Anguilos in prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Anguilos in prison

Post by JCB1977 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:27 am What about Danny or Frankie? IDK where they did their bids. Frankie lived the longest I believe, wonder if he had money on the street up until his death. Frankie was not a captain correct? The Anguilos are an underrated topic in my opinion. Was there any other family with what like 6 or 7 brothers affiliated with LCN? I know we have the Linos, Riccobenes, the Corozzos, DiPalermos, etc. but not as many brothers as the Anguilos. Would love to hear the doghouse tapes or the entire transcripts, not just the ones in Underboss. Thanks for the response Pmac!
In Pittsburgh, it was Mike Genovese, Fio Genovese and Felix Genovese
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

In Philly alone you have the Changs, Pungs, Grandes, and Merlinos. I suppose you could include the Riccobenes as well. That’s just off the top of my head.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Three of the Piccolo brothers were made in Philly as were a bunch of other relatives including cousin Tony Piccolo, nephew Nicky Scarfo, uncle Joe Rugnetta, Rugnetta's nephew Domenico, and great-nephew Phil Leonetti.

Domenic Grande is a descendant of them so technically it still continues.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

SonnyC wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:12 am At least one did time in Sandstone, MN. A guy I knew, recently passed, did time with them in the '90s. Said they were good guys.
Wow, you don't hear about Sandstone much. Thanks for the info Sonny!
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

jmack wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:37 pm In Philly alone you have the Changs, Pungs, Grandes, and Merlinos. I suppose you could include the Riccobenes as well. That’s just off the top of my head.
There were 7 Anguilo brothers though, Idk any other families that had that many siblings affiliated. The Gottis prob come the closest with John, Gene, Peter, Richie, and Vincent.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Interesting that the American mafia allows that many brothers to be made in the same family. I remember reading in Sicily it's usually no more than 2 per family, one of the exceptions being the Ribisi brothers from Palma di Montechiaro who had 3 of them made (Gioacchino, Ignazio and Rosario if I remember correctly).
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 am
SonnyC wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:12 am At least one did time in Sandstone, MN. A guy I knew, recently passed, did time with them in the '90s. Said they were good guys.
Wow, you don't hear about Sandstone much. Thanks for the info Sonny!
Absolutely. I probably wouldn't have remembered this, but the guy died a few weeks ago so it was fresh in my mind. He was a Chicago guy BTW.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Dinapolis had 4 brothers
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Philly d wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:19 pm Dinapolis had 4 brothers
I think they were in different families
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Wish those Prince Street tapes were available for listening and some old surveillance of the North End. You really only see the arrest and trial film footage.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

The Greek wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:07 am
Philly d wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:19 pm Dinapolis had 4 brothers
I think they were in different families
yes but involved
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Pretty sure the was 1 or 2 in the genovese and the current consig. In the luchese family
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:28 am I've never really heard about the Anguilos time locked up. I know Gerry was in Leavenworth in the 80s and 90s, and was there during the riot, wonder how he got along with other LCN figures. Where did Danny or Frankie do their time? Even Larry Baione, you don't hear about his time in prison either. Any insight?
Here is an article about the taped conversations of the Angiulos and their associates such as Larry Baione. https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 105760036/ Bulger and Flemmi along with Howie Winter are mentioned by the Angiulos.

Also here is an article about Larry Baione and it mentioned that he was thought to be active despite being in a prison hospital with people such as Phil Waggnheim and his nephew Sonny Baiona representing him on the street. https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 102191192/
trafficante
Straightened out

Post by trafficante »

Jerry was up at FMC Devens in Devens, Mass. before coming back home to Nahant in 2007.
"Don't go telling me about two factions. Don't try that Nick Licata shit on me."
kyrieleis
On Record

Post by kyrieleis »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:31 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:27 am What about Danny or Frankie? IDK where they did their bids. Frankie lived the longest I believe, wonder if he had money on the street up until his death. Frankie was not a captain correct? The Anguilos are an underrated topic in my opinion. Was there any other family with what like 6 or 7 brothers affiliated with LCN? I know we have the Linos, Riccobenes, the Corozzos, DiPalermos, etc. but not as many brothers as the Anguilos. Would love to hear the doghouse tapes or the entire transcripts, not just the ones in Underboss. Thanks for the response Pmac!
In Pittsburgh, it was Mike Genovese, Fio Genovese and Felix Genovese
Would you consider the Volpe brothers affiliated with LCN? Or just in their own sphere of bootlegging in Turtle Creek..

- Kyrieleis
"We bakuto cannot walk in broad daylight. But if we unite and become a wall to stop communism, we can be of service to the nation. If anything happens, we would like to stake our lives for the good of the country."