Matteo Messina Denaro Arrested

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro Arrested

Post by Pmac2 »

Doesn't look that bad. Looks like a 60ty year old. Nice clothes.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Strax wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 am
John W wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 am Now that he has been arrested, who becomes Italy’s new most wanted mob boss?
Probably Giovanni Motisi, also Sicilian mafia boss , wanted since 1998. Nothing about him is known , some say he is dead, several informants said he is alive and in hiding in Sicily.
Now that MMD has been captured, Motisi is the only other Cosa Nostra boss on Europol's list.
Pmac2 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:22 pm Doesn't look that bad. Looks like a 60ty year old. Nice clothes.
Including a watch worth 35,000 euros.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:34 pm U zianu

There was a man who spent years on the run.

He didn’t do it for fun.

One day he got Ill, so the beans had to spill.

No more caponata and amaro for Matteo Messina Denaro.
Hahahhahaha

Gold.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

We should start having arguments about whether the Sicilian mafia is still viable.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:34 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 pm Well this is certainly some big news. Most interesting parts for me are the references I've seen here and there regarding Denaro's ties with the P2 Masons. You fellas might recall how in Godfather 3 Vincent mentions that the main villain Don Luchesi is involved with P2.

I challenge you guys to write a limerick that either starts or ends with "Matteo Messina Denaro."
U zianu

There was a man who spent years on the run.

He didn’t do it for fun.

One day he got Ill, so the beans had to spill.

No more caponata and amaro for Matteo Messina Denaro.
I legit LOLed.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 pm Well this is certainly some big news. Most interesting parts for me are the references I've seen here and there regarding Denaro's ties with the P2 Masons. You fellas might recall how in Godfather 3 Vincent mentions that the main villain Don Luchesi is involved with P2.

I challenge you guys to write a limerick that either starts or ends with "Matteo Messina Denaro."

Italian politics have had these men for centuries. They are the true Mafia.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:19 pm

Italian politics have had these men for centuries. They are the true Mafia.
You understand guns. Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.

I like how the main villains of parts 1 and 3 are only in the movies for a few minutes. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 pm Now that MMD has been captured, Motisi is the only other Cosa Nostra boss on Europol's list.
To be honest i don't think he is alive, with MMD we had several informants talking about his cancer,police uncovered pizzinis that were used by him,there is even a video of him in a car. But with Motisi there is literally nothing , no trace of him ,one informant said "He is alive and hiding in Agrigento".But is it really possible not to leave a single trace with todays technology...
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:22 am

They still giving him the King treatment.... no cuffs?
There are so many cops that he should try to escape,so no cuffs.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm We should start having arguments about whether the Sicilian mafia is still viable.
of course it is, the arrest of MMD was just a masquerade in my opinion, they arrested him to send messages to somebody
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:56 am of course it is, the arrest of MMD was just a masquerade in my opinion, they arrested him to send messages to somebody
Well it will always be surrounded with mystery , like with Riina and Provenzano arrest , so much mystery and conspiracy especially with Riina, police investigations never managed to uncover anything.

Now to the question if sicilian mafia is viable,very much so, i think they are more powerful than they were 10-15 years ago.Recent investigations showed they are trying to rebuild, form a cupola again , people in neighbours turn to mafia for help. Massacres and war on state brought them to their knees.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Strax wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:37 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 pm Now that MMD has been captured, Motisi is the only other Cosa Nostra boss on Europol's list.
To be honest i don't think he is alive, with MMD we had several informants talking about his cancer,police uncovered pizzinis that were used by him,there is even a video of him in a car. But with Motisi there is literally nothing , no trace of him ,one informant said "He is alive and hiding in Agrigento".But is it really possible not to leave a single trace with todays technology...
in 2016 Giuseppe Calvaruso (the acting boss of Pagliarelli) claimed to be the only one authorized to have contact with him
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:56 am
B. wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm We should start having arguments about whether the Sicilian mafia is still viable.
of course it is, the arrest of MMD was just a masquerade in my opinion, they arrested him to send messages to somebody
I could be wrong but I think he was speaking tongue and cheek. A nod to the laborious discussions on this board about the viability of Buffalo, KC, Detroit, etc. I don’t think he’s actually suggesting the viability of the Sicilian Mafia is up for debate.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Paolo Borsellino brother Salvatore said:

Before being killed my brother said "when I am killed it will have been the Mafia who killed me, but it will have been others who wanted my death"; today one of the main perpetrators of the massacre in which my brother lost his life is in prison, but unfortunately there are too many mysteries about who wanted Paul's death.What changes today? It changes little, the fact that Messina Denaro has been arrested means that there is someone who replaces him. Not only that, there is the serious suspicion that this arrest is the result, once again, of an unholy negotiation in the face of the concession of points from Riina's papello.
Last edited by Strax on Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

I don't know what he means by "Riina's papello."