General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Villain wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:04 am Giancana was one of the most devious ones but he fucked every pussy that walked between two legs lol

I was quoting the Sopranos. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Damn it :mrgreen:
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:56 am Yeah, I didn't notice the similarity until you pointed them out. Good observation.
I saw the resemblance maybe a year ago but I was like "dont be crazy, your brain and eyes are fuckin with you" Lol but it seems i was right lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ivan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:03 pm jeezus are they related
Possibly although we have to do some DNA tests :lol:
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 pm Here’s an article about an outfit burglar Carmine Jannece that was a fugitive for 14 years. Never heard of him before. He was part of Bobby siegel’s crew

https://abc7chicago.com/archive/6143650 ... tid=Zxz2cZ
That's quite a story living in the open like that. I have to doubt these Italians in Chicago were inspired by Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze in Point Break however. I do have one question - was The Beak really related to Busy Siegel or is that something Goudie just added? I remember The Beak Siegel testifying during family secrets and was not aware he was related to Bugsy Siegel.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Additionally, ironic that Jannece would take the name 'Senese' given Dom Senese was a boss in Chicago whose family was being annihilated in a series of hits and union indictments in the exact same timeframe (early 90s). Jannece had to have known who that was - that's kind of interesting.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:39 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 pm Here’s an article about an outfit burglar Carmine Jannece that was a fugitive for 14 years. Never heard of him before. He was part of Bobby siegel’s crew

https://abc7chicago.com/archive/6143650 ... tid=Zxz2cZ
That's quite a story living in the open like that. I have to doubt these Italians in Chicago were inspired by Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze in Point Break however. I do have one question - was The Beak really related to Busy Siegel or is that something Goudie just added? I remember The Beak Siegel testifying during family secrets and was not aware he was related to Bugsy Siegel.
Siegel was a liar sometimes and exaggerated. Even though he would make that claim, he definitely was not related to Bugsy Siegel. Only thing they had in common was that both were Jewish.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Interesting that the prosecutor argued against Rainone being released from court supervision because he’s working at the same pawn shop that Sarno use to own and that is now owned by Rainone’s brother which Lopez responded by saying he is not connected to the Outfit. In fact he is the one that there is rumors he is made and running Cicero.

Ex-Outfit enforcer in ‘golden years’ loses bid to end court supervision after prosecutors say he went back to old Cicero haunt

By Jason Meisner
Chicago Tribune
Feb 14, 2023 at 1:17 pm

After spending the last 32 years either in prison or under government supervision, longtime Chicago Outfit enforcer Mario Rainone just wants to do a little traveling and live out his “golden years” in peace, his attorney says.

“He’s about ready for the rocking chair at Shady Acres,” attorney Joseph Lopez said Tuesday in arguing for early termination of Rainone’s supervised release for a gun conviction. “He’s spent a lot of time with the U.S. government living with him and around him.”

ADVERTISEMENT

But federal prosecutors say Rainone, 67, may not be destined for the shuffleboard court just yet.

In fact, after being released from prison early in 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns, he went right back to some of his old haunts, finding employment at a Cicero jewelry business once used by incarcerated mob associate Mark Polchan and his boss, Mike “The Large Guy” Sarno, Assistant U.S. Attorney Amarjeet Bhachu said in asking that the request be denied.

Convicted Outfit extortionist Mario Rainone
Convicted Outfit extortionist Mario Rainone (Illinois Department of Corrections)
Bhachu also noted that Rainone picked up his most recent case while under supervised release for an extortion conviction, and also had a recent run-in at a Northlake Home Depot where he was cited for attempting to steal an air conditioner.

“That’s a pretty bad indicator that Mr. Rainone did not learn his lesson,” Bhachu said.

Lopez said the Cicero jewelry store is currently owned by his brother, who has no known mob ties. He also told the judge the Home Depot incident did not result an any arrest or charges.

After the hearing, Lopez told the Tribune that Rainone had the air conditioner on a cart that was wheeled out by a store attendant and that the whole episode appeared to be a “misunderstanding.”

In the end. U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber agreed with prosecutors and kept Rainone’s supervised release intact, meaning he’ll be under the supervision of court officials until June 2025.

