Activity in Manhatten

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Activity in Manhatten

Post by TommyNoto »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 am I bet theres still made guys who own parts of bars and restaurants all over Manhattan.
Manhattan is the epicenter of NYC so as long as there are mob guys in NYC there will be mob guys in Manhattan. Quick examples before I have to get back to work are Joe DeSena out of Caffe Napoli on Hester and Louie Eggs out of the Cafetal social club on Mott. Manhattan has changed drastically but there is so much money there you could never keep the mob guys away. All 6 families that operate around here have guys in Manhattan

Lou is a very interesting guy and was a huge earner and probably the man now with Abramo out. I believe he has always been Little Italy based with his right hand man Rago. Him and Abramo might be some of the top guys in that family now.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Is rago still his right hand man?
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

a lot of restaruants on the east side from 60-80sts are controlled by a couple of crews from the lukes and gambino families. a lot pf non union construction these days and its no coincidence that the mob was all but pushed out of the unions excluding concrete which for some reason operates like a parole board.. cava construction is genovese owned. there hooks are all through jds developement co. plus many many more
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

There used to be actual Italian neighborhoods in Manhattan. Heck, not just neighborhoods, entire sections. There's probably a social club on every block in Staten Island.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

joerock wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:37 pm Is rago still his right hand man?
I don’t know but they were apparently very close before they went away and did work together

A decav update would be great as it’s pretty dark with them. They have guys out of prison that were big earners. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a sizeable construction crew(s) out there.

Union and middlesex counties are big $ so they could have a few some nice gambling packages to live off as well.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Yeah they used to own clubs in Manhattan together, they been keeping quite as of late nobody even knows who the boss is which is how it should be
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:46 am Since East Harlem is in Manhattan, my impression is that there are still some low key guys in the neighborhood. Obviously you have Rao's, and some of the brownstones around Pleasant Ave are still occupied by old Italian families. When I lived on Pleasant about 10 years back I definitely saw guys who played the part coming and going.
That must’ve been interesting.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:59 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:46 am Since East Harlem is in Manhattan, my impression is that there are still some low key guys in the neighborhood. Obviously you have Rao's, and some of the brownstones around Pleasant Ave are still occupied by old Italian families. When I lived on Pleasant about 10 years back I definitely saw guys who played the part coming and going.
East Harlem is still a bit active. Nothing like the past but there’s a daily presence.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

I like sitting on those benches next to raos parking and smoke while waiting k
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

sharpieone wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:13 am
CornerBoy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:59 am
East Harlem is still a bit active. Nothing like the past but there’s a daily presence.
Yes. From what I understand there are still some guys that hang out there, though of course they no longer live in the area.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

The surveillance picture of Mikey DeSantis during 2020 was taken at Jefferson park in East Harlem
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Do you guys think Manhattan is that much different from Brooklyn or Staten Island? I am trying to figure out whether it's just people being pushed out to some other area or the phenomenon changing and disappearing altogheter