General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:55 pm Apart from not having to pay taxes on their payouts, not even the people who I know who regularly play these sweepstakes machines can tell me exactly what they get out of it, as even they recognize that it’s at net always a losing proposition.
That's easy: Massive drug-like dopamine kick from winning when it does happen.

Take it from a former semi-pro blackjack player: When you win big, you feel like you are flying.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

cavita wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:50 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:44 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:12 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:14 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm
funkster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm Sounds like Bobby Dominic has more going on than we realized.
Yep. I was thinking the same thing. His name hardly comes up in any conversation. What a lot of people forget is these guys don’t retire. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made.

A 5 year old ( Jesus Christ...where does time go? Lol)
thread on this......

viewtopic.php?t=4061&hilit=Sweepstakes
Here is a picture of the ones in Richard’s, KOUCOS. These are all over the city. I mostly noticed these KOUCOS machines on grand Ave and on the north side like Lincoln Square and Albany Park. I also noticed them by me on Harlem and Belmont at a car wash. I posted that picture too. A lot of Arab liquor stores seem to have them. I thought Cassano supplied these but I guess I was wrong on that. I wonder how this connects with Gino Cassano’s machines, if there is any competition. I will say this, from the places I know Cassano supplies, Cassano’s machines seem to be a lot newer than these.

Who runs the machines in the other states? That’s a good question.
This is at Clark and Devon.... just shameless..lol...
Which reminds me that Dino's Bar is at Clark and Devon....do you know who owns that place?
A George S. owns it. Not sure of the last name. Definitely Greek though
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:08 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:55 pm Apart from not having to pay taxes on their payouts, not even the people who I know who regularly play these sweepstakes machines can tell me exactly what they get out of it, as even they recognize that it’s at net always a losing proposition.
That's easy: Massive drug-like dopamine kick from winning when it does happen.

Take it from a former semi-pro blackjack player: When you win big, you feel like you are flying.
Oh of course, just the people I know in my family who play these garbage machines don’t want to admit that lol

Dopamine fix aside, however, I’d bet that there tends to be some big personality differences between semi-pro blackjack player in Vegas and some dude who sits around playing video slots in the back room of a gas station in Chicago.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:32 pm Dopamine fix aside, however, I’d bet that there tends to be some big personality differences between semi-pro blackjack player in Vegas and some dude who sits around playing video slots in the back room of a gas station in Chicago.
Oh I did both, believe me (though not in Chicago). I'm guessing the difference is I'm just smarter and more devious.

Anyway the gambling dopamine kick is really something. Hard to explain, but it's not like the feeling you get from winning some video game or whatever. Way more intense. Probably only happens to people whose brains are wired a certain way.

Should also throw in that it's just fun, or can be, even if you don't win.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:27 pm What is the draw with these sweepstakes machines? I do not see it. I am naive to the idea of gambling either.
*not naive... I been known to play during football season
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I’ll have to check which machines they are, but the gas stations at grand and Ashland are full of them. Loop liquor at Ashland and Chicago has a bunch too where all the neighborhood drunks go and play them lol
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

They have similar things down in Elvis Country (but may also be up north). Fishing games, sweepstakes, etc. They get through the gambling loophole by claiming that they are "games of skill" but these places are always in the seediest looking buildings in the worst parts of town.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:15 pm They have similar things down in Elvis Country (but may also be up north). Fishing games, sweepstakes, etc. They get through the gambling loophole by claiming that they are "games of skill" but these places are always in the seediest looking buildings in the worst parts of town.
Ronnie Carrabbia Jr. (son of Danny Greene-slaying Cleveland Mafia remnant Ronnie the Crab) would run these in Florida in the 2010s. Don't know if he's still up to it. The articles about it are funny. Old retirees LOVE this shit. :lol:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/new ... 179187007/

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/new ... 216495007/
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm Sounds like Bobby Dominic has more going on than we realized.
Yep. I was thinking the same thing. His name hardly comes up in any conversation. What a lot of people forget is these guys don’t retire. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made.
I would say at this point the educated guess would say you're right. I would not be surprised either.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:59 am I haven't looked into their heritage myself (calling Tony), but Schiro is a heavily Arberesh name so I'm sure they're right his family was from Piana dei Greci or one of the other Arberesh / Albanian colonies in Sicily. Bonanno boss Nicolo Schiro was an Arberesh from Roccamena / Camporeale and Bonanno capodecina Tony Canzoneri's mother was an Arberesh Schiro from Palazzo Adriano.

