General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Pete »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:46 am
SolarSolano wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:44 am
Villain wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:44 am Cimino? That name rings a bell...
Dominic Cimino's daughter was Diane Calabrese, wife of Frank Calabrese. He was Chief of Police in Melrose.
Diane was Frank’s second wife, correct?
Correct his longtime goumah then left his wife and built a mansion in oak brook wirh cimino
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Pete wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:29 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:24 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:19 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 am I heard recently from a very good source that Fred “Porky” Pordyla passed away last month. Can anybody else confirm this? It definitely was not in the news. He was in bad shape when I saw him hanging out at Cafe Bionda in the South Loop two years ago so this doesn’t surprise me.
No confirmation that I’ve seen, though he is/was 91 and as you note apparently in poor health for some time. The last update that I had for him was an address on Oak Park Ave in Harwood Heights and that his wife Lorraine nee Burnett died in 2006.

The surname is actually Poradyla, BTW, though the incorrect spelling has been repeated often.
Is he that old? I thought he was in his late 70s or early 80s. He use to go to Cafe Bionda daily so I just figured he lived close to there which is in the South Loop. My friend introduced me to him and he told me he lived not to far from there so I just figured he lived in the Bridgeport/Chinatown area
Born 1928. So far as I know he’s always been a NW side guy (he grew up by Augusta and Noble). Maybe he had some other addresses but the most recent one I saw for him was Harwood Heights.
I doubt he was still living at that address in Harwood Heights. For a guy his age, driving to the south loop everyday would be way to far. And he was there almost everyday. Paulie DiCaro let him eat and drink for free there. They were very close. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved back to the old neighborhood to live out his final years.
Hardwood heights to cafe bionda is only a half hour. Vena lives in Elgin and goes to the west side everyday that’s much farther
Curious about this. Does Vena really still go to the grand ave area daily or even regularly?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 am I heard recently from a very good source that Fred “Porky” Pordyla passed away last month. Can anybody else confirm this? It definitely was not in the news. He was in bad shape when I saw him hanging out at Cafe Bionda in the South Loop two years ago so this doesn’t surprise me.
No confirmation that I’ve seen, though he is/was 91 and as you note apparently in poor health for some time. The last update that I had for him was an address on Oak Park Ave in Harwood Heights and that his wife Lorraine nee Burnett died in 2006.

The surname is actually Poradyla, BTW, though the incorrect spelling has been repeated often.
Is he that old? I thought he was in his late 70s or early 80s. He use to go to Cafe Bionda daily so I just figured he lived close to there which is in the South Loop. My friend introduced me to him and he told me he lived not to far from there so I just figured he lived in the Bridgeport/Chinatown area
Born 1928. So far as I know he’s always been a NW side guy (he grew up by Augusta and Noble). Maybe he had some other addresses but the most recent one I saw for him was Harwood Heights.
I doubt he was still living at that address in Harwood Heights. For a guy his age, driving to the south loop everyday would be way to far. And he was there almost everyday. Paulie DiCaro let him eat and drink for free there. They were very close. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved back to the old neighborhood to live out his final years.
Hardwood heights to cafe bionda is only a half hour. Vena lives in Elgin and goes to the west side everyday that’s much farther
I would say 30 minutes is being a little generous. I don’t think you could make there is less than 40 minutes when there is no traffic. Porky was in bad shape his last 5 years. He could barely walk. Maybe he had a driver. Who knows

I thought Vena was living in Aurora. I don’t the he has made daily trips to the west side for at least 2 years. He definitely doesn’t go to Richard’s anymore
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

And a 2nd follow up question, can we name any other grand Avenue crew members outside of Vena, Spina, and Bobby Dominic? In other words, do we feel that Vena has an active and functioning crew underneath him? Is there still a presence in that portion of town?

I suppose if you added up those guys, the remaining Elmwood Park guys we know are still around, and any unknowns we may not be aware of, you could have a bit of a group there
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:20 pm And a 2nd follow up question, can we name any other grand Avenue crew members outside of Vena, Spina, and Bobby Dominic? In other words, do we feel that Vena has an active and functioning crew underneath him? Is there still a presence in that portion of town?

I suppose if you added up those guys, the remaining Elmwood Park guys we know are still around, and any unknowns we may not be aware of, you could have a bit of a group there
Back in 2020, we made this list. Its a mixture of Grand/EP members and associates...

