General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cavita
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:00 pm
cavita wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:30 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:26 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:55 am Thanks for posting. Amazing headline lol. Also, the “your Honor, my client is clearly an idiot” defense.

Anyone know anything more about this DeMarco?
Besides being close with Bobby Dominic, he is also very close with Tony Dote. I believe he answers to Tony Dote.
I have to wonder if he's related to Mario DeMarco who is/was involved with the Elmwood Park Crew
I know his father was involved. What age is Mario DeMarco?
Not sure but if I had to guess, late 70s?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Sounds like Bobby Dominic has more going on than we realized.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm Sounds like Bobby Dominic has more going on than we realized.
Yep. I was thinking the same thing. His name hardly comes up in any conversation. What a lot of people forget is these guys don’t retire. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm
funkster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm Sounds like Bobby Dominic has more going on than we realized.
Yep. I was thinking the same thing. His name hardly comes up in any conversation. What a lot of people forget is these guys don’t retire. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was made.
A 5 year old ( Jesus Christ...where does time go? Lol)
thread on this......

viewtopic.php?t=4061&hilit=Sweepstakes
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:26 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:55 am Thanks for posting. Amazing headline lol. Also, the “your Honor, my client is clearly an idiot” defense.

Anyone know anything more about this DeMarco?
Besides being close with Bobby Dominic, he is also very close with Tony Dote. I believe he answers to Tony Dote.
Clearly, being on Facebook and having time to file a lawsuit against 20+ females has to be against some type of protocol or standards, jesus... whoever he answers to, either doesn't talk to him or does not want to. Then he is his own attorney...
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:14 pm

thread on this......

Here is a picture of the ones in Richard’s, KOUCOS. These are all over the city. I mostly noticed these KOUCOS machines on grand Ave and on the north side like Lincoln Square and Albany Park. I also noticed them by me on Harlem and Belmont at a car wash. I posted that picture too. A lot of Arab liquor stores seem to have them. I thought Cassano supplied these but I guess I was wrong on that. I wonder how this connects with Gino Cassano’s machines, if there is any competition. I will say this, from the places I know Cassano supplies, Cassano’s machines seem to be a lot newer than these.

Who runs the machines in the other states? That’s a good question.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:12 am

thread on this......

Here is a picture of the ones in Richard’s, KOUCOS. These are all over the city. I mostly noticed these KOUCOS machines on grand Ave and on the north side like Lincoln Square and Albany Park. I also noticed them by me on Harlem and Belmont at a car wash. I posted that picture too. A lot of Arab liquor stores seem to have them. I thought Cassano supplied these but I guess I was wrong on that. I wonder how this connects with Gino Cassano’s machines, if there is any competition. I will say this, from the places I know Cassano supplies, Cassano’s machines seem to be a lot newer than these.

This is at Clark and Devon.... just shameless..lol...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:44 am

thread on this......

Which reminds me that Dino's Bar is at Clark and Devon....do you know who owns that place?
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

This Nikko D'Ambrosio guy basically ratted on his cousin the tax preparer, I’m sure that’s not going to win him any brownie points.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

What is the draw with these sweepstakes machines? I do not see it. I am naive to the idea of gambling either.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Not sure if you are asking about the appeal of these machines to customers or to those who own and/or operate them.

They’re just like any other video slots, so far as I know, but they have been able to circumvent local video gambling laws in important ways. Due to loopholes in IL and Chicago gambling laws, sweepstakes machines don’t technically count as “video gambling”, due to the fact that they don’t use money bets but rather tokens. The argument used by these companies has essentially been “hey, this ain’t gamblin’, it’s basically Chuckie Cheese”. Except the tokens are then exchanged for cash by the business housing/operating the machine. Now, because of this, there are no taxes paid on sweepstakes winning, unlike directly cash bet based video gambling. And, while video gambling is banned in Chicago (hence the inner-ring suburbs today being totally infested with gaming parlors), the sweepstakes machines,
not being considered “video gambling” under the definition State law, can operate within the limits of the City of Chicago. These machines are thus to be found all over the City in bars, restaurants, gas stations/car washes, corner/liquor stores, etc, as Patrick posted. Huge market of totally untaxed but totally legal gambling income to be split by the business and the owner/distributor.

Now for the users. Apart from not having to pay taxes on their payouts, not even the people who I know who regularly play these sweepstakes machines can tell me exactly what they get out of it, as even they recognize that it’s at net always a losing proposition.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

thread on this......

Chicago keeping it classy lol.

It’s been really apparent in recent years when I go back just how much video gambling, whether “sweepstakes” or cash, has taken over across the city and burbs.

Tangential, but I’m right in that area a lot when I go back to Chicago, as I have family around Edgewater and RP (from the Pole to the Jungle lol). Many years back, also I lived for a while by the Morse Red Line stop.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

thread on this......

Yeah these Koucos machines been around for years. There used to be this joint on Bloomingdale and Harlem that was full of them, think that place closed now.

No clue who is involved with these, though if they’re in Richard’s too you’d think this would point to Bobby D, obviously. Though it could also be the case that several different concerns acquired some of the same machines and then distributed them in different territories.

I’ve tried looking up “Koucos Kiosks” and the only thing that comes up is “consultant” O’Shea Jackson over here:

NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:34 pm

thread on this......

It’s been really apparent in recent years when I go back just how much video gambling, whether “sweepstakes” or cash, has taken over across the city and burbs.

Tangential, but I’m right in that area a lot when I go back to Chicago, as I have family around Edgewater and RP (from the Pole to the Jungle lol). Many years back, also I lived for a while by the Morse Red Line stop.
You ever eat at Antos? Good spot
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:34 pm

thread on this......

You ever eat at Antos? Good spot
No, though I’ve heard good things. They didn’t have nice places like this on Jarvis back when I lived around there (it was a great place to get jumped and robbed coming off the Red Line, however). Owner Tony Barbanente previously ran the late, great Via Veneto on Lincoln, a classic Northside Italian joint, though, so I know his work. Apparently at Anto’s, Barbanente serves his pasta in paper cones because that’s how they used to do it to take it to work in Bari back in the day?