General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:26 pm They were close to the Bonannos and Jim Colletti was an ex-Bonanno member. Very close to the KC and STL Families too. A lot we don't know about them, especially with the info about the Northern Italian Senator in Wyoming they might have made.

Would bet the house they were a very small Family who selectively made members in the various towns in their jurisdiction without a huge concentration of "soldiers". There were members in Pueblo, Trinidad, Canon City, Denver, and possibly Rock Springs WY. Like we see with most small Families, other Families dealt mostly with the leadership.

I think in the Chicago origins thread we found the Palazzo Adriano element in the Chicago Family was connected to the one in Colorado. Would bet that's true for Burgio/Villafranca too as Cavita said the Rockford mafia had connections to Colorado via Villafranca.
Yeah, the DiGiovannis/DeJohns from Palazzo were connected to CO, and Outfit-connected union official Giuseppe Cardinale was naturalized in Trinidad, CO. I believe the latter was a relative of the infamous Sam “Diavolo” Cardinale and thus from Bivona.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Tony, checkout the fb group, someone just posted a pic that appears to be albie vena from his cnote days.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:43 am Tony, checkout the fb group, someone just posted a pic that appears to be albie vena from his cnote days.
That's definitely him. Thanks for the heads up, Funk. Made me restart my Facebook just to see it (if only for five minutes)!
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:56 am
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:43 am Tony, checkout the fb group, someone just posted a pic that appears to be albie vena from his cnote days.
That's definitely him. Thanks for the heads up, Funk. Made me restart my Facebook just to see it (if only for five minutes)!
Lol yup! Funny it was linked from a vanished Chicago post.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:56 am Since the issue of prostitution came up in the Chicago origins thread I think it's worth exploring.

Murray Humphreys clearly looks down on prostitution and denied that Gus Alex was involved in it:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20chicago

Informant T-4 said Frank LaPorte used to be involved in prostitution:

Fred Morelli ran four houses of prostitution for Capone:

The Chicago Crime Commission asserted that Gus Alex, Louis Arger and Louis Tornabene had a prostitution racket at the Sante Fe Hotel:

An informant involved with prostitution reported that Lenny Patrick told her organization to expand by obtaining more girls for prostitution or else they would get into trouble:

An informant says that Louis Arger, a lieutenant of Gus Alex, collects money from strip clubs that are involved with prostitution:

A prostitute or former prostitute says that she has worked for Joe Aiuppa and Jimmy Allegretti in the past and serviced some members of the Chicago White Sox:
Some of the Intel about Outfit's involvement in the prostitution rackets came from Bernard Liebling. He was a restaurant owner who owed the Outift a large gambling debt. Action Jackson threatened him, so he turned to the FBI. Liebling was a prolific source. He might have supplied more Intel about the Outfit's penetration of legitimate businesses in the early 1960s than any other live source. Liebling furnished confidential info about Outfit's hierarchy and territory breakdown though that Intel was sometimes inaccurate. His symbol code was CG 6443.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:03 am
Some of the Intel about Outfit's involvement in the prostitution rackets came from Bernard Liebling. He was a restaurant owner who owed the Outift a large gambling debt. Action Jackson threatened him, so he turned to the FBI. Liebling was a prolific source. He might have supplied more Intel about the Outfit's penetration of legitimate businesses in the early 1960s than any other live source. Liebling furnished confidential info about Outfit's hierarchy and territory breakdown though that Intel was sometimes inaccurate. His symbol code was CG 6443.
Great info. Do I sense a future Rat Trap piece coming out?
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 am
Thanks Rick. Funny you should ask. There wasn't much on Liebling, but I tried to put together a story.

http://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/infliebling.html
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am
Thanks Rick. Funny you should ask. There wasn't much on Liebling, but I tried to put together a story.

Nice!
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:08 pm

Nice!
Tony,

You might recall, we briefly chatted about Liebling a year or two ago. Just writing about him now.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ed wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:13 pm

Nice!
Tony,

You might recall, we briefly chatted about Liebling a year or two ago. Just writing about him now.
I do, and glad to see that you were able to write something up on him.

I'm sure I speak for others in saying that I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the early 1970s member informant as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I saw that picture too. Definitely him Albie. Did you see the 12th street player pictures with Paul Caparelli? I just attached both
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 pm

Nice!
Tony,

I'm sure I speak for others in saying that I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the early 1970s member informant as well.
Which one is Paulie in the top pic? I don't have my glasses with me lol
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:01 pm
I saw that picture too. Definitely him Albie. Did you see the 12th street player pictures with Paul Caparelli? I just attached both
Ha! Missed those.

Is Red persona non grata on the fb page now? I see the goof Ethan Benning posted a video of a Wemette Q&A and Luzi and Bill Farris both made cracks about not watching it.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Just read it. Another home run. Great reading and very informative.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:30 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 pm

Nice!
Tony,

Which one is Paulie in the top pic? I don't have my glasses with me lol
He’s the one in the red shirt on the top one. On the second picture he is the one behind the guy in front. I’m sure Mike Polchan is in the top picture too but it’s to blurry for me to pick him out