How powerful is the Patriarca family now?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: How powerful is the Patriarca family now?

Post by Tonyd621 »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:00 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:08 am Scott Burnstein just did a podcast on with a former RI LE named O'Donnell discussing Latos new position as UB. I haven't finished it yet. But enjoy it so far, being about quarter of the way through.
Which Podcast?
The original gangsters podcast
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It was on spotify
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:51 am
Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 am The old boards had DeLuca as the underboss when in reality he was only a soldier around 2007-12. I can't remember him ever saying he was a capo under baby shacks. Sounds like they didn't like each other. On top st laurent had the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006 but couldn't get anyone to do it. That was all recorded on wires
I remember when St Laurent got all that time in 2011 I think the indictment said St Laurent Sr wanted DeLuca whacked because DeLuca was going around saying he was a govt informant.
Wouldn't Manocchio have to sanction St Laurent's hit on Deluca?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

According to st laurent he had the ok to kill DeLuca and even promised a guy his button. The guy who was promised his button was being recorded by another guy who flipped this is all public info. The articles are somewhere. DeLuca was calling st laurent a rat because of some shit. But baby shacks gave Saint the ok so DeLuca was wrong. Saint did like 10yrs on shake downs so I doubt he ever ratted. He could have gave up a old murder or 2 and got a free ride
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

davidf1989 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:01 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:51 am
Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 am The old boards had DeLuca as the underboss when in reality he was only a soldier around 2007-12. I can't remember him ever saying he was a capo under baby shacks. Sounds like they didn't like each other. On top st laurent had the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006 but couldn't get anyone to do it. That was all recorded on wires
I remember when St Laurent got all that time in 2011 I think the indictment said St Laurent Sr wanted DeLuca whacked because DeLuca was going around saying he was a govt informant.
Wouldn't Manocchio have to sanction St Laurent's hit on Deluca?
St. Laurent did get the ok according to the doj press release when he got sentenced
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:35 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am
miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:43 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:22 am After the 30 min mark, O'Donnell told Luigi Manocchio in his last prison stint, "you're going to die in prison louie"
Louie- "I got to do die somewhere O'Donnell..."
It seems maybe, O'Donnell tried to get Louie to flip on more than on occasion, but Louie was not having it. It seemed O'Donnell didn't try that hard, though.
What I'll always say about O'Donnell is that he was legit. A lot of these guys in law enforcement love to brag about the " old days " and what they did big arrests, investigations, surveillance, etc. But Steve really was in the trenches and did it. He was as legit a cop as they come. You have to remember he went after Harold Tillinghast when the Ouimette faction was on their last leg. He was able to infiltrate them.

At the same time his rival among law enforcement was Brendan Doherty, who was a fellow trooper. Brendan spent a ton of time working Louie. He'd visit him frequently at Casa Christine to try and talk to him. So I think by the time O'donnell was in position to talk to Louie, it had already been tried. He was never going to talk.
How did he infiltrate Gerard's crew? Was this before or after Harold and Gerry went away for the Basmanjian hit?
It was in the early 90's. Steve had done some work in the prisons early in his career when Harold and Jerry were in there. Harold was out on probation and Steve went undercover to pitch him some bookmaking opportunities so the intelligence unit could get into the inner circle of the Patriarca's. That's when Harold plugged Steve in with some bookmakers that were under Jerry's flag while in prison.
Wow so Jerry still had some operations going on while he was away all that time. I know Jerry got pinched in the early 2000's for bookmaking. Something about a flea market and a gambling operation or something. I read his book and thought it was good. Better than Gerard's book. I also was watching him on YT before he died. He seemed like a good guy, stand up and solid as a rock.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:02 am
miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:35 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am
miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:43 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:22 am After the 30 min mark, O'Donnell told Luigi Manocchio in his last prison stint, "you're going to die in prison louie"
Louie- "I got to do die somewhere O'Donnell..."
It seems maybe, O'Donnell tried to get Louie to flip on more than on occasion, but Louie was not having it. It seemed O'Donnell didn't try that hard, though.
What I'll always say about O'Donnell is that he was legit. A lot of these guys in law enforcement love to brag about the " old days " and what they did big arrests, investigations, surveillance, etc. But Steve really was in the trenches and did it. He was as legit a cop as they come. You have to remember he went after Harold Tillinghast when the Ouimette faction was on their last leg. He was able to infiltrate them.

At the same time his rival among law enforcement was Brendan Doherty, who was a fellow trooper. Brendan spent a ton of time working Louie. He'd visit him frequently at Casa Christine to try and talk to him. So I think by the time O'donnell was in position to talk to Louie, it had already been tried. He was never going to talk.
How did he infiltrate Gerard's crew? Was this before or after Harold and Gerry went away for the Basmanjian hit?
It was in the early 90's. Steve had done some work in the prisons early in his career when Harold and Jerry were in there. Harold was out on probation and Steve went undercover to pitch him some bookmaking opportunities so the intelligence unit could get into the inner circle of the Patriarca's. That's when Harold plugged Steve in with some bookmakers that were under Jerry's flag while in prison.
Wow so Jerry still had some operations going on while he was away all that time. I know Jerry got pinched in the early 2000's for bookmaking. Something about a flea market and a gambling operation or something. I read his book and thought it was good. Better than Gerard's book. I also was watching him on YT before he died. He seemed like a good guy, stand up and solid as a rock.
He did. I believe he ran a lot through his brother John aside from Harold. Stand up guy tho. They don't make them like Jerry anymore.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 am Yeah, it sounded to me like DeLuca wanted to become an undercover CI and become boss while doing so as well
isnt the prevailing wisdom on here that luigi m is a rat? Or do I have that wrong? thanks
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:49 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 am Yeah, it sounded to me like DeLuca wanted to become an undercover CI and become boss while doing so as well
isnt the prevailing wisdom on here that luigi m is a rat? Or do I have that wrong? thanks
Blasphemous.
Jesus Christ dude. I honestly want to be a Wiseguy on you but I’ll give you a pass. I want what your smoking
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Farthest guy from
A rat in the mafia still alive today
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Baby Shacks is a rat? Where did that come up?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

There was a whole discussion about the idea of baby shacks being a rat on this forum. Here is the link below.

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... hio+flemmi

The source is from Flemmi's debriefings in Rifleman and I actually thought he was lying about Manocchio being a rat since it was John Connolly the fbi agent who handled him and Bulger who arrested Salemme in New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

davidf1989 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:05 pm
There was a whole discussion about the idea of baby shacks being a rat on this forum. Here is the link below.

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... hio+flemmi

The source is from Flemmi's debriefings in Rifleman and I actually thought he was lying about Manocchio being a rat since it was John Connolly the fbi agent who handled him and Bulger who arrested Salemme in New York.
Thank, I have read about it on here in the past, but it never seemed to have much support. I'm going to read that thread again because I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

How many made men were informants were in the Patriarca crime family was it just Joseph Napolitano, Sonny Mercurio, possibly Salvatore Caruana, Frank Salemme, bobby deluca and Mark Rossetti? I might be missing a few.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Re: Насколько мощна семья Патриарка сейчас?

Post by Nurzhamba »

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:46 pm Сколько мужчин были информаторами в преступной семье Патриарка, это были просто Джозеф Наполитано, Сонни Меркурио, возможно, Сальваторе Каруана, Фрэнк Салемме, Бобби делука и Марк Россетти? Возможно, мне не хватает нескольких. [/цитата]
John Castagna