General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:10 pm
funkster wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:05 pm See he's arguing with some other people in the threads, man you've got some goofballs in those comments that have no idea what the hell theyre talking about. Good lord i see Ross Stanger found you too. Another lunatic.
Yeah they’re all coming out the woodwork now. Boka, Stanger, Wemette — it’s like a Chicago outfit “expert” goofball hat trick. Unfortunately, Chicago brings out the weirdos like nothing else.
Good thing is these are either buried pretty deeply in the comments or get little to no reaction.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:11 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:25 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:13 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:23 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:19 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:25 pm BokaBreeze, aka “MarcBasil”, aka “ComeBackLucy”, etc etc has now discovered our TMA Chicago episodes, which I’m sure gave him a conniption fit. Along with his usual Giancana worship, he’s also spouting all his old stuff about how the Commission, which consists of the bosses of every extant Family in the US, still meets regularly in FL, in person, all together.
Which post on Reddit is he commenting on? I can’t seem to find him
You should do a brief episode just on things to antagonize him...
We already said that Giancana wasn’t boss after ‘66, which caused a meltdown for him I’m sure, as he is literally in love with Giancana (says things like he was one of the most feared and respected men in the whole WORLD, etc).
I tried to engage in a conversation with him. Someone had a beard and I said he couldn't made unless he was on the run or something to that effect and he flipped. He told me I was wrong and how he was about to get on a plane but he was willing to miss his flight to proof me wrong. He acted like I infringed on his first amendment right to speak. He went ballistic and the moderator I think stepped in and I have ignored him ever since. The kid/adult or whatever he Is gets all riled up real easily.
Don’t you know that Mooney had a beard and he was one of the most feared, respected, and powerful people in the whole WORLD?!?
Lolol
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:33 pm
funkster wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:05 pm See he's arguing with some other people in the threads, man you've got some goofballs in those comments that have no idea what the hell theyre talking about. Good lord i see Ross Stanger found you too. Another lunatic.
Yeah they’re all coming out the woodwork now. Boka, Stanger, Wemette — it’s like a Chicago outfit “expert” goofball hat trick. Unfortunately, Chicago brings out the weirdos like nothing else.
Good thing is these are either buried pretty deeply in the comments or get little to no reaction.
And wtf is with this average white guy? Very confident "expert" in the outfit who appears to be insisting that the making ceremony started with Carlisi? Apparently Nick's testimony about his ceremony ten years before Carlisi even became boss is irrelevant?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:24 pm
And wtf is with this average white guy? Very confident "expert" in the outfit who appears to be insisting that the making ceremony started with Carlisi? Apparently Nick's testimony about his ceremony ten years before Carlisi even became boss is irrelevant?
I just don't pay these people any attention. We can back everything up with sources. If it's conjecture, I say so. Even then, I try to frame it around sources.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:25 pm BokaBreeze, aka “MarcBasil”, aka “ComeBackLucy”, etc etc has now discovered our TMA Chicago episodes, which I’m sure gave him a conniption fit. Along with his usual Giancana worship, he’s also spouting all his old stuff about how the Commission, which consists of the bosses of every extant Family in the US, still meets regularly in FL, in person, all together.
We already said that Giancana wasn’t boss after ‘66, which caused a meltdown for him I’m sure, as he is literally in love with Giancana (says things like he was one of the most feared and respected men in the whole WORLD, etc).
I tried to engage in a conversation with him. Someone had a beard and I said he couldn't made unless he was on the run or something to that effect and he flipped. He told me I was wrong and how he was about to get on a plane but he was willing to miss his flight to proof me wrong. He acted like I infringed on his first amendment right to speak. He went ballistic and the moderator I think stepped in and I have ignored him ever since. The kid/adult or whatever he Is gets all riled up real easily.
Don’t you know that Mooney had a beard and he was one of the most feared, respected, and powerful people in the whole WORLD?!?
Lol sounds more like The Don of ANP than Boca breeze.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:37 pm
funkster wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:24 pm
I just don't pay these people any attention. We can back everything up with sources. If it's conjecture, I say so. Even then, I try to frame it around sources.
We get a lot of really excellent comments, and the haters get very little attention and basically no affirmation from the 99% positive and constructive audience. Sometimes I respond to them just for the benefit of anyone else that might come along and read it, as it is otherwise pointless to argue with these types as they will never admit they could possibly be wrong about anything (even when presented with documented facts), will continue to assert their claims without evidence, and will suck you into an endless merry-go-round of never ending back-and-forths.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:49 pm
Lol sounds more like The Don of ANP than Boca breeze.
Boka had been spouting his baroque Giancana love poems since forever on Reddit. The stuff he’s been posting on YT are basically verbatim things he would write when fighting with people years ago on Reddit. The thing is, he got it from “The Don”, as what Boka espouses as “history” is mainly just directly plagiarized from stuff guys said on ANP back in the day. He doesn’t do his own research, like read FBI files or what not, because (as he told me once), that’s “for nerds”.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Mike Spilotro Jr is also unhinged. He’s obsessed with trying to prove that Tony Spilotro was higher rank than he was. Really weird
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tony, I saw one of your comments on YouTube where you said Francis Leroy Hohimer died in 2005 in Fox River Grove. I believe you are confusing the death of him with the death of that con artist named John Seybold. Seybold’s claim that he wrote the book the home invaders under the name Francis Hohimer. That is false. Hohimer was a real person who was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list. I believe Hohimer died in 2003. Is it your belief that Hohimer and Seybold are the same people?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm
Mike Spilotro Jr is also unhinged. He’s obsessed with trying to prove that Tony Spilotro was higher rank than he was. Really weird
The subject is in a funny position as there is a lot (speaking relatively, of course) of interest in Chicago but essentially
no one in the public sphere who is actually capable of setting people straight on how things really were, so all kinds of crazy stuff comes up. People in another thread are complaining about Dom Cicale. And I’m like, fuck, we should be so lucky! As it stands, Red fuckin Wemette is the Chicago equivalent to Michael DiLeonardo, which speaks volumes. We’re still parsing stuff that Mikey Mags said on ANP over ten years ago, because it’s literally all that we have, ever, of a made guy engaging with the public in any form.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 pm Tony, I saw one of your comments on YouTube where you said Francis Leroy Hohimer died in 2005 in Fox River Grove. I believe you are confusing the death of him with the death of that con artist named John Seybold. Seybold’s claim that he wrote the book the home invaders under the name Francis Hohimer. That is false. Hohimer was a real person who was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list. I believe Hohimer died in 2003. Is it your belief that Hohimer and Seybold are the same people?
I was under the impressions that they were aliases of the same guy, but I’ll admit that I know next to nothing about Hohimer apart from the interstate trafficking pinch he caught in ‘72 with Leo Rugendorf and the Valerie Percy murder thing. I’ve seen “Thief”, of course, but never actually read the book.

