General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:15 am
cavita wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:30 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:28 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:20 am Another possibility is that he was made in 89 with Solly D, but considering his status relative to DeLaurentis, Bellavia, etc. at the time, I'm not very confident in that scenario.
Agreed.
Is there any way he could have been made in prison?
Given how little we really know about how the Outfit makes guys, especially in the modern era, I would say....why not?

I find it really interesting that Voldpendesto insituated that Sarno was in talks to be boss as early as 2003. He clearly made A LOT of moves on the street between 1999 and 2003. You also read about how we was invested in a ton of businesses with Vena during that time, so he was a busy guy for sure.
The FBI described the Outfit leadership as "devastated" and in "disarray" following the indictments and convictions of the 90s. It wouldn't be out of the question for a younger, ambitious guy like Sarno to gain influence, especially if he had the backing of someone influential (like, say, Monteleone).
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:22 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:20 am Another possibility is that he was made in 89 with Solly D, but considering his status relative to DeLaurentis, Bellavia, etc. at the time, I'm not very confident in that scenario.
Agreed.
Given how little we really know about how the Outfit makes guys, especially in the modern era, I would say....why not?

I find it really interesting that Voldpendesto insituated that Sarno was in talks to be boss as early as 2003. He clearly made A LOT of moves on the street between 1999 and 2003. You also read about how we was invested in a ton of businesses with Vena during that time, so he was a busy guy for sure.
The FBI described the Outfit leadership as "devastated" and in "disarray" following the indictments and convictions of the 90s. It wouldn't be out of the question for a younger, ambitious guy like Sarno to gain influence, especially if he had the backing of someone influential (like, say, Monteleone).
Agreed, although I feel like the FBI always describes the mob that way. I do have to think that there was a contingent of older guys at that time (Monteleone? Difronzo? Andriacchi?), who were probably eager to have someone younger and hungrier take the reigns. Sarno was in his early to mid 40's at the time in question so certainly fit that bill.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:42 pm
Agreed.

Agreed, although I feel like the FBI always describes the mob that way. I do have to think that there was a contingent of older guys at that time (Monteleone? Difronzo? Andriacchi?), who were probably eager to have someone younger and hungrier take the reigns. Sarno was in his early to mid 40's at the time in question so certainly fit that bill.
True, but I don't think it was an exaggeration in this instance. In just 1990-1994 you had:

Accardo, Solano, and Jimmy LaPietra all dying
Carlisi, DiFronzo, Marcello, Infelise, Zizzo, D'Amico, and Toots Palermo all going to prison

That is an entire administration and essentially all of your captains turning over. I suppose DiFronzo would have had to make at least two guys at some point (Magnafichi and "Sponge" Scalise -- made according to Fosco), but I think it's very conceivable that nobody was made for several years until the leadership stabilized.

Don't think I've mentioned it here, but in 1993 an informant told the FBI that Chicago had "recently made" at least one new person (DiForti). Obviously, this informant was off by about 5 years, but maybe correct in one or more members being "recently made," just not DiForti.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Agreed.
Given how little we really know about how the Outfit makes guys, especially in the modern era, I say....why not? Wasn't he locked up for a while in the same prison as Delaurentis and Inendino? If so, they could have been plotting all kinds of stuff. It's one of the reasons I always felt like the ascension of Sarno invovled Solly D and Jimmy I more than most thought. They were tight, and all of their positions in the outfit rose substantially between 2005-2010. Just food for thought.

Where can I read about the businesses Sarno invested in along with Vena? Great information by the way.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:07 pm
Agreed.

True, but I don't think it was an exaggeration in this instance. In just 1990-1994 you had:

Carlisi, DiFronzo, Marcello, Infelise, Zizzo, D'Amico, and Toots Palermo all going to prison

That is an entire administration and essentially all of your captains turning over. I suppose DiFronzo would have had to make at least two guys at some point (Magnafichi and "Sponge" Scalise -- made according to Fosco), but I think it's very conceivable that nobody was made for several years until the leadership stabilized.

Don't think I've mentioned it here, but in 1993 an informant told the FBI that Chicago had "recently made" at least one new person (DiForti). Obviously, this informant was off by about 5 years, but maybe correct in one or more members being "recently made," just not DiForti.
Couldn't Vena hypothetically have been made in 1993? He was also out on the street and his name rarely comes up as a candidate in these ceremonies. If there were four living Chicago guys who were the 'last to be made' under the old Carlisi/Ferriola regime my guess is that it would be Sarno, Vena, Spina and Matassa right?

Is the conventional wisdom that some of the guys like Louis Rainone, LoBue and others allegedly involved in running things today were made under the Sarno regime?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Agreed.
Given how little we really know about how the Outfit makes guys, especially in the modern era, I say....why not? Wasn't he locked up for a while in the same prison as Delaurentis and Inendino? If so, they could have been plotting all kinds of stuff. It's one of the reasons I always felt like the ascension of Sarno invovled Solly D and Jimmy I more than most thought. They were tight, and all of their positions in the outfit rose substantially between 2005-2010. Just food for thought.

