General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:28 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:18 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:23 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:41 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:01 pm If I'm going back on these threads on modern Chicago correctly, its rumored that Mario's brother is now the boss operating out of the Gold Exchange. It's hard to believe they would be that dumb to let an ex con with a high profile (and I realize Lou Rainone is also an ex con) be around like that.

My view on Rainone - and I've followed him for a while - is that it wasn't him snitching to the FBI that was damaging - he snitched to the Inspector General of LIUNA who then kicked out John Matassa and a significant amount of Outfit guys who had leadership positions. I've never understood why he is still alive if Matassa is still in a position of power - that was their largest racket - and that led to the Caruso's also being thrown out. If they are with Cicero, how would they allow that? Obviously a lot we don't know but that's my largest question on Rainone right now.

https://ipsn.org/fbi-agent-orourke-affidavit/
Rumor is he made a deal after they blew up his mother’s house. If he stopped talking he would not be hurt. He did stop talking and did heavy time. That being said, I don’t think he was ever allowed back into the Outfit. All the stuff that he did after his release from prison (Mostly burglary) was on his own. His dad and son were involved in it and they both ratted too. Not a strong family. His brother let’s him work there and probably uses him for petty stuff when needed. You are right. Even with him refusing to talk, he did heavy damage. The union stuff is small compared to him basically being the reason Lenny Patrick flipped. Alex and Carlisi fell because of that.
Was Rainone also one of the key reasons James LaValley also flipped? He had arguably more of a damaging impact because he testified. I also believe Mario's son is married to a Daddono, correct? They are still a force in Chicago and the unions if I am not mistaken - I've often wondered about John Matassa and whether these guys essentially walked away from him after he lost all his union contracts and he was kind of forced into scamming on his own. HIs loss was other's gain and that's why there were so few repercussions. His latest scam was about as basic as it gets and no one was noticing for a few years - I wonder if he was pocketing all that cash or kicking up to someone in the Outfit.
Rainone cooperated about a year before Lavalley. Lavalley flipped because a gambler he was collecting from was wired up by the FBI. He was arrested for gambling and extortion charges so I don’t think Rainone had anything to do with his arrest. Interesting thing about Lavalley was that not only did he testify at the Alex trial, he also testified at the Infelice trial. He testified that Solly D told him to lay off a gambler bc he was bringing to much heat trying to shake him down. Also, Lavalley only worked for the outfit for like four years. He started collecting at the age of 42 and was arrested at 46 I believe. The fact that he was so close to the top administration shows how depleted the outfit was at that time.
The gambler that wore a wire was a clerk in a wireroom who had been inflating winnings and then pocketing the excess cash. It ended up being over $100,000. In an earlier time, he most likely would have been killed.
I'm sure smart con men have worked the mob over multiple times - but quite a dangerous business. The Chicago mob were quite scary guys.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

From the August 30, 1968 Rockford Morning Star
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

From the July 8, 1936 Rockford Morning Star. William Dado is really Willie "Potatoes" Daddano. The extortion was against Clifford Seybert, a Rockford bookmaker who was active throughout the 1930s and 1940s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Again, great info and thanks.

Louis Laino was probably the brother of Frank Laino who in turn was bodyguard and chauffeur of old time capo Lawrence Dago Mangano. In fact they also had another brother or cousin (i dont remember) Joe Laino who was ivolved in the First Ward.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

.....in fact, the Daddono crew was probably a product of the old Mangano west side group.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Villain wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:26 am Again, great info and thanks.

Louis Laino was probably the brother of Frank Laino who in turn was bodyguard and chauffeur of old time capo Lawrence Dago Mangano. In fact they also had another brother or cousin (i dont remember) Joe Laino who was ivolved in the First Ward.
Good stuff digging that up! I'm always interested in where a lot of these guys ended up and their familial connection.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

cavita wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:22 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:26 am Again, great info and thanks.

Good stuff digging that up! I'm always interested in where a lot of these guys ended up and their familial connection.
Theres also one old police lineup photo of Frank Laino and youngsters such as Willie Daddono and Charles English (brother of Sam English aka Inglesia).

In addition in June 1939, Laino’s brother Louis was sent to prison to serve two years on tax evasion charges.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Jimmy Inendino passed away
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I'm sure most expected DeLaurentis to go first right? Who is the heir apparent in Chicago? Caruso or Cautadella?

Post by Guest »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:17 pm I'm sure most expected DeLaurentis to go first right? Who is the heir apparent in Chicago? Caruso or Cautadella?
He had an oxygen tank from my understanding so his health was not the greatest. He was definitely one of the more active guys in the last 20 years.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Guest wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:40 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:17 pm I'm sure most expected DeLaurentis to go first right? Who is the heir apparent in Chicago? Caruso or Cautadella?
He had an oxygen tank from my understanding so his health was not the greatest. He was definitely one of the more active guys in the last 20 years.
Not sure why it posted me as a guest before but from what I was told he had been in bad health the last year or two and was using an oxygen tank. Not sure how active he could have been. Hard to measure if this is a big loss to the outfit bc he had been one of the most active and link to the last confirmed Outfit murders. That Tony Calabrese who killed The hatch and possibly Jarrett was supposedly taking orders from him.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 pm
Not sure why it posted me as a guest before but from what I was told he had been in bad health the last year or two and was using an oxygen tank. Not sure how active he could have been. Hard to measure if this is a big loss to the outfit bc he had been one of the most active and link to the last confirmed Outfit murders. That Tony Calabrese who killed The hatch and possibly Jarrett was supposedly taking orders from him.
The system has been logging people out lately. It also happened to me several times, especially when I use my phone. Just have to make sure that you're logged in before posting. I'll let Soliai know.

BTW, I would suggest not assuming that confirmed murders are all Outfit murders. Just sayin'.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:56 pm Jimmy Inendino passed away
Scott B should credit you in his story as the source of the accurate information and pay you 25% for having the lead on the story
Idk if you watch sports, but trades, particularly NBA trades it's also a twitter war on who comes out first with the biggest trade. Ppl make alot of money by switching networks and being first to report.
If you copy and pasted his article your just posting what's yours right?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Speaking of Scott, he says that Cataudella recently replaced Indendino as official underboss FWIW.

Indendino was responsible for one of the funniest wiretaps I've ever heard. From the guy who answers instinctively knowing exactly who "Motherfucker" is supposed to be to the weirdly friendly "bye bye" at the end, this thing is just hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVZktuZa1c
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:33 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 pm
The system has been logging people out lately. It also happened to me several times, especially when I use my phone. Just have to make sure that you're logged in before posting. I'll let Soliai know.

BTW, I would suggest not assuming that confirmed murders are all Outfit murders. Just sayin'.
Oh for sure. There has definitely been more Outfit murders. Just talking about Inendino and he was definitely linked at least with the Hatchet murder. He basically controlled Calabrese