General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who takes over the bookmaking operation now that the guy died of cancer (Greg Paloian)? I mean it's the busy season somebody has to
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:45 am Who takes over the bookmaking operation now that the guy died of cancer (Greg Paloian)? I mean it's the busy season somebody has to
I’m guessing Tony Dote picked up a large portion of the business. He is still heavily involved in bookmaking
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: No Nose died three weeks ago

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:39 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:36 am I’m not so sure Sarno really has lost both of his legs like Scott has mentioned in his article. I also heard Jimmy I is sick and needs an oxygen tank and that Solly D has cancer. Not sure if any of those are true.
Either way, he is in MCFP Springfield, which is never a good sign.
True. He definitely has health issues but if he really did lose his legs, I would think his lawyer would have mentioned that when he was fighting for a compassionate release
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Cheech wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:10 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:34 am The next will be Sally D.
its SOLLY
You beat me to the punch Cheech
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Dote took over the old Marco D'Amico book correct?

I think there are some interesting takeaways from the 3 bookmaking busts that occured in 2020 or so. (Paloain, DelGuidice, Poeta). Best we can tell the Paloain and DelGuidice deals were most likely connected to Cicero or some remnants of the 26th st crew. But notice that whatever operation D'Amico had that Dote supposedly took over was not touched.

The sheer size of the books mentioned here is evidence that there is still a decent level of demand for a traditional bookie, and that those types of bookies are likely to be outfit connected.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:26 am Dote took over the old Marco D'Amico book correct?

I think there are some interesting takeaways from the 3 bookmaking busts that occured in 2020 or so. (Paloain, DelGuidice, Poeta). Best we can tell the Paloain and DelGuidice deals were most likely connected to Cicero or some remnants of the 26th st crew. But notice that whatever operation D'Amico had that Dote supposedly took over was not touched.

The sheer size of the books mentioned here is evidence that there is still a decent level of demand for a traditional bookie, and that those types of bookies are likely to be outfit connected.
Good observation. Another observation is that even though Paloain seemed to be mostly connected to Cicero through Jimmy I and Sarno, had a large portion of his business in elmwood park and Melrose park. Another observation is that Jimmy I until before COVID had a cafe in Elmwood Park at the circle so when it comes to territory, everything is blurred.

I also should mention that I have heard that John Amabile ,who is in his early 30s, and is a up and comer. He checks all the boxes, mob pedigree, didn’t talk when arrested and is young. He was directly connected and charged in the same case as Paloain. The ASA said Amabile was involved in an “organized-crime, big-time, big-stakes, manipulative gambling operation, ”. With that being said, He could also be a candidate to take over a lot of the action that Paloain had even though he’s on home confinement and probably wants to stay low key for a while. That action is definitely not going away and somebody definitely will fill it. I will also say that I heard from a source that Amabile could be made despite his young age but obviously have no way to verify the truth to this.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
Bro cmon. Enough already. You dont get bored larping all day?
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:00 am
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
This is solid info. Thank you for sharing. My outfit knowledge is limited esp with newer stuff.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:00 am
DONT FEED THE ANIMALS
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:36 am I’m not so sure Sarno really has lost both of his legs like Scott has mentioned in his article. I also heard Jimmy I is sick and needs an oxygen tank and that Solly D has cancer. Not sure if any of those are true.
I can verify that Solly D has cancer, but no details. There's lots of different kinds of cancer, some can be cured, some sent to remission, and some are terminal. Andriacchi reportedly has or had cancer but he's still around at 90.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Cheech wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Nope and there's free speech, otherwise you'll screw yourself.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:14 am
MickeyMeatballs wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:33 am Isn’t Sarno still alive? Albeit a legless lump in a wheelchair?

Sarno is a real stand up guy.

Pogo
I lol’d.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:52 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Nope and there's free speech, otherwise you'll screw yourself.
Good point