Rainone was convicted by a federal jury in 2013 of having a loaded Smith & Wesson .357-caliber handgun on his nightstand at his Addison home. Authorities searched the residence after Rainone and an accomplice were caught coming out of a Lincolnshire condo building with jewelry and cash stuffed in their coats.

At his sentencing hearing, Bhachu noted a previous judge had labeled Rainone an “urban terrorist” who had no respect for the law.

“If you give him the opportunity, he will go out and commit crime,” Bhachu said. “He will hurt people. He will take their property.”

Rainone’s colorful mob history dates to the 1980s, when he was identified as an associate of legendary mob bosses Lenny Patrick and Gus Alex.

Afternoon Briefing
Afternoon Briefing
Daily
Chicago Tribune editors' top story picks, delivered to your inbox each afternoon.
By submitting your email to receive this newsletter, you agree to our Subscriber Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
>
According to federal court documents, Rainone became an informant for the feds in 1989 after he thought Patrick was setting him up to be killed. He was taken into witness protection, but later refused to cooperate with authorities after an explosive device damaged his mother’s porch, according to court records.

At Alex’s blockbuster trial in 1992, several business owners testified about being terrorized by Rainone, who threatened to kill them and their families — maybe putting their heads on poles as an example — if they didn’t pay.

Even after he was sentenced to a lengthy prison term, Rainone didn’t stop his criminal ways, according to prosecutors.

In 2010, he was convicted of bribing a corrupt guard to smuggle him salami and other Italian treats into a Wisconsin federal prison, records show.

In his motion last month to terminate Rainone’s supervised release, Lopez wrote that since being freed in 2020, he has been “a law-abiding individual who lives off Social Security,” and also suffered a debilitating back injury after he was rear-ended by another vehicle last year.

“He is an elderly man and wishes to terminate his supervised release so that he can travel the world at this leisure during his golden years.” Lopez wrote
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

If I'm going back on these threads on modern Chicago correctly, its rumored that Mario's brother is now the boss operating out of the Gold Exchange. It's hard to believe they would be that dumb to let an ex con with a high profile (and I realize Lou Rainone is also an ex con) be around like that.

My view on Rainone - and I've followed him for a while - is that it wasn't him snitching to the FBI that was damaging - he snitched to the Inspector General of LIUNA who then kicked out John Matassa and a significant amount of Outfit guys who had leadership positions. I've never understood why he is still alive if Matassa is still in a position of power - that was their largest racket - and that led to the Caruso's also being thrown out. If they are with Cicero, how would they allow that? Obviously a lot we don't know but that's my largest question on Rainone right now.

https://ipsn.org/fbi-agent-orourke-affidavit/
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I doubt Rainone was the only source for Matassa and Caruso being made, let alone in positions with LIUNA. Matassa was ID'd as a member early as 1986. However, I can't tell you why they let him hang around places like the pawn ship unless Louis Rainone has more influence than Matassa now.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:01 pm If I'm going back on these threads on modern Chicago correctly, its rumored that Mario's brother is now the boss operating out of the Gold Exchange. It's hard to believe they would be that dumb to let an ex con with a high profile (and I realize Lou Rainone is also an ex con) be around like that.

My view on Rainone - and I've followed him for a while - is that it wasn't him snitching to the FBI that was damaging - he snitched to the Inspector General of LIUNA who then kicked out John Matassa and a significant amount of Outfit guys who had leadership positions. I've never understood why he is still alive if Matassa is still in a position of power - that was their largest racket - and that led to the Caruso's also being thrown out. If they are with Cicero, how would they allow that? Obviously a lot we don't know but that's my largest question on Rainone right now.

Rumor is he made a deal after they blew up his mother’s house. If he stopped talking he would not be hurt. He did stop talking and did heavy time. That being said, I don’t think he was ever allowed back into the Outfit. All the stuff that he did after his release from prison (Mostly burglary) was on his own. His dad and son were involved in it and they both ratted too. Not a strong family. His brother let’s him work there and probably uses him for petty stuff when needed. You are right. Even with him refusing to talk, he did heavy damage. The union stuff is small compared to him basically being the reason Lenny Patrick flipped. Alex and Carlisi fell because of that.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:41 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:01 pm If I'm going back on these threads on modern Chicago correctly, its rumored that Mario's brother is now the boss operating out of the Gold Exchange. It's hard to believe they would be that dumb to let an ex con with a high profile (and I realize Lou Rainone is also an ex con) be around like that.

