General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ruggiero
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Ruggiero »

eboli wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:35 am
Ruggiero wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:37 am Does anyone know how a Jewish-American criminal organization would be structured.
Notably Meyer Lansky's Faction he operated in, Mid to Late 60s?

Would it have the exact same hierarchical rankings, if not what would they be?

Ruggs.
Longey Zwillman's organization had a pyramid structure, almost identical to Cosa Nostra. It was: boss -> senior lieutenant(s) -> lieutenants -> underlings. As HK mentioned, the typical Jewish organization seems to have been more spread out.
Appreciate both of you for your inputs. Thanks
Don The Jeweler
Prospect

Post by Don The Jeweler »

Could someone explain me how garbage racket works?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Don The Jeweler wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:28 pm Could someone explain me how garbage racket works?
The garbage racket came down to monopolization. By controlling most of the big waste hauling companies in NYC, the unions that represented their workers, and the industry associations through which it oversaw it all, the mob was able to dictate and inflate prices. Everyone in the mob garbage cartel worked together in their "property rights" system where a hauler had "rights" to a given stop. Didn't matter if the business at that location didn't like paying inflated prices, there was nobody else that would service them. Other haulers in the cartel respected the property rights and any independents would be taking their life in their hands picking up the stop. NYC businesses would just pass on the extra cost to their customers and it was basically psuedo-legit extortion by the mob for decades.
All roads lead to New York.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Anyone have pdfs that they can send of the following indictments? Can't find these on PACER and don't know how long FOIA is going to take. Any help is appreciated.

U.S. vs. Morelli et al., U.S. vs. Reisch et al., U.S. vs. Balagula et al., U.S. vs. Macchia et. al., U.S. vs. Kennon et. al, U.S. vs. Franzese et. al., U.S. vs. Dober et. al., U.S. vs. Aracri, U.S. vs Misulovin, U.S. vs. Kennon et. al., U.S. vs. Pagano et al. (1996), State of New York vs. Levine et. al. State of Florida vs. Franzese et. al.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cant find the thread, but people are reopening the debate on when the books, cough, reopened.

For the record its in testimony that both Vincent Cafaro and George Barone each testified they were made in '74 (pre the 'official' '77 reopening).
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:47 pm Cant find the thread, but people are reopening the debate on when the books, cough, reopened.

For the record its in testimony that both Vincent Cafaro and George Barone each testified they were made in '74 (pre the 'official' '77 reopening).

Cafaro was mistaken. The restuarant where he claimed the ceremony took place didn't open until 1976.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:21 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:04 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:51 pm Why are mobsters told to stay away from stock fraud?
It draws too much heat from the government, and people who get ripped off won't hesitate to run to the FBI.
That's an outdated rule from way back. Obviously the mob was big into stock fraud from the 1990s into the 2000s.
Then of course you had Lombardozzi before that.
ItzPurpleAki
Associate

Post by ItzPurpleAki »

Does anyone have anymore information about Joe Gallo’s family and if his father Umberto was a made man?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Idk if this is the right place but anyone know any good programs to do picture charts.

Always wanted to do one on the Ronnie G crew was gonna use the information from the indictment and Genes book
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Why did the commission consult Joe Bonanno before the Galante hit? Would they have called it off if they didn't get his blessing?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't think they were consulting him as much as warning him not to try anything after it goes down.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Aye someone correct me if I’m wrong but one of the reasons why Big Frank Lastorino was shelved was because of what his son Carl did, right?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:27 pm Aye someone correct me if I’m wrong but one of the reasons why Big Frank Lastorino was shelved was because of what his son Carl did, right?
Nah, it was because of the Patty Testa hit and a conspiracy to hit Bobby Amuso
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 am
Shellackhead wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:27 pm Aye someone correct me if I’m wrong but one of the reasons why Big Frank Lastorino was shelved was because of what his son Carl did, right?
Nah, it was because of the Patty Testa hit and a conspiracy to hit Bobby Amuso
Thanks boss
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Anyone know of a made guy who was killed by another family after his boss gave permission to another family to hit them?
I know of the gambino member from connecticut who was kiled by the west side but I'm looking for others.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game