Matteo Messina Denaro Arrested

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Matteo Messina Denaro Arrested

Post by eboli »

felice wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 am I've been told he's terminal, gonna die within some months
Thanks for the input, felice. He definitely looks ill, thin as a rail.

230116104133-01-matteo-messina-denaro-011623.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

scagghiuni wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:41 am
Strax wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:31 am Thanks to m2w for posting:

Boiardo said it 2 months ago, he said he was sick and that they would arrest him in order to a present to the actual government.He also said that it has something to do with life sentence law. Full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYTD7uDy0A

"May a little gift arrive?...Maybe, let's assume, that a Matteo Messina Denaro is very ill and makes a deal to surrender himself to make a sensational arrest?"
lol these big arrests are just a pathetic masquerade of the government
Looks like too big of a coincidence, when asked "When will Matteo Messina Denaro be arrested?" He answers "The dates speak for themselves". Him being arrested exactly 30 years after Riina... Time will tell.

Informants said pretty much same story during last year , that he is ill and wants to surrender.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Now that he has been arrested, who becomes Italy’s new most wanted mob boss?
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

John W wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 am Now that he has been arrested, who becomes Italy’s new most wanted mob boss?
Probably Giovanni Motisi, also Sicilian mafia boss , wanted since 1998. Nothing about him is known , some say he is dead, several informants said he is alive and in hiding in Sicily.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

He has colon cancer and liver cancer,i don't think he will live to see 2024.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I was beginning to wonder if he'd die before they got him.
All roads lead to New York.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Honestly was beginning think he would ever get caught. But based on the way he looks and what we have heard makes this seem like a give up before he passes.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Some of John Dickie's tweets about Denaro's arrest that I found interesting
12407FBF-EC6D-4D45-9516-A4C46906A38D.jpeg
581D0129-5350-4EBD-9673-88AA6A2AD200.jpeg
E28B2CEE-1B00-4614-8E0E-DBE5D9B35E2D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I thought his follow up tweets to that were also enlightening, especially on the heels of the discussion on here about the likelihood of the Ndrangheta trying to take out that prosecutor. Dickie describes Cosa Nostra as “not dead, but in deep crisis”. Which is why I find it *extremely* unlikely the Ndrangheta would try and kill that guy. It just seems like the height of stupidity. Look at what’s happened in Sicily over the last 30 years. Just a slow erosion of Cosa Nostra’s reach, wealth, and power.

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Strax wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 am
John W wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 am Now that he has been arrested, who becomes Italy’s new most wanted mob boss?
Probably Giovanni Motisi, also Sicilian mafia boss , wanted since 1998. Nothing about him is known , some say he is dead, several informants said he is alive and in hiding in Sicily.
Whos the most powerful now?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lot of history to his title.

Salvatore Maranzano once held the same position of Trapani capoprovincia in the 1920s and another was Andrea Fazio who was the de facto capo dei capi in the 1950s.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Well this is certainly some big news. Most interesting parts for me are the references I've seen here and there regarding Denaro's ties with the P2 Masons. You fellas might recall how in Godfather 3 Vincent mentions that the main villain Don Luchesi is involved with P2.

I challenge you guys to write a limerick that either starts or ends with "Matteo Messina Denaro."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 pm Well this is certainly some big news. Most interesting parts for me are the references I've seen here and there regarding Denaro's ties with the P2 Masons. You fellas might recall how in Godfather 3 Vincent mentions that the main villain Don Luchesi is involved with P2.

I challenge you guys to write a limerick that either starts or ends with "Matteo Messina Denaro."
Well he started as armed guard for D'Ali Family , they owned private bank in Sicily and were members of P2 , D'Ali Junior is senator today , accused multiple times of mafia association. Not just the P2 but other masonic lodges, also P3, P4 you name it. 'Ndrangheta superboss Pantaleone Mancuso was caught on wiretap saying "'Ndrangheta doesn't exist anymore , its all about freemasonry , P3,P4 you name it". During 'Ndrnagheta stato-mafia trial several witnesses said that "real power behind 'Ndrangheta were people that don't even have a parking ticket". Without them and corrupted politicians mafia would be like sophisticated street gang , nothing more.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 pm Well this is certainly some big news. Most interesting parts for me are the references I've seen here and there regarding Denaro's ties with the P2 Masons. You fellas might recall how in Godfather 3 Vincent mentions that the main villain Don Luchesi is involved with P2.

U zianu

There was a man who spent years on the run.

He didn’t do it for fun.

One day he got Ill, so the beans had to spill.

No more caponata and amaro for Matteo Messina Denaro.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

He was even vaccinated 3 times against COVID-19, In Castelvetrano.