"Organized Retail Crime"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: "Organized Retail Crime"

Post by funkster »

Yep, that sounds right.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

It kind of warms my heart a little, as sick as it sounds, to see a flash mob of 35 kids run into a Louis Vuitton or Chanel store and ransack the place. Most of these conglomerate companies who are contributing to the rapid deforestation and desertification of the planet, and these fashion labels who used forced scarcity to sell their bullshit at a 6000% markup - you couldn't pay me to feel bad for them. Fuck em. If local establishments, mom and pops, new small business owners, etc. are getting hit ... that's a different story... but these chains and global fashion brands that are ran by institutional investors? Fuck 'em.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pm It kind of warms my heart a little, as sick as it sounds, to see a flash mob of 35 kids run into a Louis Vuitton or Chanel store and ransack the place. Most of these conglomerate companies who are contributing to the rapid deforestation and desertification of the planet, and these fashion labels who used forced scarcity to sell their bullshit at a 6000% markup - you couldn't pay me to feel bad for them. Fuck em. If local establishments, mom and pops, new small business owners, etc. are getting hit ... that's a different story... but these chains and global fashion brands that are ran by institutional investors? Fuck 'em.

Not to mention how they use cheap foreign labor and even slave labor. This is karma.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I don't like those companies either bit I'd still like to see one of this flash mob thieves get their head taken off with a shotgun.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:44 pm I don't like those companies either bit I'd still like to see one of this flash mob thieves get their head taken off with a shotgun.
This is the correct reaction to this phenomenon. :lol:

If it's shotgun blasts for the boosters, what's you prescription for those at the top of the rings?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:44 pm I don't like those companies either bit I'd still like to see one of this flash mob thieves get their head taken off with a shotgun.

If it's shotgun blasts for the boosters, what's you prescription for those at the top of the rings?
The brazen bull
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:56 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm

The brazen bull
:lol:

I was thinking this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_eagle
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:05 pmI was thinking this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_eagle
Ragnar would approve.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:38 pm I had a friend I went to college with that worked at Victoria Secret. She told me she almost got fired once because she tried to physically stop someone shoplifting over $1000 worth of merchandise. Victorias Secret company policy was not to allow any employees to try and stop shop lifting. Apparently it had something to do with insurance. They are only allowed to call security or the police.
A frenid of mines son was a manager at a sporting goods store and was fired for detaining a shoplifter

they dont want something like this to happen
https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsaf ... d/2287790/
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

This is why Walgreens had to close 5 stores in San Francisco. Thieves can't be detained. Good luck getting the cops to track them down. There were videos of people literally coming in and just taking stuff and walking right past with security and other people standing there watching.

If I were the management of one of these stores/companies, I'd be pissed. You pay taxes, personal and corporate, so the government protects you from this kind of stuff. But if the government can't (or won't), then what? I understand a company not wanting to be sued if something goes wrong but you can only take so many losses before having to shut your doors.

I honestly don't feel the least bit sorry for the DVD thief who died in that linked article. And then the law turns around and prosecutes the Wal-Mart employees. Even if you hate big companies like Chanel or Wal-Mart, there is an effect on the rank and file employees. The ones who worked at those 5 Walgreens stores in SF, I wonder what they did when their stores closed.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Having looked over several of these cases now, it looks like the people at the top are ending up with cash equivalent to about 10% of the sale price of all the stolen goods.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Ivan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:25 pm Having looked over several of these cases now, it looks like the people at the top are ending up with cash equivalent to about 10% of the sale price of all the stolen goods.
Jesus. I know there's a lot of moving parts and overhead here but I figured it'd be a little more than that. I remember a case out of Detroit where an old lady - beloved by everyone in the neighborhood - was running a huge shoplifting ring out of the bar she owned, using junkies to do the legwork and paying them just enough to get high. Regular people were coming into her bar to buy hot goods, including perishable foods.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Nicky Scarfo Jr had a country club theft ring racket back in 2009 that got busted as well, that clown Todd Stark was always in Nicky Jr’s crew:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/lo ... _ring.html

-Dante
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:25 pm Having looked over several of these cases now, it looks like the people at the top are ending up with cash equivalent to about 10% of the sale price of all the stolen goods.
Jesus. I know there's a lot of moving parts and overhead here but I figured it'd be a little more than that. I remember a case out of Detroit where an old lady - beloved by everyone in the neighborhood - was running a huge shoplifting ring out of the bar she owned, using junkies to do the legwork and paying them just enough to get high. Regular people were coming into her bar to buy hot goods, including perishable foods.
That's the legit retail price like you'd see in Walgreens for brand-new shit I was referring to, not the price they are sold by these rings, which is often like half off or even more. So if you go by the illegitimate street (or shitty popup Amazon vendor, or whatever) price of the goods it's more than 10%. The massive markdowns are the whole point of this racket.

Savvy business decision - just enough to get high, and the rest goes to her. Junkies will do anything for a fix.
NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:04 pm Nicky Scarfo Jr had a country club theft ring racket back in 2009 that got busted as well, that clown Todd Stark was always in Nicky Jr’s crew:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/lo ... _ring.html
Thanks for the additional lead! You guys have really come through for me in this thread.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:54 pm Savvy business decision - just enough to get high, and the rest goes to her. Junkies will do anything for a fix.
True, but they'll also rat you out in a second if that's what it takes for them to stay on the street and keep getting high.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”