Made members working

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Made members working

Post by Tonyd621 »

Here is an article I found some years about made guys with college degrees make more money, I guess.

https://qz.com/728613/wiseguys-mobsters ... mafia-pals
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Tought Tony Federici a genovese capo was the owner of Park Side restaurant,Vincent Basciano owned a Bronx beauty salon called "Hello Gorgeous".
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

I remember Pennisi stating that he met with some Genovese guys while they were working or right after they had worked. Think he stated construction.

Another example is John Ciancaglini operating a lottery stand. He would meet with guys and It was under his wife’s name but he would still work.

https://af11.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/p ... tto-stand/
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

That's what I saying you put in 30yrs in say the carpenters union so that means starring in early 20tys your out in early 50tys. I'm guessing with the high rates in NYC it's 5 6 k a month pension never mind all the annuity you made in those years million or 2. I would have thought there be a few made guys in there. They also controlled the business agents forever they hire the carpenter's. I'm sure the genovese owning the javits center had a few. I mean there's plenty of plumbers electricians. Pennisi said he was in the laborers who make farless then carpenter's. There been a ton of bus drivers. Easy gig pension and annuity again. I remember the genovese had a union roofer. Guy was jacked. He was I think the business agent to. He got like 20yrs. Pretty sure he was a made guy
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

The Caruanas and Cuntreras actually got their start in Canada as barbers and plowing snow.
LarryC
Straightened out

Post by LarryC »

In Sicily, many own legit trucking and construction businesses and yeah, they work all day. Caruana and Cuntrera families , for one.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It is the norm for most mafia members throughout its history to work in legitimate trades, hold jobs, own businesses (not "fronts"), and even be accomplished professionals.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Todaro Sr. encouraged legitimate employment from what I understand Local 210 and associated construction companies, the Sewer Authority in Buffalo, and Fire Department, were favorite areas for the mob to help its members and associates gain legitimate employment. Capo Joseph Albano was appointed by Mario Cuomo to the Western New York Economic Development Corp., a unit of the state Urban Development Corp. Alleged associate/member Michael Masecchia was a teacher in Buffalo city schools... just a few examples.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

furiofromnaples wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:59 am Tought Tony Federici a genovese capo was the owner of Park Side restaurant,Vincent Basciano owned a Bronx beauty salon called "Hello Gorgeous".
I think George from Canada had a jewelry store in The Bronx...
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

If I'm remembering correctly, D'Arco in his book mentioned a member who retired from the US Postal Service and was collecting a pension, apparently he was very proud of it. Can't recall the name but I want to say it was the son of a more well-known member.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:05 pm If I'm remembering correctly, D'Arco in his book mentioned a member who retired from the US Postal Service and was collecting a pension, apparently he was very proud of it. Can't recall the name but I want to say it was the son of a more well-known member.
Fu Curiale
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

“If you can’t get your friends jobs, what’s the point of attaining success”
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:48 am Just watched Penisi viewers questions video...

Was shocked to hear "most members penisi knew have LEGAL jobs to explain income"

I gotta ASSUME that he was more implying the ASSOCIATES ....?

I just cant see MADE MEMBERS actually punching a clock.... I cant even hold a legal 9-5 how tf is frank camuso punching a clock 😂 😂

Im hoping he was including the "most members" means that they own businesses and work em that way...?

How many members can we think of with real legit jobs
I'm surprised you find this to be surprising? It's the mob of 2023, not the 1980s.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

A lot of the Detroit guys own restaurants or food/produce companies. Toccos had a linen service forever and real estate developments. Lapiana is ridiculously wealthy after selling his health insurance company for like $50 million.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Etna wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:02 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:48 am Just watched Penisi viewers questions video...

Was shocked to hear "most members penisi knew have LEGAL jobs to explain income"

I gotta ASSUME that he was more implying the ASSOCIATES ....?

I just cant see MADE MEMBERS actually punching a clock.... I cant even hold a legal 9-5 how tf is frank camuso punching a clock 😂 😂

Im hoping he was including the "most members" means that they own businesses and work em that way...?

How many members can we think of with real legit jobs
I'm surprised you find this to be surprising? It's the mob of 2023, not the 1980s.
Legal can be a lot of things. It doesn't mean a mob guy is assistant manager over the swing shift at Walmart.
All roads lead to New York.