Making Ceremony Held By Angelo Bruno At Wedding

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Making Ceremony Held By Angelo Bruno At Wedding

Post by chin_gigante »

antimafia wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:31 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:32 am
B. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 am
His nickname "Tee-vee" is phonetically close to "Kiva" (ph). He was included as a member on a Congressional chart in 1983 when Scarfo was boss so it isn't just the 1960s FBI lists where he appears.
Veniero was also listed as a dead member in the Pennsylvania Crime Commission 1990 report. I think that's quite a strong identification.
Was "Tee-vee" his nickname, his initials, or both?
I think both, it would make sense anyway
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

LCNBios posted that a 1973 source claimed Napoli and DiNorscio were the last two members made into the Philly Family before the books reopened in the 1970s.

This can't be 100% right as Philly at least made Rugnetta after these guys but it at least tells us DiNorscio was one of those made in the 1960s, maybe in the same ceremony as Napoli.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:38 am
antimafia wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:31 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:32 am
B. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 am
His nickname "Tee-vee" is phonetically close to "Kiva" (ph). He was included as a member on a Congressional chart in 1983 when Scarfo was boss so it isn't just the 1960s FBI lists where he appears.
Veniero was also listed as a dead member in the Pennsylvania Crime Commission 1990 report. I think that's quite a strong identification.
Was "Tee-vee" his nickname, his initials, or both?
I think both, it would make sense anyway
Understood -- thanks.

Do you or others know whether the murder victim Antonio "Tony Tash" Veniero who was killed in 1968 is related to the Tony Veniero discussed in this thread? The cold case was finally solved in 1985.

See https://www.sun-sentinel.com/1985/07/03 ... ars-later/.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Charles "Blackie" Luciano doesn't look to be a brother of Louie but he's hard to find information on especially because most searches just turn up Salvatore "Charles" Luciano. Louie's father was Albert and also used the spellings Luciana and Luciani. It looks like Albert did have at least four sons which plays into the recording of the Philly members thinking he had a bunch of brothers.

In 1971, Blackie was arrested as a material witness in the murder of Gerald Ladalardo who was allegedly killed by future Gambino and Colombo members Sammy Corsaro and Ray Cagno during a robbery. Blackie was listed as 31-years-old and living on Poplar Avenue in Mountainside. A Charles Luciano born 1937 who lived on Poplar Ave in Mountainside died in 1999 which must be him although the age is a couple years off from the newspaper article and his obituary says he only moved to Mountainside in 1990. This Charles Luciano had a father who looks to have used the Luciana spelling like Louie's father did on one record and interestingly he was born in Philly.

As mentioned, John Alite knew Blackie Luciano and claims he was related to Charlie Lucky Luciano but I'm sure that's bullshit.

Maybe Joel can sort it out.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

That Senate report says Martirano was a first cousin of Tino Fiumara but their relationship had been strained since the 1970s. Can this be substantiated?

Pasquale Martirano's maternal grandmother was a Cifelli and he was closely associated with at least two Cifellis. One was obviously Turk Cifelli and the two were associated since at least the early 1970s when they were linked to a union scam together but it likely goes back much earlier. The other was associate Alan Cifelli who was Martirano's godson. Another Philly associate in Newark was Angelo Cifelli who I assume was connected to one or both of the others and when Martirano's grandparents came to the US they were heading to his great-uncle also named Angelo Cifelli. Today a family of Cifellis live at Martirano's former home.

According to an online database Tino Fiumara is related to the Cifelli name as well but I'm not sure the details. He started as a Philly Family associate before being released to the Genovese Family by John Simone after the triple murder of the Colluccis and Martella.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:55 pm That Senate report says Martirano was a first cousin of Tino Fiumara but their relationship had been strained since the 1970s. Can this be substantiated?

Pasquale Martirano's maternal grandmother was a Cifelli and he was closely associated with at least two Cifellis. One was obviously Turk Cifelli and the two were associated since at least the early 1970s when they were linked to a union scam together but it likely goes back much earlier. The other was associate Alan Cifelli who was Martirano's godson. Another Philly associate in Newark was Angelo Cifelli who I assume was connected to one or both of the others and when Martirano's grandparents came to the US they were heading to his great-uncle also named Angelo Cifelli. Today a family of Cifellis live at Martirano's former home.

According to an online database Tino Fiumara is related to the Cifelli name as well but I'm not sure the details. He started as a Philly Family associate before being released to the Genovese Family by John Simone after the triple murder of the Colluccis and Martella.
Martirano and Fiumara were actually second cousins.

Tino Fiumara’s mother, Tessie Forte, was born in Castelpetroso; today in Isernia, Molise, but at the time, in Campobasso. Her mother was Angela Serafina Cifelli of Castelpetroso.

Pasquale Martirano’s mother, Raffaela Simone, was also from Castelpetroso. Her mother, Cesina Filomena Cifelli, was a sister of Angela Serafina.

The father of Nicholas “Turk” Cifelli, Nicola Cifelli, was also from Castelpetroso. Nicola was probably a cousin of Fiumara and Martirano’s grandmothers, but I’m not sure if he was a close or distant cousin.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There you go. Thanks, Tony.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

B. wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:22 pm They seem to say they had another member at one point who lived where Tony Caponigro lives then go into the Salerno situation. The original context seems to be that just like they had two members in Trenton, they once had another member in Newark aside from Caponigro. Could be John Cappello Sr. who once lived there.
I think this was Anthony Perella

He was made in 1950 and was in Frank “Cheech” Barrale’s Vineland crew but lived in the Newark area as late as Jan 1954.

In 1950, he was living at 227 N 15th St, Bloomfield, NJ. This was the same block as Nicola Schiro and Salvatore Grippi (265 N 15th St, Bloomfield, NJ)

In 1943, he was arrested for ration stamps. Though he was living at 169 N 12th St, Newark, NJ, his tailor shop/ration headquarters was at 293 1st Ave, Newark, NJ. This was next door to Salvatore and Frances Accardi (283 1st Ave, Newark, NJ), parents of Sam Accardi who was a massive figure in that racket.

He was back in Vineland by ~1956
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 am Supposedly Phil Abramo of the DeCavalcantes is Jewish-Italian. The name definitely is.

Did anyone aside from Steve Lenehan under his online "Picasso" persona say Verniero couldn't be made because he was half Jewish? There is still a lot of NJ info that comes downstream of things he said on the Real Deal so I just want to make sure he isn't the only source.

Phil Abramo is def Jewish italian , his lawyer even told a judge how he was beaten up as a youth for being jewish so he enorolled in a catholic school
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo