General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Do you know when they died? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:51 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:54 am I have a question about drug trafficking, that is, how the sale and organization takes place. I am sure that selling shoals or ziplocks on the corner is not the level of the mafia. Although, the Galione team was engaged in the crack trade in Dyker Heights on this principle. For example. take Palmaccio and Puji Festa, they are known for being one of the major drug dealers and high-level or Vinnie Basciano crew. Do you have information about how the sale takes place or approximate schemes? Where I live, in fact, drug trafficking has long been carried out with anonymous caches and through messengers, rarely through "hands-money", so I don't quite understand the principle of drug trafficking in the mafia
:)
If we're talking present-day New York, LCN drug involvement seems to be mostly at the mid-level, i.e. multi-kilo and pound distributors. To a lesser extent above or below. While there are members involved, including high level ones, even today most of it is done at the associate level. At least associates make up the most of those indicted in mob narcotics cases. They're simply going to sell to distributors further down the line, including independent dealers in bars, clubs, etc. The NY families traffic most in marijuana and prescription drugs. You also see frequent cases involving cocaine but not the same volume.
Thank you
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

eboli wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:28 pm
motorfab wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:33 am Does anyone know if Angelo Tuminaro was an associate or a member of the Lucchese family? I also believe that he disappeared after his drug case with his nephews Patsy & Tony Fuca and the French Scalgia & Jehan, did he get killed or did he go on the run?
Both Angelo and Frank Tuminaro were LCN members. The FBI identified them as Lucchese soldiers. Disappear after what case? If you're talking about the 1960 case - they found him in Florida at a dog track.

213.jpg
Ah, thanks eboli, I never really knew what happened to him after the French Connection case and I wasn't sure he was a made man.

The case I was talking about was the case who inspire the movie of William Friedkin, French Connection. It was in 1962 if I recall correctly. The shipement of heroin was supposed to be for him. His nepehews Patsy & Tony Fuca were the buyers, the French contact François Scaglia, the mule Jacques Angelvin (a TV animator) and those who organized the shipement were Jean Jehan & possibly Marius Martin. Both active in Marseille & Montreal and both never convicted.

Anyway, thanks !
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

motorfab wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 pm
eboli wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:28 pm
motorfab wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:33 am Does anyone know if Angelo Tuminaro was an associate or a member of the Lucchese family? I also believe that he disappeared after his drug case with his nephews Patsy & Tony Fuca and the French Scalgia & Jehan, did he get killed or did he go on the run?
Both Angelo and Frank Tuminaro were LCN members. The FBI identified them as Lucchese soldiers. Disappear after what case? If you're talking about the 1960 case - they found him in Florida at a dog track.

213.jpg
Ah, thanks eboli, I never really knew what happened to him after the French Connection case and I wasn't sure he was a made man.

The case I was talking about was the case who inspire the movie of William Friedkin, French Connection. It was in 1962 if I recall correctly. The shipement of heroin was supposed to be for him. His nepehews Patsy & Tony Fuca were the buyers, the French contact François Scaglia, the mule Jacques Angelvin (a TV animator) and those who organized the shipement were Jean Jehan & possibly Marius Martin. Both active in Marseille & Montreal and both never convicted.

Anyway, thanks !
Actually, it was later determined that Angelo Tuminaro was a Genovese member. The FBI listed him as such in the late 1970s. Eboli, if you have seen a newer report specifically listing him as a Lucchese member, please correct me.
His brother Frank was not made. Frank was killed with Frank Gangi in 1968 after the Genovese Family found out that the two of them had killed Charlie Gagliodotti (made member) on the sneak. It was first believed that Gagliodotti had died a natural death but after an informant advised the FBI that he had actually been murdered, investigators dug up his body, did a new coroner exam and found out that Gagliodotto had been strangled to death with probably a plastic bag. It´s possible, the Genovese Family suspected Angelo Tuminaro being behind the murder of Gagliodotto. After that, Angelo disappeared.
There you have it, never printed before.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:46 am Actually, it was later determined that Angelo Tuminaro was a Genovese member. The FBI listed him as such in the late 1970s. Eboli, if you have seen a newer report specifically listing him as a Lucchese member, please correct me.
His brother Frank was not made. Frank was killed with Frank Gangi in 1968 after the Genovese Family found out that the two of them had killed Charlie Gagliodotti (made member) on the sneak. It was first believed that Gagliodotti had died a natural death but after an informant advised the FBI that he had actually been murdered, investigators dug up his body, did a new coroner exam and found out that Gagliodotto had been strangled to death with probably a plastic bag. It´s possible, the Genovese Family suspected Angelo Tuminaro being behind the murder of Gagliodotto. After that, Angelo disappeared.
It's somewhat confusing, to be honest. The feds identified Angelo as a Lucchese member in the 1950s and 1960s. Then they recognized him as Genovese, then back as Lucchese. The last piece of information I found identifying as a Lucchese is from 1988. Even Capeci in Mob Boss refers to him both as a Genovese and Lucchese in different paragraphs. As far as we know, he might've switched families at some point.

