Made members working

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Made members working

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Just watched Penisi viewers questions video...

Was shocked to hear "most members penisi knew have LEGAL jobs to explain income"

I gotta ASSUME that he was more implying the ASSOCIATES ....?

I just cant see MADE MEMBERS actually punching a clock.... I cant even hold a legal 9-5 how tf is frank camuso punching a clock 😂 😂

Im hoping he was including the "most members" means that they own businesses and work em that way...?

How many members can we think of with real legit jobs
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Made members working

Post by JohnnyS »

Gambino soldier Carmen Martucci works as a plumber.

https://www.instagram.com/martucci.carmen/?hl=en
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

I doubt it’s everyone but a few guys I know of in the Bronx worked (and might still work) in trades, at car dealerships, own jewelry stores. Others are silent partners in things and still show up to do actual work.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

This isn't the 90's anymore. Wiseguys aren't spending their days in social clubs playing cards and smoking. Most of them have legit jobs/businesses. It's smart to show legal income.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I think there's also a difference between made guys who "own" their own business and those that work at a business owned by someone else.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Plenty of Westside made guys have regular jobs. Penisi and Hootie talked about this during a video they did a couple years ago. I think Tom asked Hootie when he first realized the Westside operated differently than everyone else. Hootie told the story about feeling like a sucker because he showed up to a job site to pick up a no-show check and he saw a Genovese captain in work boots, covered in cement, busting his ass. Hootie thought he was hot shit for getting a no show check until he saw a Westside captain working his ass off. Then he asked someone about it and was told Westside guys were encouraged to get up and go to work everyday.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

More made guys working 9-5 right now than ever before. It’s the smart move.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

What’s that life really about then? Why do people join? The easy answer is the money but there’s more to it than that clearly. I say that because of the fact that so many are working 9 to 5
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:50 pm What’s that life really about then? Why do people join? The easy answer is the money but there’s more to it than that clearly. I say that because of the fact that so many are working 9 to 5
It’s a culture, a way of life.

No one loses respect because they work. If you end up in court it looks a lot better when you can prove you have a job and the feds can’t say you sit in social clubs and restaurants all day.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

What Penisi said is totally believable. There aren't any social clubs anymore full of young guys. These guys meet and socialize at cafes and restaurants but you can't hang there 9-5, 5 days a week unless it's your families.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

The majority are not working 9-5 like the average Joe
Most own there own business and they may be there a lot of the time but they are definitely not killings themselves
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Never heard of a made guy who was a carpenter. I mean there had to be one rite? Like a union carpenter foreman who knows his shit and all he does is tell other carpenters what there assignment for the day is. I mean some foreman don't lift a finger. They worked hard to get there.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Anthony Seccafico was whacked while waiting for an express bus at 4 a.m. to go to his construction job.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:57 pm Plenty of Westside made guys have regular jobs. Penisi and Hootie talked about this during a video they did a couple years ago. I think Tom asked Hootie when he first realized the Westside operated differently than everyone else. Hootie told the story about feeling like a sucker because he showed up to a job site to pick up a no-show check and he saw a Genovese captain in work boots, covered in cement, busting his ass. Hootie thought he was hot shit for getting a no show check until he saw a Westside captain working his ass off. Then he asked someone about it and was told Westside guys were encouraged to get up and go to work everyday.
Pretty sure it was Ciro Perrone he was talking about...
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

back in the day guys were getting busted for having money and no job
having or showing a job is by far the best way
also insurance and a pension is covered if you get a job like ......