Many Arbereshe from towns like Piana dei Greci, Palazzo Adriano, and others were made into the Sicilian and American mafia so Albanian blood wasn't a barrier to membership at least not after a generation or two. I don't think Paul Schiro was a member that we know of, though, right?
people from Piana degli Albanesi, Palazzo Adriano and some other towns are considered 100% italians that's because they can made into Cosa Nostra, a modern albanian like John Alite can't be made
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

funkster wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:18 pm
I would say at this point the educated guess would say you're right. I would not be surprised either.
There is a thread going on this guy Dominic on another forum:

Apparently, his sister who is listed as a co-owner of this disputed property is married to the grandson of Abe Silverstein who was the founder of Harlem Globetrotters and they own quite a bit of real estate throughout the city as they are quite wealthy.

Richards Bar is apparently an homage to Richard Dominic (late brother of Bobby) who was an associate of Mike Posner. The bar was originally called Tishner's Tavern and owned by Vern Tishner, a well-known female bookmaker. Its owned by Susan Dominic and the wife of Mike Posner (Florence) on paper.

Bobby Dominic was running a pawnshop at Kimball and Fullerton in the Logan Square neighborhood up until a few years ago - that building owner is also Florence Posner. Posner's son also worked there, but Bobby Dominic seemed to be in charge.

Bobby Dominic stopped going to Richards after a kid was murdered outside (unrelated to Outfit).

The Dominics are a wealthy family with a lot of business interests. Richards hasn't been a 'mob place' since the 1990s.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:51 pm

Apparently, his sister who is listed as a co-owner of this disputed property is married to the grandson of Abe Silverstein who was the founder of Harlem Globetrotters and they own quite a bit of real estate throughout the city as they are quite wealthy.

Richards Bar is apparently an homage to Richard Dominic (late brother of Bobby) who was an associate of Mike Posner. The bar was originally called Tishner's Tavern and owned by Vern Tishner, a well-known female bookmaker. Its owned by Susan Dominic and the wife of Mike Posner (Florence) on paper.

Bobby Dominic was running a pawnshop at Kimball and Fullerton in the Logan Square neighborhood up until a few years ago - that building owner is also Florence Posner. Posner's son also worked there, but Bobby Dominic seemed to be in charge.

Bobby Dominic stopped going to Richards after a kid was murdered outside (unrelated to Outfit).

The Dominics are a wealthy family with a lot of business interests. Richards hasn't been a 'mob place' since the 1990s.
I have seen him at Richard’s since that killing. He is usually out of there by 8pm. It’s been a little bit since I been there so maybe he has stopped. I knew him and Posner were close. Dominic came up under him. Richards was a mob hangout up until 10 or so years ago. Vena and Dominic were always there. Vena is never there supposedly now. Did not know about the pawnshop. What forum did you get this info on?

Also, I have heard Terry Scalise, no relation to Jerry, is a big player now in th Chinatown crew. Was one of Michael Talerico’s guys and is now running a big operation. Terry is from Bridgeport.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:42 pm

I have seen him at Richard’s since that killing. He is usually out of there by 8pm. It’s been a little bit since I been there so maybe he has stopped. I knew him and Posner were close. Dominic came up under him. Richards was a mob hangout up until 10 or so years ago. Vena and Dominic were always there. Vena is never there supposedly now. Did not know about the pawnshop. What forum did you get this info on?

Also, I have heard Terry Scalise, no relation to Jerry, is a big player now in th Chinatown crew. Was one of Michael Talerico’s guys and is now running a big operation. Terry is from Bridgeport.
I drove past there about a month ago and he was standing in the doorway, he definitely still goes there. It's certainly no Outfit hangout anymore as i'm sure it's too well publicized. People all over the neighborhood know it as a "mob bar".

My guess is he's talking about gangsterbb

Edit: Maybe not, dont see anything on there. Did come across a thread on EP from ChiTown, looks like hes back to posting on there.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:22 pm

I drove past there about a month ago and he was standing in the doorway, he definitely still goes there. It's certainly no Outfit hangout anymore as i'm sure it's too well publicized. People all over the neighborhood know it as a "mob bar".

My guess is he's talking about gangsterbb

Edit: Maybe not, dont see anything on there. Did come across a thread on EP from ChiTown, looks like hes back to posting on there.
I know the workers there have harassed by the Feds about Bobby so the Feds obviously think he has some type of stature in the Outfit.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Terry went away with the Calabrese crew in the '90s. I'd see him around the club once in awhile after he got out.