Rumor is he made a deal after they blew up his mother’s house. If he stopped talking he would not be hurt. He did stop talking and did heavy time. That being said, I don’t think he was ever allowed back into the Outfit. All the stuff that he did after his release from prison (Mostly burglary) was on his own. His dad and son were involved in it and they both ratted too. Not a strong family. His brother let’s him work there and probably uses him for petty stuff when needed. You are right. Even with him refusing to talk, he did heavy damage. The union stuff is small compared to him basically being the reason Lenny Patrick flipped. Alex and Carlisi fell because of that.
Was Rainone also one of the key reasons James LaValley also flipped? He had arguably more of a damaging impact because he testified. I also believe Mario's son is married to a Daddono, correct? They are still a force in Chicago and the unions if I am not mistaken - I've often wondered about John Matassa and whether these guys essentially walked away from him after he lost all his union contracts and he was kind of forced into scamming on his own. HIs loss was other's gain and that's why there were so few repercussions. His latest scam was about as basic as it gets and no one was noticing for a few years - I wonder if he was pocketing all that cash or kicking up to someone in the Outfit.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

For what its worth...i think Rainone was once allegedly advised by Lenny Patrick to stay away from made guys, since during those days Rainone belonged to Patrick.

EDIT: I believe the first guy from the Lenny Patrick crew who began cooperating was Rainone, followed by Gary Edwards or Lenny Patrick, who in turn listened to the Rainone tapes and also decided to cooperate. By the end of 1989 Rainone had cooperated with the government briefly by joining the witness protection program because he feared a hit had been put out on him. But as @Patrickgold already said, when the Outfit got wind of the situation, they bombed and blew to bits the front porch of his mother’s home. The bomb was placed by Nick Calabrese on the orders of Jimmy Marcello. Rainone got the message and eventually stopped cooperating and pled guilty to extortion charges and was sentenced to 17½ years in prison.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:23 am

Was Rainone also one of the key reasons James LaValley also flipped? He had arguably more of a damaging impact because he testified. I also believe Mario's son is married to a Daddono, correct? They are still a force in Chicago and the unions if I am not mistaken - I've often wondered about John Matassa and whether these guys essentially walked away from him after he lost all his union contracts and he was kind of forced into scamming on his own. HIs loss was other's gain and that's why there were so few repercussions. His latest scam was about as basic as it gets and no one was noticing for a few years - I wonder if he was pocketing all that cash or kicking up to someone in the Outfit.
Rainone cooperated about a year before Lavalley. Lavalley flipped because a gambler he was collecting from was wired up by the FBI. He was arrested for gambling and extortion charges so I don’t think Rainone had anything to do with his arrest. Interesting thing about Lavalley was that not only did he testify at the Alex trial, he also testified at the Infelice trial. He testified that Solly D told him to lay off a gambler bc he was bringing to much heat trying to shake him down. Also, Lavalley only worked for the outfit for like four years. He started collecting at the age of 42 and was arrested at 46 I believe. The fact that he was so close to the top administration shows how depleted the outfit was at that time.
Last edited by Patrickgold on Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:18 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:23 am

Rainone cooperated about a year before Lavalley. Lavalley flipped because a gambler he was collecting from was wired up by the FBI. He was arrested for gambling and extortion charges so I don’t think Rainone had anything to do with his arrest. Interesting thing about Lavalley was that not only did he testify at the Alex trial, he also testified at the Infelice trial. He testified that Solly D told him to lay off a gambler bc he was bringing to much heat trying to shake him down. Also, Lavalley only worked for the outfit for like four years. He started collecting at the age of 42 and was arrested at 46 I believe. The fact that he was so close to the top administration shows how depleted the outfit was at that time.
The gambler that wore a wire was a clerk in a wireroom who had been inflating winnings and then pocketing the excess cash. It ended up being over $100,000. In an earlier time, he most likely would have been killed.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I remember watching the surveillance video of that Rainone guys pawn shopped being robbed in 2012. They put a pillow case over the clerks head. It was a bunch of inner city kids.