You’re saying that Seybold actually wrote the book but was only pretending to be Hohimer when he did, or that Hohimer wrote the book and Seybold lied and said that he wrote it? Was Seybold just a con man? I’ve seen before that he did time in NJ in the 90s, but now I’m not sure if that’s accurate.

I’ve also seen it claimed that Seybold/Hohimer was working on the set of “Thief” as an advisor while wanted by the FBI, but I don’t think it would then be possible that it was the Hohimer that was pinched with Rugendorf (the one from the 10
Most wanted list), as he was apparently in the can then.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 pm Tony, I saw one of your comments on YouTube where you said Francis Leroy Hohimer died in 2005 in Fox River Grove. I believe you are confusing the death of him with the death of that con artist named John Seybold. Seybold’s claim that he wrote the book the home invaders under the name Francis Hohimer. That is false. Hohimer was a real person who was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list. I believe Hohimer died in 2003. Is it your belief that Hohimer and Seybold are the same people?
I was under the impressions that they were aliases of the same guy, but I’ll admit that I know next to nothing about Hohimer apart from the interstate trafficking pinch he caught in ‘72 with Leo Rugendorf and the Valerie Percy murder thing. I’ve seen “Thief”, of course, but never actually read the book.

You’re saying that Seybold actually wrote the book but was only pretending to be Hohimer when he did, or that Hohimer wrote the book and Seybold lied and said that he wrote it? Was Seybold just a con man? I’ve seen before that he did time in NJ in the 90s, but now I’m not sure if that’s accurate.

