How powerful is the Patriarca family now?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: How powerful is the Patriarca family now?

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:37 pm I remember in the real deal days

A very knowledgeable Boston poster , jerry b?? , was satin on how after Rossetti flipped the NE fam was gonna be decimated

That was before Spucky and the Di Nunzio brothers were even in thr well known picture

Rosetti was consigliere I believe
But I don’t think he did as much damage as believed he would.

Most of NE leaders are all on the street now
Rossetti’s information pipeline allowed the Feds to dismantle certain operations in Boston…maybe not decimated but their at a standing 8 count
Who were the players at this time???
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Scott Burnstein just did a podcast on with a former RI LE named O'Donnell discussing Latos new position as UB. I haven't finished it yet. But enjoy it so far, being about quarter of the way through.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

After the 30 min mark, O'Donnell told Luigi Manocchio in his last prison stint, "you're going to die in prison louie"
Louie- "I got to do die somewhere O'Donnell..."
It seems maybe, O'Donnell tried to get Louie to flip on more than on occasion, but Louie was not having it. It seemed O'Donnell didn't try that hard, though.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:22 am After the 30 min mark, O'Donnell told Luigi Manocchio in his last prison stint, "you're going to die in prison louie"
It seems maybe, O'Donnell tried to get Louie to flip on more than on occasion, but Louie was not having it. It seemed O'Donnell didn't try that hard, though.
I listened to the episode and I thought that it was interesting that deluca became an informant to remove Louie from the position of boss.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

davidf1989 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:39 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:22 am After the 30 min mark, O'Donnell told Luigi Manocchio in his last prison stint, "you're going to die in prison louie"
I listened to the episode and I thought that it was interesting that deluca became an informant to remove Louie from the position of boss.
Yeah, I just finished it. I feel like Lato is not going to get indicted from the Hanrahan hit, but O'Donnell just doesn't want to give Lato that satisfaction.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Yeah, it sounded to me like DeLuca wanted to become an undercover CI and become boss while doing so as well
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

What I'll always say about O'Donnell is that he was legit. A lot of these guys in law enforcement love to brag about the " old days " and what they did big arrests, investigations, surveillance, etc. But Steve really was in the trenches and did it. He was as legit a cop as they come. You have to remember he went after Harold Tillinghast when the Ouimette faction was on their last leg. He was able to infiltrate them.

At the same time his rival among law enforcement was Brendan Doherty, who was a fellow trooper. Brendan spent a ton of time working Louie. He'd visit him frequently at Casa Christine to try and talk to him. So I think by the time O'donnell was in position to talk to Louie, it had already been tried. He was never going to talk.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:43 am
What I'll always say about O'Donnell is that he was legit. A lot of these guys in law enforcement love to brag about the " old days " and what they did big arrests, investigations, surveillance, etc. But Steve really was in the trenches and did it. He was as legit a cop as they come. You have to remember he went after Harold Tillinghast when the Ouimette faction was on their last leg. He was able to infiltrate them.

At the same time his rival among law enforcement was Brendan Doherty, who was a fellow trooper. Brendan spent a ton of time working Louie. He'd visit him frequently at Casa Christine to try and talk to him. So I think by the time O'donnell was in position to talk to Louie, it had already been tried. He was never going to talk.
How did he infiltrate Gerard's crew? Was this before or after Harold and Gerry went away for the Basmanjian hit?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am
miggy9 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:43 am

How did he infiltrate Gerard's crew? Was this before or after Harold and Gerry went away for the Basmanjian hit?
It was in the early 90's. Steve had done some work in the prisons early in his career when Harold and Jerry were in there. Harold was out on probation and Steve went undercover to pitch him some bookmaking opportunities so the intelligence unit could get into the inner circle of the Patriarca's. That's when Harold plugged Steve in with some bookmakers that were under Jerry's flag while in prison.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 am Yeah, it sounded to me like DeLuca wanted to become an undercover CI and become boss while doing so as well
Would the crime family have accepted Deluca as boss? Also did he know Flemmi from prison?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

The old boards had DeLuca as the underboss when in reality he was only a soldier around 2007-12. I can't remember him ever saying he was a capo under baby shacks. Sounds like they didn't like each other. On top st laurent had the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006 but couldn't get anyone to do it. That was all recorded on wires
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

There was no love loss between Bobby and Shacks. Because of Bobby's close relationship with Salemme, Bobby was looked at by the RI guys as not being loyal. He always seemed to favor Boston. I think its documented somewhere where there were several occasions where Deluca outright ignored orders that came from Prov and would only follow what Salemme had to say.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

davidf1989 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:46 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 am Yeah, it sounded to me like DeLuca wanted to become an undercover CI and become boss while doing so as well
Would the crime family have accepted Deluca as boss? Also did he know Flemmi from prison?
Honestly other people on here could answer that question better than I could
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 am The old boards had DeLuca as the underboss when in reality he was only a soldier around 2007-12. I can't remember him ever saying he was a capo under baby shacks. Sounds like they didn't like each other. On top st laurent had the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006 but couldn't get anyone to do it. That was all recorded on wires
I remember when St Laurent got all that time in 2011 I think the indictment said St Laurent Sr wanted DeLuca whacked because DeLuca was going around saying he was a govt informant.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:08 am Scott Burnstein just did a podcast on with a former RI LE named O'Donnell discussing Latos new position as UB. I haven't finished it yet. But enjoy it so far, being about quarter of the way through.
Which Podcast?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP