General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:01 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:56 am
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:43 am Tony, checkout the fb group, someone just posted a pic that appears to be albie vena from his cnote days.
That's definitely him. Thanks for the heads up, Funk. Made me restart my Facebook just to see it (if only for five minutes)!
I saw that picture too. Definitely him Albie. Did you see the 12th street player pictures with Paul Caparelli? I just attached both
The middle pic I've seen before but the top one I hadn't (nice pic).

People on the Chicago gang group that the C-Notes pic was posted to were trying to say that the guy all the way on the right was Joey Lombardo (lol).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm
Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am
Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 am
Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:03 am
Some of the Intel about Outfit's involvement in the prostitution rackets came from Bernard Liebling. He was a restaurant owner who owed the Outift a large gambling debt. Action Jackson threatened him, so he turned to the FBI. Liebling was a prolific source. He might have supplied more Intel about the Outfit's penetration of legitimate businesses in the early 1960s than any other live source. Liebling furnished confidential info about Outfit's hierarchy and territory breakdown though that Intel was sometimes inaccurate. His symbol code was CG 6443.
Great info. Do I sense a future Rat Trap piece coming out?
Thanks Rick. Funny you should ask. There wasn't much on Liebling, but I tried to put together a story.

http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/infliebling.html
Just read it. Another home run. Great reading and very informative.
Thanks Rick. It means a lot. You're the "Man" on this forum.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:15 pm
Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm
Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am
Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 am
Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:03 am
Some of the Intel about Outfit's involvement in the prostitution rackets came from Bernard Liebling. He was a restaurant owner who owed the Outift a large gambling debt. Action Jackson threatened him, so he turned to the FBI. Liebling was a prolific source. He might have supplied more Intel about the Outfit's penetration of legitimate businesses in the early 1960s than any other live source. Liebling furnished confidential info about Outfit's hierarchy and territory breakdown though that Intel was sometimes inaccurate. His symbol code was CG 6443.
Great info. Do I sense a future Rat Trap piece coming out?
Thanks Rick. Funny you should ask. There wasn't much on Liebling, but I tried to put together a story.

http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/infliebling.html
Just read it. Another home run. Great reading and very informative.
He's literally "the Man Out West".
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:33 pm
Is Red persona non grata on the fb page now? I see the goof Ethan Benning posted a video of a Wemette Q&A and Luzi and Bill Farris both made cracks about not watching it.
The other admin blocked him a long time ago. I guess they didn't like all the self-promotion.
I think that would be Soliai here, but appreciate the sentiment. :)
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:56 pm
B, thekidyouknow and me, we've got the west coast covered :lol:
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:13 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:33 pm
Is Red persona non grata on the fb page now? I see the goof Ethan Benning posted a video of a Wemette Q&A and Luzi and Bill Farris both made cracks about not watching it.
The other admin blocked him a long time ago. I guess they didn't like all the self-promotion.
I think that would be Soliai here, but appreciate the sentiment. :)
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:56 pm
B, thekidyouknow and me, we've got the west coast covered :lol:
Of course, this is Soliai's world. :D (enough of the compliments-editor)
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

You guys may find this interesting (in the charts section): viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8925
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Chuckle Miceli is on the original Gangsters podcast with Scott Burnstein. I saw it pop up this morning. Haven't listened yet.
https://open.spotify.com/show/3QecItpMu ... =copy-link
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:40 am Chuckle Miceli is on the original Gangsters podcast with Scott Burnstein. I saw it pop up this morning. Haven't listened yet.
https://open.spotify.com/show/3QecItpMu ... =copy-link
Thanks I will have to watch that. On a side note, did anyone see the interview with Frank Calabrese Jr and Adam from coffee with Culotta? Frank Jr made an interesting statement that guys like Sonny Franzese and Ray Patriarca Jr who were serving time in the same prison as Frank Jr and Frank Sr, told his dad that he was doing good time in prison. Curious if Frank Jr has ever talked about his dealings with these east coast guys before
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I watched the interview and noticed that too. Hadn't heard about his time with Franzese or Patriarca before, but it makes sense.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:29 pm I watched the interview and noticed that too. Hadn't heard about his time with Franzese or Patriarca before, but it makes sense.
What do you and the other more astute chicago researchers think of this Miceli guy? He makes some bold claims on some fb group i was reading some material he posted. Is it worth listening to?
I mean I'm not saying he's lying. But he's like a woman who was sexually harassed in 2000 and makes a claim of it now because he's worth money now. Why hasn't he shared this info more broadly?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:27 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:29 pm I watched the interview and noticed that too. Hadn't heard about his time with Franzese or Patriarca before, but it makes sense.
What do you and the other more astute chicago researchers think of this Miceli guy? He makes some bold claims on some fb group i was reading some material he posted. Is it worth listening to?
I mean I'm not saying he's lying. But he's like a woman who was sexually harassed in 2000 and makes a claim of it now because he's worth money now. Why hasn't he shared this info more broadly?
viewtopic.php?p=220762#p220762
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

IMO he is about 95% full of shit.

The claim that John Difronzo sent guys after him to collect $25 was so ludicrous it ruined all credibility for me.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:55 am IMO he is about 95% full of shit.

The claim that John Difronzo sent guys after him to collect $25 was so ludicrous it ruined all credibility for me.
Yeah, that was definitely BS. DiFronzo would have had more respect for a guy who was a member of the Graziano Crime Family and also a lieutenant in the combined Gambino/Colombo superfamily who was additionally a relative of Giancana, Gigante, and Gotti.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Honestly, this guy is so uncredible that I wouldn't even have him on a podcast to begin with. The equivalent to having Alex Jones on a news program as a legitimate source of information.

And this was the guy who was supposed to get Joey Lombardo off the hook? The government would have done damage to themselves even putting him on the stand. He would have been crushed in cross-examination.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Ok then that solves that for me. I will not be listening to this one. Much respect to Scott and having unique people on tell their stories but this the 1% category of his show(s) that I will not listen to