I’ve also seen it claimed that Seybold/Hohimer was working on the set of “Thief” as an advisor while wanted by the FBI, but I don’t think it would then be possible that it was the Hohimer that was pinched with Rugendorf (the one from the 10
This Seybold guy claimed while he was in prison in the 90s that he wrote the book Thief under the fake name Frank Hohimer. Seybold is a jewish guy from Cleveland while Hohimer is a hillbilly from Southern Illinois. Seybold did get involved in outfit connected jewel theft rings in the 80s but other than that there is no similarities between the two. For some reason since Seybold’s claim, it has went viral on the internet that he is actually Hohimer even thought the differences. Hohimer was on the FBI ten most wanted list in the 60s and there are articles in the 70s talking about Hohimer, Rugendorf and Percy so I’m confused why this Seybold claim is taken legitimately. The only issue is that I can not find Hohimer’s obituary which would be under Francis Leroy Hohimer. There is also no SSN death record that I could find. I reached out to some of his family and the one surviving sister won’t discuss him but his cousin said he is dead and that he was probably cremated bc there is no grave for him. In regards to the book The Home Invaders, it is actually a very good book with a lot of information about the Outfit in the 60s so I recommend it.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:43 am

This Seybold guy claimed while he was in prison in the 90s that he wrote the book Thief under the fake name Frank Hohimer. Seybold is a jewish guy from Cleveland while Hohimer is a hillbilly from Southern Illinois. Seybold did get involved in outfit connected jewel theft rings in the 80s but other than that there is no similarities between the two. For some reason since Seybold’s claim, it has went viral on the internet that he is actually Hohimer even thought the differences. Hohimer was on the FBI ten most wanted list in the 60s and there are articles in the 70s talking about Hohimer, Rugendorf and Percy so I’m confused why this Seybold claim is taken legitimately. The only issue is that I can not find Hohimer’s obituary which would be under Francis Leroy Hohimer. There is also no SSN death record that I could find. I reached out to some of his family and the one surviving sister won’t discuss him but his cousin said he is dead and that he was probably cremated bc there is no grave for him. In regards to the book The Home Invaders, it is actually a very good book with a lot of information about the Outfit in the 60s so I recommend it.
Ah ok, that makes sense then. Thanks.

Yeah, Francis Leroy Hohimer was born in Menard County, IL. I can’t find any record of his death either, apart from a family tree entry that states that he died in 2003 in VA with no supporting documents.

I did read “The Home Invaders” last night. Fun book and thought it was a good window into the burglary racket in that era. Didn’t give much real insight into the mob, but the guy was a hillbilly burglar, so it’s not like he had that kind of access. One thing that stood out was that Hohimer claimed that he escaped from jail in Bridgeport, CT in 1971 (which is true, he was locked up in CT in ‘69 after being found running a pancake house there while on the 10 Most Wanted list for a gunpoint robbery of a wealthy philanthropist in Denver in ‘67) with assistance of an “outfit guy” named “Bever Saviago” (??), who Hohimer described as a “lieutenant” in the Genovese Family. Hohimer claimed that “Saviago” had connections to corrupt prison employees who facilitated Hohimer’s escape, in exchange for Hohimer pulling off a large jewelry theft. After spending some time in NYC, Hohimer says he decided to turn himself back in as he suspected that the mob was going to whack him after he pulled off the job. If true, I have no idea who this “Saviago” would be, though clearly Hohimer messed the name up.

I also note that there is a marriage record in CA for a Francis L Hohimer of the same in age in 1976. It seems to be him, but this is odd because he was sentenced to 30 years in Iowa in 1972 and at the time that the book was released in ‘75 was incarcerated. Was his conviction overturned or sentence commuted? If so, it wasn’t reported in the papers.

Wonder also if Seybold and Hohimer knew each other, given that Hohimer claimed in the book to have had close connections to guys in Cleveland and pulling burglaries in Shaker Heights.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:58 am

Yeah, Francis Leroy Hohimer was born in Menard County, IL. I can’t find any record of his death either, apart from a family tree entry that states that he died in 2003 in VA with no supporting documents.

I did read “The Home Invaders” last night. Fun book and thought it was a good window into the burglary racket in that era. Didn’t give much real insight into the mob, but the guy was a hillbilly burglar, so it’s not like he had that kind of access. One thing that stood out was that Hohimer claimed that he escaped from jail in Bridgeport, CT in 1971 (which is true, he was locked up in CT in ‘69 after being found running a pancake house there while on the 10 Most Wanted list for a gunpoint robbery of a wealthy philanthropist in Denver in ‘67) with assistance of an “outfit guy” named “Bever Saviago” (??), who Hohimer described as a “lieutenant” in the Genovese Family. Hohimer claimed that “Saviago” had connections to corrupt prison employees who facilitated Hohimer’s escape, in exchange for Hohimer pulling off a large jewelry theft. After spending some time in NYC, Hohimer says he decided to turn himself back in as he suspected that the mob was going to whack him after he pulled off the job. If true, I have no idea who this “Saviago” would be, though clearly Hohimer messed the name up.

I also note that there is a marriage record in CA for a Francis L Hohimer of the same in age in 1976. It seems to be him, but this is odd because he was sentenced to 30 years in Iowa in 1972 and at the time that the book was released in ‘75 was incarcerated. Was his conviction overturned or sentence commuted? If so, it wasn’t reported in the papers.

Wonder also if Seybold and Hohimer knew each other, given that Hohimer claimed in the book to have had close connections to guys in Cleveland and pulling burglaries in Shaker Heights.
A lot of known Outfit guys mentioned in the book like Willie Messino, Joe Gags and Milwaukee Phil. Leo Rugendorf seemed like a real ruthless person. The East St Louis guys mentioned in the book was interesting too. Hohimer really did business with a lot of different groups. I tried finding the genovese guy too but couldn’t. The guy might not have been a high ranking as Hohimer thought.

What I don’t understand is why Seybold’s claim has been spread like wild fire. If you type in Hohimer’s name in google it comes up as Seybold. It’s crazy.

I want to request Hohimer’s FBI files but don’t think I can bc there are no supporting documents that he died.

He could have been in the witness protection program. I don’t think he was but it’s possible. His brother Wayne’s obit in 1998 said Francis Hohimer of Miami Fl.

A possible way he got married during his 30 year sentence could have been he got married in a federal pen in California. Not sure if there is a way to get a list of federal prisons a immate has served in.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:28 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:58 am

A lot of known Outfit guys mentioned in the book like Willie Messino, Joe Gags and Milwaukee Phil. Leo Rugendorf seemed like a real ruthless person. The East St Louis guys mentioned in the book was interesting too. Hohimer really did business with a lot of different groups. I tried finding the genovese guy too but couldn’t. The guy might not have been a high ranking as Hohimer thought.

What I don’t understand is why Seybold’s claim has been spread like wild fire. If you type in Hohimer’s name in google it comes up as Seybold. It’s crazy.

I want to request Hohimer’s FBI files but don’t think I can bc there are no supporting documents that he died.

He could have been in the witness protection program. I don’t think he was but it’s possible. His brother Wayne’s obit in 1998 said Francis Hohimer of Miami Fl.

A possible way he got married during his 30 year sentence could have been he got married in a federal pen in California. Not sure if there is a way to get a list of federal prisons a immate has served in.
Yeah, he discussed meeting and working under a few guys, and the locations of some mob-connected clubs in Humboldt Park, which is of personal interest for me, but didn’t tell us anything about the organization itself that we wouldn’t already know (Messino and Gagliano being under Cerone, Rugendorf being an associate of Alderisio). He does state that Wortman answered to Chicago, which we also know from Teddy DeRose. The really interesting stuff for me is the way that he highlights how “the outfit” (by which he meant LCN in general, of course, not just Chicago) controlled prolific teams of burglars, jewel thieves, and armed robbers working all over the country, from big cities to rural areas (the guy was doing stuff in Chicago, downstate, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa, Connecticut, NYC, Ohio, and I don’t think he was making it up given all of the press coverage of his various arrests and escapades).

I hadn’t thought of Federal prison as being a way that he could’ve been married in CA. He was sentenced to Iowa state prison in ‘72, but maybe he got transferred to the Feds or was also hit with additional Federal charges subsequently (which seems very possible given all his interstate stuff). His marriage was in San Luis Obispo. There’s a CA state prison there, but I’m not aware of any Federal prisons in that county (maybe there was in the 70s?). Otherwise, maybe he did flip and got out early for that reason. Would be interesting to find out what could be in his file if you ever manage to get ahold of it.