Judge denies Manna early release. Article below

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Judge denies Manna early release. Article below

Post by Tonyd621 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com ... utType=amp

His lawyer states his ethnicity and tries to compare him to recent members of an African American gang released in Kansas city. Just didn't want to hear it
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Judge denies Manna early release. Article below

Post by furiofromnaples »

He's an 91 old man,all his fellows in the mob are dead and have the Parkinson’s disease,damn he's Sonny Francese that still made extortion at 95 y. Let him died in his bed in his home with his blood family.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Judge* not just.
Yeah, it's because he's Italian and it gets publicity and all these liberal judges con have the public perception of being hard on crime while letting everyone else go. It works out perfectly for them.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 am Judge* not just.
Yeah, it's because he's Italian and it gets publicity and all these liberal judges con have the public perception of being hard on crime while letting everyone else go. It works out perfectly for them.
Totally agree: Justice ain't just especially in this case. Judges do this kinda' crap to garner votes for their next election. Sad but true :(
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Brogano
Prospect

Post by Brogano »

All these liberal juges bend over backwards for blacks but if you are white, they could care less. Its disgusting.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

DeSciscio also is seeking bail pending a habeas petition or in the alternative compassionate release. The government filed its opposition reply Monday. I'm sure that Sheridan isn't going to be very compassionate with him either.

One of the guys that Manna's lawyer cited in his compassionate release was white from Kansas City. The other guy was Black from Harlem. Either way, the circumstances and convictions were very similar to Manna's, and at 92 years old, there is no reason he couldn't have been released as well.

Especially considering the fact that Manna's entire case regarding Schiff (and the gambling charge that prevented them from getting parole) is very suspect.
Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

Liberal or conservative judges shouldn't matter. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Zero sympathy from me.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

100100 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:29 am Liberal or conservative judges shouldn't matter. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Zero sympathy from me.
And that right there is the argument. All of these requests (and I'm talking everyone who has applied for it) are at the "judge's discretion" which is what Sheridan cited from some case law in Manna's denial.

Either give them all compassionate release or don't give any of them compassionate release. Don't pick and choose based on personal feelings which is what "discretion" really boils down to.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:38 am Either give them all compassionate release or don't give any of them compassionate release. Don't pick and choose based on personal feelings which is what "discretion" really boils down to.
Agree.

This is why Law is based on precedent. It is meant to give a consistency in rulings. Discretion is the opposite of precedent. Contradictory.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:21 am DeSciscio also is seeking bail pending a habeas petition or in the alternative compassionate release. The government filed its opposition reply Monday. I'm sure that Sheridan isn't going to be very compassionate with him either.

One of the guys that Manna's lawyer cited in his compassionate release was white from Kansas City. The other guy was Black from Harlem. Either way, the circumstances and convictions were very similar to Manna's, and at 92 years old, there is no reason he couldn't have been released as well.

Especially considering the fact that Manna's entire case regarding Schiff (and the gambling charge that prevented them from getting parole) is very suspect.
I never seen these DA's, law judges,clerks etc file documentation so quickly.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 am
mafiastudent wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:21 am DeSciscio also is seeking bail pending a habeas petition or in the alternative compassionate release. The government filed its opposition reply Monday. I'm sure that Sheridan isn't going to be very compassionate with him either.

Well, DeScisco put in a petition in October and the Government didn't reply so his attorney asked for immediate bail because of that. Instead, the judge gave the government until Nov 22 to reply which they did. So, now it's waiting for the judge's decision. A lot of legal mumbo jumbo in that brief but this is the end of it which I thought was interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:52 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 am

Well, DeScisco put in a petition in October and the Government didn't reply so his attorney asked for immediate bail because of that. Instead, the judge gave the government until Nov 22 to reply which they did. So, now it's waiting for the judge's decision. A lot of legal mumbo jumbo in that brief but this is the end of it which I thought was interesting.
Let me tell you something... It's my opinion, but when it comes to fair and impartial, scales of justice, integrity, humanity, compassion, equity etc whatever there is none of that when it comes to people like Orena, Manna, Locascio, Peter Gotti, they denied Franzese compassionate release at 100 and he stuck it to him-those are just what I know off the top of my head. Look at Nov 18s edition of gangland- 2 out of 3 articles is about withholding evidence and a guy agreeing with prosecutors to take a plea then using dropped charges against him when he is 48 hrs to the door of getting out
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

My heart is bleeding, poor him.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I wonder if he regrets ever joining the mob at this very moment, I wonder if mobsters that were sentenced back in the 80s & still doing time regret ever going down that path 🤔
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

From what i read manna was a stone cold lifer. Im sure his family is well off because he joined the lcn. Some of these guys were smart and invested there money. I read in the smoking gun fritzy wiretap manna had a property in manhattan