1.png
2.png

As for Frank - at the time of his death, he was IDd as a Lucchese member. Then a year later, in 1969, he was referred to as a 'Genovese mobster.' His brother at the time was still IDd as a Lucchese member. My guess is that Frank could have been with the Genovese because Gagliodotto was a Genovese soldier who had lost a sitdown to Frank and Gangi and then killed them before he was murdered himself. I suspect that the feds were never sure about the Tuminaros' affiliation and eventually gave up on labeling them. They list them simply as Cosa Nostra members in recent documents.

3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eboli on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Frank's murder:

4.png

Angelo listed as a Lucchese soldier in 1988:

5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Thanks! i´m still confused though lol.

It looks like I messed up my post above. Yes, Gagliodotti killed Frank Tuminaro and Frank Gangi and was then killed himself in retaliation by ralatives of Tuminaro and/or Gangi on the sneak. Long time ago I read this, sorry.

On Angelo Tuminaro´s disappearence, still in the 1980s, the feds didn´t know where he was and it appears that they were clueless about (if he was dead) that he was dead. In or around 1980 an informant turned secret government agent (I forgot his name) testified that he had been meeting with Tuminaro in mid 1979 down in Florida to plan narcotics transactions. It later turned out that this informant had lied about a lot of things and were not deemed reliable. No info though that he had lied about Tuminaro and the meeting. So Tuminaro´s disappearence, which occured in 1969/1970 is still a mystery.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Indeed it's very confusing. Thanks a lot for your answers guys. I was sure his disappearance had something to do with the drug case I was talking about before, but it seems to be much later.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

When a bookie lays a bet off, who keeps the vig?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Don The Jeweler
Prospect

Post by Don The Jeweler »

What's the process to become a boss? How these guys get into that position? I read in Sammy's book that Gotti got the title after being supported by some captains. I also know that guys like Barney from West Side was putted there by Chin. Is this usually like that?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I was watching Mike & Sammy go at it last night in a podcast on Patrick BDs channel & Sammy said mike has never killed anyone, is there any information on Michael Franzese being linked to a murder back then?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 am I was watching Mike & Sammy go at it last night in a podcast on Patrick BDs channel & Sammy said mike has never killed anyone, is there any information on Michael Franzese being linked to a murder back then?
Sal Miciotta told the FBI that Franzese was involved in the 1978 murder of Americo (LNU). Franzese has indicated that he was involved in murders, but he can't talk about them because he never fully cooperated and doesn't have immunity for them.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/rever ... hbo?page=5
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

Does anyone know how a Jewish-American criminal organization would be structured.
Notably Meyer Lansky's Faction he operated in, Mid to Late 60s?

Would it have the exact same hierarchical rankings, if not what would they be?

Ruggs.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Ruggiero wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:37 am Does anyone know how a Jewish-American criminal organization would be structured.

Ruggs.
I´m by no means an expert but I would think it would be extremely horizontal and its members just loosely affiliated with eachother. Not sure even if Lansky was considered "boss" among the jewish gangsters but definitely the one with the most prestige and most respected. There were jewish gangs during prohibition and some years post it but no jewish formal organized "mafia" like what the Italians had/still has.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Ruggiero wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:37 am Does anyone know how a Jewish-American criminal organization would be structured.

Ruggs.
Longey Zwillman's organization had a pyramid structure, almost identical to Cosa Nostra. It was: boss -> senior lieutenant(s) -> lieutenants -> underlings. As HK mentioned, the typical Jewish organization seems to have been more spread out.