N.J. Genoveses Beaten Down in Manalapan

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DannyTrio
Straightened out

Re: N.J. Genoveses Beaten Down in Manalapan

Post by DannyTrio »

Cheech wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:45 am to be fair 2 made guys said it, sammy and pennissi. calandra no made. i wouldnt be surprised if these guys just piggy backed off the first story of barry.

danny has been a long standing member in good respect and has always stood by his belief. if danny says he isnt i believe him.
Much Appreciated Cheech!
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:47 am
TSNYC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:29 am He was charged as being a Genovese associate (under Sal Lombardi) back in the early 1990s. His coDs were Steve Crea, Dom Truscello, Lombardi, Johnny G, and Corky Vastola.

Law enforcement def Carries him as made at this point.
All things considered in just this thread alone, I don't think it can even be debated at this point.

No idea when he was made or how long he's been a captain but I wonder if he was the captain Anthony Palumbo was acting for, i.e. them both coming from the Lombardi, Napoli, etc. crew in Brooklyn?
Yep. In his video Pennisi even used the pic of Barry gmms posted on here.

Also, didn't pogo already have a 'Barry LNU' on the chart before Pennisi mentioned him? I may be remembering that wrong.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Funny looks like 80s former nj wiseguy Sam Pica commented on the video . Whats the story on Pica again?

Sam Pica
Sam Pica
1 day ago
Bobby is a close friend and a class act. Good choice jimmy. Paulie and Bobby are top shelf.👍🏻🙏🏻

Jimmy Calandra A Bath Avenue Story
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Funny, I noted Sam Pica, also. He is a Belleville guy with the Gambinos that did some time. When after doing time he was pinched on a drug charge, he allegedly flipped but did not testify. He was a bodybuilder and would spend time around the gym and some of the local wrestlers. A real deal Lucchese guy came around a relative and my and stated he went bad. It was hard to believe. He is down somewhere in Brick Township. Doesn't mean it's him - someone could be tagging themselves as Pica.
It appears I'm no longer blocked by Calandra but I just believe that and administrative miss when he maybe reformatted his show. I posted that it sounds like he got the story from the FEDS and he responded back with an emoji.
Don't mess with bikers? I reminded him they are all up each others asses in prison, even the worst of enemies, and proceeded to cite off almost 10 cars and gangs that will surely mess with them. Bikers - in general, and with exception - are bullies. Lot's of bar fights with civilians.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:45 am Funny, I noted Sam Pica, also. He is a Belleville guy with the Gambinos that did some time. When after doing time he was pinched on a drug charge, he allegedly flipped but did not testify. He was a bodybuilder and would spend time around the gym and some of the local wrestlers. A real deal Lucchese guy came around some friends of mine and stated he went bad. It was hard to believe. He is down somewhere in Brick Township. Doesn't mean it's him - someone could be tagging themselves as Pica.
It appears I'm no longer blocked by Calandra, but I just believe that an administrative miss when he maybe reformatted his show. I posted that it sounds like he got the story from the FEDS and he responded back with a laughing/crying emoji.
Don't mess with bikers he states? I reminded him they are all up each others asses in prison, even the worst of enemies, and proceeded to cite almost 10 cars and gangs that will surely mess with them. Bikers - in general, and with exception - are bullies. Lots of bar fights with civilians.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 am Also, didn't pogo already have a 'Barry LNU' on the chart before Pennisi mentioned him? I may be remembering that wrong.

Correct. The info came from JD. An informant (not Pennisi) mentioned a 'Barry' as a Genovese member in his debriefings.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Rocco wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:26 am Barry has been around forever and I always assumed he was a made guy? Has had ownership in many clubs and restaurants since the 70s both in NY and NJ. Below is a little info on him from 1990

"In January 1990, Corky Vastola, a Member of the New Jersey DeCavalcante Crime Family, was a partner with Gravano and others in a construction project in Staten Island and received his shares of the moneys from a Genovese Family associate named Barry Nicolo. Johnny D'Amato, the Underboss of the DeCavalcante Family, told Gravano that that family believed Vastola was "cooperating" and sought his assistance in killing him. Gravano decided that, with the help of Nicolo, Vastola could be lured to a place where he could be killed.

In order to use Nicolo the Gambino Family had to get permission from the Genovese Family. Gravano, then Underboss of the Gambino Family, spoke to Mangano, Underboss of the Genovese Family, about obtaining permission. Mangano said he could not make that decision but would have to "touch base" with Gigante. After a day or two Gigante told Mangano that he would have approved the request had it come from the Gambino Family, but that he refused to give such permission to the DeCavalcante Family because Vastola was a problem of that Family's own making. Mangano so reported to Gravano."

Sammy talked about Barry and this story in this video:

https://youtu.be/jcGvIb6z3F0
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

The story is hard to believe to begin with and Jimmy told the story with that same smirk that all these rats have when they try to downplay the mafia this day and age. The rats do this because they are still miserable that they are out of the life.

In terms of the pagans being tough, no doubt about it they are, but if the story is true, I doubt the Genovese people are waking up this morning scared of the Pagans. I’d still venture to say that if the Genocese wanted to, they could get those guys touched in a dozen of different ways. Aren’t the Pagans currently at war with the Hells Angels in New York?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

no one thought creas son was a member or chins 2 sons. they all are.......
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

dave wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:33 pm
mr white wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm Just saw this, interesting story, in the comments some people say that the owner turned down a button 50 times. If the owner isn't made the guys around him who walked over and started this stuff with the bikers probably aren't either, and I'm betting they're younger guys who had the balls inside that place to say whatever they said but now they've got a situation on their hands where somebody could get killed. I'm wondering if this was Pagans. If so, you don't want those guys in your bushes outside at night and they are clearly fearless of the guys who told them to leave or take off their vests. Genovese-affiliated or not, I wouldn't want to be in their situation trying to figure out what to do next and how to become safe again themselves...this is probably the first time those guys have ever had to truly worry about anyone else...
He said the owner is Barry Nicolo, who is a Genovese Capo. Its the Barry with the clubhouse in Coney Island who John Pennisi had talked about.

Looking at pics of the place on Instagram, it looks pretty high end. No surprise they felt they had to say something to the bikers.

A few pics for those without Instagram:

Some absolute smoke shows there, nice!
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Are tanning salons a good business out East ?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:25 pm
DannyTrio wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:17 pm What’s really funny about this story and others is that they keep referring to Barry Nicholo as a made member or captain in the Genovese family!..I’m not as smart as a lot of you guys on this forum but I can say this I was born and raised in Coney Island and know Barry all my life and yeah he was asked a lot of times to be part of that but turned it down!..Thats what I know first hand!..Jus sayin!..and for the record Barry wasn’t at the restaurant when this supposedly happened!

Well, you've been nothing if not consistent in your insistence that Nichilo isn't a Genovese captain.

Admittedly, there's not much out there about him. In fact, the only things I've seen are:

1. An old list mentioning him as a Gambino associate
2. Pennisi identifying him as a Genovese captain
3. Gravano identifying him as a Genovese member
4. Calandra identifying him as a Genovese member

Pre-dating all of this, he was mentioned in that book Born To Steal as being one of the made guys that the character Charlie Riccotone (the unmade associate who was shaking down the author of the book) kind of "reported to" - the book said that the guy Charlie was with the Colombos but would also take 'bigger issues' to Barry because Barry was in a family with more stature basically (I forget the quote verbatim but it was something like "Charlie would take it to Barry who would take it to his Captain who would take it to The Chin")

I could easily see a Genovese guy 'putting out word' to people that he wasn't made or has connections but isn't really involved. Just as I could see someone turn down a button as well. So who knows. If Pennisi says he was introduced to him as a made guy, I would take him at his word; maybe I'm wrong but no matter what he is , he never struck me as a liar and an embellisher. People have been asking Pennisi about the Genovese since he first started coming around and he's only told a small handful of stories involving them, never changed a detail in those stories telling them more than once, won't say he knows Barney or any bullshit like that, etc
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I have the (mis)pleasure of spending a decent amount of time in Manalapan, Marlboro, whatever the hell that area is down RT 9 between Old Bridge and Freehold due to some family moving out there a few years ago and find it funny how many ppl from Brooklyn are out there... and also find it odd how expensive it is. It's really not even that nice. A. busy ass 6 lane highway lined with miles of old strip malls and chain stores, and McMansions from the 80s everywhere. Its a bitch if you have to commute to the city too. For as spacious and quiet as it is, there's a fuck ton of people. Seems pretty densely populated for a place with a country feel. To say it's mostly NY ex-pats doesn't seem to be an exaggeration. I think Calandra himself lives down that way. Crazy to think a lot of wiseguys do too but I guess that makes sense

Any NJ people know if Cafe Luna is a connected spot? i heard that was a Genovese place too
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:23 pm He's in Big Sandy. Those big capital letters tuned up those "actors". Bikers in general are bullies. They too, in prison, are a different story. They cling together - even enemies - as "patch holders" and remain independent - avoid cars and gangs. For all their bravado, they too not much of anything behind bars. Again: the men from the movie stars.

The point, wiseguys don't throw down. In a certain high max security prison, Italians are under the protection of the black N.Y. car and certain Brooklyn hispanic gangbanger with a small crew.

If you don't know: You Just Don't Know.

What matters: Eme, Aryan Circle (?), MS13, Texas Syndicate, Texas AB. (Federal Prison). Bikers and "wiseguys" nothing!!
Bikers are nothing behind bars? You clearly have never been in prison. Bikers have power. They just want LEAVE prison unlike prison gangs.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:28 pm Jimmy Calandra is a total scumbag rat. He's been a brokester since leaving his mother's womb. Turned his life around as he can't earn a dime illegitimately and a rat. View his training video. Maybe he is a better street fighter than MMA. But my goodness, where did he learn to throw a punch.
Agreed. Find the video on his channel where he says he eats loaves of bread each day. He’s so fat and weak. I don’t believe anything he has to say. Liar.
#Let’s Go Brandon!