Activity in Manhatten

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Activity in Manhatten

Post by AnIrishGuy »

Wondering what the current picture in terms of active crews in Manhattan. We know that a big feature of the gentrification of LCN in recent decades has seen activity move more to the boroughs and associated suburbs - is anything happening in the city nowadays?
AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Re: Activity in Manhatten

Post by AnIrishGuy »

Also apologies to all for misspelling Manhattan in the thread title **facepalm**
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

tons of money in Manhattan. So every family has guys doing construction projects there. Doesn't mean the company's are head quarters in Manhattan just the sites are there. Do they hang out and have drinks after work or look at blue prints. That guy who heads the luchese family actually worked in construction so they might be actually out bidding jobs and what not. The days of gotti and chin sitting in a social club all night are gone
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I bet theres still made guys who own parts of bars and restaurants all over Manhattan.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Isn't the old joe butch corrao crew still operating out there
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Since East Harlem is in Manhattan, my impression is that there are still some low key guys in the neighborhood. Obviously you have Rao's, and some of the brownstones around Pleasant Ave are still occupied by old Italian families. When I lived on Pleasant about 10 years back I definitely saw guys who played the part coming and going.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

According to charts on this board you got 10-12 crews that are operating on some capacity in Manhattan. You got plenty of guys that still own bars, caffes, restaurants and even social clubs on Manhattan. There is stil plenty of activity going on even if you lack the enclaves in Harlem and little italy like the old days.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pmac2 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 am I bet theres still made guys who own parts of bars and restaurants all over Manhattan.
Manhattan is the epicenter of NYC so as long as there are mob guys in NYC there will be mob guys in Manhattan. Quick examples before I have to get back to work are Joe DeSena out of Caffe Napoli on Hester and Louie Eggs out of the Cafetal social club on Mott. Manhattan has changed drastically but there is so much money there you could never keep the mob guys away. All 6 families that operate around here have guys in Manhattan
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Too much money in Manhattan, in various forms, for the mob not to be there. Seems the Genovese family has always had the largest presence.
All roads lead to New York.
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

Bonanno's make cocaine deal in Manhattan gelato shop in 2017: https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-cit ... p-feds-say
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 am I bet theres still made guys who own parts of bars and restaurants all over Manhattan.
Manhattan is the epicenter of NYC so as long as there are mob guys in NYC there will be mob guys in Manhattan. Quick examples before I have to get back to work are Joe DeSena out of Caffe Napoli on Hester and Louie Eggs out of the Cafetal social club on Mott. Manhattan has changed drastically but there is so much money there you could never keep the mob guys away. All 6 families that operate around here have guys in Manhattan
It’s really hard to picture Louie Eggs operating out of Cafetal Social Club. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying that that it’s really hard to picture someone like Louie Eggs operating out of that place down on Mott St.
Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

Which one is 6th?😱
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

Jimmy Napoli wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:23 pm
Which one is 6th?😱
Decavs. Louie eggs consalvo is a decav.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:10 pm It’s really hard to picture Louie Eggs operating out of Cafetal Social Club. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying that that it’s really hard to picture someone like Louie Eggs operating out of that place down on Mott St.
It's not like a ravenite scenario where there's 15 guys hanging out doing walk talks parading around in armani suits....it's a real business anyone can walk in and order a panini or coffee but he's there pretty often and people know that's where they can get him if they need him.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:14 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:10 pm It’s really hard to picture Louie Eggs operating out of Cafetal Social Club. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying that that it’s really hard to picture someone like Louie Eggs operating out of that place down on Mott St.
It's not like a ravenite scenario where there's 15 guys hanging out doing walk talks parading around in armani suits....it's a real business anyone can walk in and order a panini or coffee but he's there pretty often and people know that's where they can get him if they need him.
Yeah I knew it wasnt a private club and that it was actually a Breakfast, Lunch and early Supper joint that anyone can walk into. I dont know, for some reason I just cant picture Louie Eggs hanging there but I certainly believe you. Nothing makes sense anymore in the year 2020........