This is an interesting question i have never considered. We know in NY getting made in the can is absolutely a no no, i have not seen anything about the Outfit's stance on it, though one of the Archaeologists may have seen something on it.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:45 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:07 pm
Agreed.

Couldn't Vena hypothetically have been made in 1993? He was also out on the street and his name rarely comes up as a candidate in these ceremonies. If there were four living Chicago guys who were the 'last to be made' under the old Carlisi/Ferriola regime my guess is that it would be Sarno, Vena, Spina and Matassa right?

Is the conventional wisdom that some of the guys like Louis Rainone, LoBue and others allegedly involved in running things today were made under the Sarno regime?
Matassa was made with Nick C in 1983.I'd figure Sarno and Vena to be made fairly close to each other, but maybe Vena a little sooner if he had assumed a leadership role in the crew.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:45 am Is the conventional wisdom that some of the guys like Louis Rainone, LoBue and others allegedly involved in running things today were made under the Sarno regime?
The rumor is that Rainone and the other 12th Street Player types in Cicero were made by Sarno, while the LoBues were made more recently by Solly D and are very close to him.

This is all *alleged* and unproven mind you.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Hahaha wow holy shit -- it would be extremely amusing if the rumors are true and this guy is actually made.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/996544442229457
7digits
Associate

Post by 7digits »

Looking at the Michael Frontier affidavits it’s obvious that the Outfit is very active, very structured and doing the same exact things now that they’ve been doing for the last 100 years at least according to the FBI. Don’t know how anyone can argue with the FBI when they’re the main govt body assigned to investigate them
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

7digits wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:48 am Looking at the Michael Frontier affidavits it’s obvious that the Outfit is very active, very structured and doing the same exact things now that they’ve been doing for the last 100 years at least according to the FBI. Don’t know how anyone can argue with the FBI when they’re the main govt body assigned to investigate them
Yep. And that case is even centered around the crew that for the last 15 years everyone on the internet has said was “de-activated” and “extinct”. (Mostly because of Joe Foscos info).

One of the most interesting things about that case is the number of informants the FBI has in connection to the Elmwood Park crew. There are multiple, but this stands out….

CI-6, who has reliably claimed to be personally acquainted with numerous top members of the Chicago Outfit and to have participated in major criminal activities, has been providing reliable, trustworthy information to the FBI concerning the Chicago Outfit for more than 30 years, which has led to the identification and conviction of Chicago Outfit members; he/she has felony convictions and has been paid approximately $100,261 for information he/she provided

It’s notable that even with all of those informants, even focused on just one crew, all of the outfit cases over the last decade have not been able to indict any senior leaders or made members. (Maybe Panozzo but that’s up for debate). Whatever safeguards those guys use to insulate themselves are certainly working to some degree.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:23 pm Hahaha wow holy shit -- it would be extremely amusing if the rumors are true and this guy is actually made.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/996544442229457
His sunglasses are too big for his small face. How can he breathe through his nose? Its like closing his nostrils
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:59 am His sunglasses are too big for his small face. How can he breathe through his nose? Its like closing his nostrils
Yeah pretty much every single thing he says and does is ridiculous. :lol:
Coloboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:26 am It’s notable that even with all of those informants, even focused on just one crew, all of the outfit cases over the last decade have not been able to indict any senior leaders or made members. (Maybe Panozzo but that’s up for debate). Whatever safeguards those guys use to insulate themselves are certainly working to some degree.
Since Sarno they have done an excellent job for about a decade of flying under the radar and convincing the world that they're basically extinct except for some remnants here and there, but given the rumors that have proliferated for a couple years now about all the new members etc. I get the feeling that is starting to crack.
Richards_bar
Associate

Post by Richards_bar »

Ivan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:35 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:59 am His sunglasses are too big for his small face. How can he breathe through his nose? Its like closing his nostrils
Yeah pretty much every single thing he says and does is ridiculous. :lol:
Coloboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:26 am It’s notable that even with all of those informants, even focused on just one crew, all of the outfit cases over the last decade have not been able to indict any senior leaders or made members. (Maybe Panozzo but that’s up for debate). Whatever safeguards those guys use to insulate themselves are certainly working to some degree.
Since Sarno they have done an excellent job for about a decade of flying under the radar and convincing the world that they're basically extinct except for some remnants here and there, but given the rumors that have proliferated for a couple years now about all the new members etc. I get the feeling that is starting to crack.
I’ll save everyone some time and speculation. He’s not made.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is this the son of Cicero associate/rumored soldier Paul Carparelli, the kid with Tourette's?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.