Judge denies Manna early release. Article below

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Judge denies Manna early release. Article below

Post by Shellackhead »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:26 pm From what i read manna was a stone cold lifer. Im sure his family is well off because he joined the lcn. Some of these guys were smart and invested there money. I read in the smoking gun fritzy wiretap manna had a property in manhattan
He seemed to be very smart, I don’t know my knowledge about Genovese guys isn’t good but by his demeanor & rank and control he had he seemed to be a respected & feared guy. Guys probably still look after him & his family due to the respect & weight he had when he was out & that just trickled down to the next generation of guys.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

motorfab wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:02 am My heart is bleeding, poor him.
It's got nothing to do with how you feel. The guy can't even wipe his own ass. The justice system is cherry picking who gets compassionate release. Because people of minority race have been "systematically incarcerated" for as long as their has been a prison system; to make up for it they take it out on someone else's family.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There have been countless mobsters who have gotten early release. Your arguement doesn't hold water. Manna was a high ranknig member who was involved in countless murders and even after his incarceration continued to play a leadership role in OC. He is right wher he belongs. You are not absolved of your life sentence because you get old and sick. When David Berkowitz reaches 90 and is infirm do we let him out of prison?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Jasonjerseycity
Prospect

Post by Jasonjerseycity »

mafiastudent wrote:
100100 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:29 am Liberal or conservative judges shouldn't matter. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Zero sympathy from me.
And that right there is the argument. All of these requests (and I'm talking everyone who has applied for it) are at the "judge's discretion" which is what Sheridan cited from some case law in Manna's denial.

Either give them all compassionate release or don't give any of them compassionate release. Don't pick and choose based on personal feelings which is what "discretion" really boils down to.
100% correct. Bobby did a lot of good for his people in Downtown JC. He is still loved after all this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Brogano wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:41 am All these liberal juges bend over backwards for blacks but if you are white, they could care less. Its disgusting.
Lol so typical…Is that why blacks are incarcerated and convicted at three or four times more than whites? Now, one could agrue “Well, that is because they commit more crimes, duh!” Yes and no. Poverty plays a role in how effective their legal counsel can be, clearly blacks do commit more crimes but also they are incarcerated at higher rates not only because they do but because they are spooks.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Extortion wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 pm
Brogano wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:41 am All these liberal juges bend over backwards for blacks but if you are white, they could care less. Its disgusting.
Lol so typical…Is that why blacks are incarcerated and convicted at three or four times more than whites? Now, one could agrue “Well, that is because they commit more crimes, duh!” Yes and no. Poverty plays a role in how effective their legal counsel can be, clearly blacks do commit more crimes but also they are incarcerated at higher rates not only because they do but because they are spooks.
Yeah but we aren't going solve the high incarceration rate among minorities by keeping a guy over 90 yrs old locked up.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:26 pm From what i read manna was a stone cold lifer. Im sure his family is well off because he joined the lcn. Some of these guys were smart and invested there money. I read in the smoking gun fritzy wiretap manna had a property in manhattan
I think he rented an apartment on Thompson Street to be 'close to the Triangle' - I wonder if he ever purchased a unit or a whole building back then...would have been great for his family for generations to come. But I could easily see him just renting a rent controlled place unofficially from a Greenwich Village old timer who was sympathetic to what Manna was a part of.

I also wonder if the fact that Manna has all but said, through his actions, that he's a LCN lifer, that hindered his compassionate release. Hes not in the best of health, but he also hasn't came out and apologized for the life he lived nor said or done anything to look like hes moved on from the life. Mike Spinelli was involved with one of the most deplorable LCN incidents in modern times and was able to get himself released. Maybe they think Manna would still be in the game. He does have influence and despite how sick he is, they might think he'd exert that influence. If he came out and said he's done with the life and have examples of how he personally bettered himself and the people around him while he was locked up, I bet this would be a different story. Manna has basically told the government and normal society at large to fuck off. Can't expect that same society to now want to welcome him back just because he's old