Massino and Vitale

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Luca
Honorary Member

Re: Massino and Vitale

Post by Luca »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:02 pm
Luca wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am Massino has to have major regrets for becoming an informant. He pretty much threw away whatever legacy and reputation he worked his whole life to build. His family has probably been ostracized from there lifelong friends and family, and for what? What did he actually get out of the deal? He’s spent the last 20 years in protective custody eating shitty prison food. He would have been better off just taking his sentence.
It's been confirmed that he's out and living free. He was used in a few trials and got sentenced to time served. On one of the Podcast interviews Cantarella had, he said he knows Massino is out and living by himself somewhere but doesn't know how to get a hold of him. He said if he did, he'd invite Massino to come live with him - because he heard Massino has no contact with his family or essentially anyone else
I did not know this
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Wasn't he only released in 2013 and didn't he only testify at two trials, the Basciano and Anthony Romanello trials? All things considered he got quite the deal. Went from looking at the death penalty to living in Arizona or where ever tf they got him.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:36 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:09 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:36 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:39 pm I can just imagine Massino mad asf saying “I put all that work in for this guy to flip on me? Fuck this I’m flipping too.”
I’m dead serious when I say that Massino realizing what his food situation was going to be for the next 20+ years probably played a role in his decision to cooperate. Massino loved eating food and he loved talking about food. On both occasions he was wired up before going to see Basciano, he ended up complaining about prison food for huge chunks of the conversation.
Don't forget that that fat fuck Coppa too. Those two whales would have thrown their mothers under a bus for an all you can eat buffett :D
The surveillance pic of Massino and Coppa together walking out of a building that looks like it has a marble facade is actually the City Diner on Grand Ave in Maspeth. Despite the feds having to stake the place out for 7 hours in order to catch them coming out for that picture, there's a high probability that there was nothing illegitimate about their meeting and they were literally just getting something to eat together.

Massino is resting his right hand on his stomach :lol:
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm Wasn't he only released in 2013 and didn't he only testify at two trials, the Basciano and Anthony Romanello trials? All things considered he got quite the deal. Went from looking at the death penalty to living in Arizona or where ever tf they got him.
Yeah exactly. He probably got the best deal out of anyone. Pretty crazy. Actually not probably... he did without a doubt get the best deal out of anyone who's flipped, pound for pound (no pun intended).

I guess his own personal hell is probably being stuck living somewhere that doesn't have good food - but he was also known to enjoy the ready made sandwiches they had in the vending machines at the court, so I'm sure he's adapted
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm Wasn't he only released in 2013 and didn't he only testify at two trials, the Basciano and Anthony Romanello trials? All things considered he got quite the deal. Went from looking at the death penalty to living in Arizona or where ever tf they got him.
One of the things the author of the Basciano book said was that while Massino and Basciano technically did face the death penalty, the chances of a NY jury opting for capital punishment for either of them was basically zero. The Feds just tried to use it as leverage. Every victim of violent crime on behalf of Massino or Basciano was someone in the life. And the only time NY juries ever showed a stomach for sending someone to death row was if a bunch of innocent people were killed. The Queens drug kingpin Supreme McGriff was facing a death row case almost at this exact same time, but like Massino and Basciano, all his violence was done against other violent criminals. And like Basciano, they just decided to send him to Florence ADX.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Think last federal case in nyc to lead to death penalty decision by jury was ronnell Wilson for executing two under cover detectives in Staten Island. Appellate courts later overturned it. I think two different juries may have actually found for the death penalty and each time it was reversed. First time for a technicality and second time because they said he didn’t have mental faculties or something like that.

Massino got a sweet deal. Consider, he took the case to trial. Was convicted of multiple murders. And as a witness he was very limited. Testified against Basciano after basciano had already been hit with a heavy sentence (life? Can’t remember), so that’s like playing with house money.

Years ago I met with his lawyer David Breitbart, and he mentjoned Massino being one of the most weasely and I likable clients he ever represented, for whatever that’s worth.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah Massino failed lie detector tests on 3 different occasions when he was cooperating. The Feds were worried he was full of shit. But some of the agents viewed him as this big affable teddy bear. He’s definitely a slippery guy.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Rocco wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:55 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:36 pm
Rocco wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:09 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:36 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:39 pm I can just imagine Massino mad asf saying “I put all that work in for this guy to flip on me? Fuck this I’m flipping too.”
I’m dead serious when I say that Massino realizing what his food situation was going to be for the next 20+ years probably played a role in his decision to cooperate. Massino loved eating food and he loved talking about food. On both occasions he was wired up before going to see Basciano, he ended up complaining about prison food for huge chunks of the conversation.
Don't forget that that fat fuck Coppa too. Those two whales would have thrown their mothers under a bus for an all you can eat buffett :D
The surveillance pic of Massino and Coppa together walking out of a building that looks like it has a marble facade is actually the City Diner on Grand Ave in Maspeth. Despite the feds having to stake the place out for 7 hours in order to catch them coming out for that picture, there's a high probability that there was nothing illegitimate about their meeting and they were literally just getting something to eat together.

Massino is resting his right hand on his stomach :lol:
I’m reminded of Sopranos Season 1 when Junior and his guard walk across the street with their hands on their respective belly…
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm Went from looking at the death penalty to living in Arizona or where ever tf they got him.
Somewhere along the way I recall hearing he was living in New Mexico.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm Went from looking at the death penalty to living in Arizona or where ever tf they got him.
Did his wife sell the Howard beach house and move out there? Or did she divorce him?
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Rocco wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:37 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 pm
Did his wife sell the Howard beach house and move out there? Or did she divorce him?
I posted Josephine's real estate records in an old post/link on here a while back the last time this came up.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

someone says he wife an daughters disowned him. they never left nyc. he did
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i bet he set his daughters up real good to. he was smart with cash
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

Valuetainment should pull some strings and have Massino and Vitale have a sit down lol
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

I read the Vinny G book recently also and I believe thatJoe was a control freak at heart that's why he turned on Sal and the same thing with Vinny. Gorgeous started to make all the decisions without consulting the panel and Joe and I think that had something to do with it also.