federal or State construction projects, Joseph and Sebastian Palumbo had continued to acquire lucrative contracts while in Federal prison from multiple Chicagoland municipalities, including Desplaines, Lombard, and Rosemont, through Orange Crush. In 2020, the Sun-Times reported that Orange Crush had received $25 mil in contracts from Rosemont mayor Brad Stephens (son of mobbed-up former Rosemont mayor Don Stephens), to whose campaign coffers the Palumbos had also been major contributors. In the years since, it has been reported that the Palumbos have been contributing to the campaigns of multiple local and state officials while, of course, continuing to receive lucrative contracts for municipal construction projects.

You are also correct about Bruce Wasz and his mother Laura DeMilio Wasz, Peanuts' sister. They pled guilty in 2004 to leading a multistate, multimillion-dollar fencing ring of stolen home improvement goods sold online and operated via multiple pawn shops that they controlled in the city and burbs after two of the thieves working for them, Daniel Bonaguidi and Peter Giannopoulos, flipped and recorded Bruce Wasz while delivering stolen goods to him. Worth noting also that Laura Wasz was represented in this case by Alex Salerno, Bobby Salerno's son.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tony you really went above and beyond with the Deep Paulie Lore here, thanks for the info, very appreciated.

Really fascinating part here is the bit about the early online stolen goods store. That has become a big problem recently due to various factors such as the ease of making "popup storefronts" on Amazon and easing of criminal penalties for theft in many jurisdictions. The people at the tops of those rings usually make high six figures to low seven figures (google "Danny Drago the Medicine Man" for an extreme case).

We had a thread on this shit a while back actually: viewtopic.php?t=8536

OK now that I've seen all these familial things going on I'm even more curious as to how Paulie Jr. has gotten himself busted for assault more than once and, though again this is entirely speculation on my part, if it doesn't maybe involve his dad getting him involved in the Players or similarly wholesome father-son activities.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Great background as always PolackTony on Carparelli's in-laws. I'm told she's a cousin of Nick and Solly Cataudella as well - the Wasz family are also cousins as is Vito Scavo, Joe Fosco's old nemesis. There was a group of Cataudella cousins who pulled a similar eBay scam and were indicted.

You would think Paulie is not the most popular guy around right now. He's quite well-known, got a lot of these guys indicted by being sloppy - brought in the main informant himself (George Brown) and he seems to have clearly been on the outs with his wife's family, who include some notable people. I wonder if he's still around these guys or just a crash dummy.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:09 am Great background as always PolackTony on Carparelli's in-laws. I'm told she's a cousin of Nick and Solly Cataudella as well - the Wasz family are also cousins as is Vito Scavo, Joe Fosco's old nemesis. There was a group of Cataudella cousins who pulled a similar eBay scam and were indicted.

You would think Paulie is not the most popular guy around right now. He's quite well-known, got a lot of these guys indicted by being sloppy - brought in the main informant himself (George Brown) and he seems to have clearly been on the outs with his wife's family, who include some notable people. I wonder if he's still around these guys or just a crash dummy.
Paulie is still around a lot of these guys. He’s at Capri all the time in the company of Rudy Fratto, Chrissy Spina and obviously Gigi. He also hangs with Louie Rainone who he grew up with. I would say he is back in good graces. He definitely likes being a gangster and is willing to get his hands dirty so he’s not going anywhere unless he gets pinched.