Grand Av/Elmwood Park/North Side

Albie Vena Boss (allegedly visits Richards Bar)

Tony Dote EP/Grand Av

Carl Dote EP

Bobby Abbinanti EP/Grand Av

Christy Spina Grand Av (owns a lot of property on Grand Ave and possibly owns the Aberdeen Tap on Hubbard and Aberdeen)

Bobby Dominic Grand Av (involvement with Richard's/La Scarola and he either legally or under the table owns or controls that building)

John Matassa Jr. EP/Grand Av (semi-retired)

Rudy Fratto EP (semi-retired)

Anthony Buttitta EP (alleged lieutenant of Fratto)

Dominick Butitta EP

Mike Swiatek Grand Av (semi-retired) (allegedly hangs around Vinnie's Subs or the hardware store next to it)

Tony Ingraffia EP (Tony's Finer Foods)

Dom Gambino EP (Tony's Finer Foods)

Paul Butera Sr EP (Board member of Casa Italia club in Stone Park) (semi-retired)

Mike Lupo Sr (Lupo’s son) EP (semi-retired)

Mike Lupo Jr EP (the Lupo’s own the MDM Equipment Services in EP)

Vince Gumma EP (connected to the Lupo’s and their company)

Pete Volpe EP (member of Casa Italia club in Stone Park)

Bill Tenuta Melrose Park (related to the Andriacchi's, Spina's and Nigro's and involved in prostitution)

Guy Urgo Melrose Park (son of Michael Urgo, who was killed in front of his home while protecting his father-in-law Guido DiChiaro, runs a book in Melrose Park)

Mike Grajewski (owns a restaurant called "Uncle Mike's Place", and he is a Grand Ave associate. His place was also featured in the movie "Last Rites of Joe May". Mike was buddies with Dennis Farina (who starred in the film), which is how that happened)

Nick Saraceno (selling owner signs down Grand Ave, and he was indicted in the early 2000's with William DeDomenico, involved in gambling a fixing games)

Sam Cozzo (Jimmy’s son and lieutenant in Chicago PD)

Rich Bravieri (brother of Joe Bravieri and should be in his 60s)

Mike Schivarelli

Pete Schivarelli

Tony Lumbrazo

Pete LaBalestra

Anthony Quaranta

Robert DiDiana

William Daddono Jr (possibly semi-retired)

Nick Boscarino

Demitri Stavropoulos

Anthony Quaranta

Joseph Giacchino
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

I know for certain that Vena was still shaking down store owners as recent as approx. 5 years ago
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:41 pm

I would say 30 minutes is being a little generous. I don’t think you could make there is less than 40 minutes when there is no traffic. Porky was in bad shape his last 5 years. He could barely walk. Maybe he had a driver. Who knows

I thought Vena was living in Aurora. I don’t the he has made daily trips to the west side for at least 2 years. He definitely doesn’t go to Richard’s anymore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Honk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:13 pm I know for certain that Vena was still shaking down store owners as recent as approx. 5 years ago
Like him personally? Or his guys?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'm no greaseball store owner. I'll step up.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Honk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:13 pm I know for certain that Vena was still shaking down store owners as recent as approx. 5 years ago
Can you get into more details?
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

Sorry, can’t share more details but it was Albie, not his people
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Had to be someone he was confident wouldn’t run to the cops I’m assuming. Shaking down storefronts seems I’ll- advised and an easy way to go to jail for a 60 something gangster.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm Had to be someone he was confident wouldn’t run to the cops I’m assuming. Shaking down storefronts seems I’ll- advised and an easy way to go to jail for a 60 something gangster.
A 70 something gangster now lol. I believe it. We saw Schweihs doing it all the way until he was indicted for family secrets and he was well into his 70s. These guys don’t have retirements. And let’s be honest. The money has dried up. Their former operations are legal now. They are desperate for money. The only ones that wouldn’t take the risk would be the ones with legal money making operations
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Coloboy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm Had to be someone he was confident wouldn’t run to the cops I’m assuming. Shaking down storefronts seems I’ll- advised and an easy way to go to jail for a 60 something gangster.
Like you said it’s gotta be someone he knew wouldn’t turn him. People make jokes based on his age he’s still feared cuz of his reputation. He’s just this little guy but people who know his history wouldn’t cross him
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:41 pm

I never heard about albie living in Aurora but he moves around his family lives at his house in Elgin. It’s amazing it’s super secluded trees cover the entire property and it’s off a main road would be very hard to surveille him there. Anything is possible I heard he got divorced maybe his ex and the kids live there. But he always lives around the general vicinity there he lived in Hanover park and Elgin. He has been laying low I don’t think he’s at richards but he’s on the west side you can believe that. This guy ain’t retiring to Florida. Grand Ave is one of the more active crews and you can see that with all the recent arrests. I changed my opinion a lot over the years I agree with fbi sallet outfit is on fumes.