General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 am Some random findings:

One informant theory put forth for Chuck Nicoletti's murder was that he was the only one of a group of Outfit members (other names not mentioned) to vote "no" on a new business venture.
We have info that Nicoletti wanted for the Outfit to get involved in the dope biz, so I wonder which racket you're talking about? Maybe because Nicoletti was banned from the dope trade, on purpose he went against the video poker machine biz?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:16 am

One informant theory put forth for Chuck Nicoletti's murder was that he was the only one of a group of Outfit members (other names not mentioned) to vote "no" on a new business venture.
We have info that Nicoletti wanted for the Outfit to get involved in the dope biz, so I wonder which racket you're talking about? Maybe because Nicoletti was banned from the dope trade, on purpose he went against the video poker machine biz?
Hard to say as the business venture was not named. As with most LCN-related murders, it is typically an accumulation of offenses rather than one singular reason.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:36 am

One informant theory put forth for Chuck Nicoletti's murder was that he was the only one of a group of Outfit members (other names not mentioned) to vote "no" on a new business venture. It was suggested that Nicoletti wasn't aggressive enough and was unwilling to move over and give up control of some of his rackets. As a result, younger members like Turk Torello and Tony Spilotro had grown impatient. This may have contributed to his murder. Louis Eboli was named as the shooter via an anonymous tip to the FBI.

Butch Petrocelli was registered in area hotels in the days leading up to Frank Bompensiero's murder in 1977. Thomas Ricciardi (Los Angeles LCN associate) was later charged with the murder but died before trial. Petrocelli's involvement, if any, was not put forth.
I thought Chuckie was clipped for the JFK plot? :lol: Kidding. From what I've been told, Buddy Ciotti was also a central figure in the Nicoletti issue and some of that stemmed from the fact he looked down on Eboli's cowboy crew who were known for having fights at bars around town.

Prior to Nicoletti's death, there is a really scary and quite frankly enraging investigation the FBI did on Ciotti and Eboli who were hiding the hit car used in the Seifert murder in Ciotti's garage where Buddy apparently had his wife murdered for seeing the car in the garage. Tom Eboli the top cop at the time in Melrose was lead investigator in her death.
Thanks for the reminder about Ciotti supposedly having his wife clipped. The Tom Eboli here was Louie’s brother, Tommy Eboli Jr?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

One informant theory put forth for Chuck Nicoletti's murder was that he was the only one of a group of Outfit members (other names not mentioned) to vote "no" on a new business venture. It was suggested that Nicoletti wasn't aggressive enough and was unwilling to move over and give up control of some of his rackets. As a result, younger members like Turk Torello and Tony Spilotro had grown impatient. This may have contributed to his murder. Louis Eboli was named as the shooter via an anonymous tip to the FBI.

Butch Petrocelli was registered in area hotels in the days leading up to Frank Bompensiero's murder in 1977. Thomas Ricciardi (Los Angeles LCN associate) was later charged with the murder but died before trial. Petrocelli's involvement, if any, was not put forth.
I thought Chuckie was clipped for the JFK plot? :lol: Kidding. From what I've been told, Buddy Ciotti was also a central figure in the Nicoletti issue and some of that stemmed from the fact he looked down on Eboli's cowboy crew who were known for having fights at bars around town.

Prior to Nicoletti's death, there is a really scary and quite frankly enraging investigation the FBI did on Ciotti and Eboli who were hiding the hit car used in the Seifert murder in Ciotti's garage where Buddy apparently had his wife murdered for seeing the car in the garage. Tom Eboli the top cop at the time in Melrose was lead investigator in her death.
Thanks for the reminder about Ciotti supposedly having his wife clipped. The Tom Eboli here was Louie’s brother, Tommy Eboli Jr?
Correct - Tom Eboli (son of Tommy Ryan) worked for the police chief at the time, who was also mobbed up - Cimino. The story goes that the Seifert hit car was parked in Buddy's garage and his wife - who was a known drinker around town - was getting sick of being beat up by Buddy. So she got drunk and bragged to Joey DeVita - another Melrose Park guy - that she knew about the 'hot car' in the garage and alluded to giving guys up. DeVita went to Eboli and a day later she was found dead of suicide in the garage, with the hot car missing. I think even the FBI picks up on Tom Eboli being a lead investigator. Kind of nuts.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:29 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

Correct - Tom Eboli (son of Tommy Ryan) worked for the police chief at the time, who was also mobbed up - Cimino. The story goes that the Seifert hit car was parked in Buddy's garage and his wife - who was a known drinker around town - was getting sick of being beat up by Buddy. So she got drunk and bragged to Joey DeVita - another Melrose Park guy - that she knew about the 'hot car' in the garage and alluded to giving guys up. DeVita went to Eboli and a day later she was found dead of suicide in the garage, with the hot car missing. I think even the FBI picks up on Tom Eboli being a lead investigator. Kind of nuts.
A truly classic Melrose Park story, lol.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Cimino? That name rings a bell...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:44 am Cimino? That name rings a bell...
Dominic Cimino's daughter was Diane Calabrese, wife of Frank Calabrese. He was Chief of Police in Melrose.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:44 am
Dominic Cimino's daughter was Diane Calabrese, wife of Frank Calabrese. He was Chief of Police in Melrose.
Diane was Frank’s second wife, correct?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Dom Cimino became chief of MP police in 1967, replacing Anthony Iosco. I would imagine the Outfit backed his appointment in some way or another.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

BTW, here's a December '67 article on Cimino's personal links to Chuckie Nicoletti:

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:46 am
Diane was Frank’s second wife, correct?
Correct - people always said she was daughter of Virgil "the truck driver" Cimino on Real Deal - I am still not sure to this day who Virgil Cimino is or how he's affiliated, but I know for a fact Diane was the daughter of Dominic. If anyone knows who Virgil Cimino is would love to know about him and whether he's related to the Melrose Park Cimino family.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks. Didnt know that.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:01 pm BTW, here's a December '67 article on Cimino's personal links to Chuckie Nicoletti:

Thats the info i was thinking of. Thanks Polack. Back in the days i was wondering if i should place Cimino as Grand av associate and i didnt do it because there were too many more important faces from that time period.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes I see you posted a photo of Virgil "The Truckdriver" Cimino. Do you have any background on him and whether he's a Melrose Park guy?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:29 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:24 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:19 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 am I heard recently from a very good source that Fred “Porky” Pordyla passed away last month. Can anybody else confirm this? It definitely was not in the news. He was in bad shape when I saw him hanging out at Cafe Bionda in the South Loop two years ago so this doesn’t surprise me.
No confirmation that I’ve seen, though he is/was 91 and as you note apparently in poor health for some time. The last update that I had for him was an address on Oak Park Ave in Harwood Heights and that his wife Lorraine nee Burnett died in 2006.

The surname is actually Poradyla, BTW, though the incorrect spelling has been repeated often.
Is he that old? I thought he was in his late 70s or early 80s. He use to go to Cafe Bionda daily so I just figured he lived close to there which is in the South Loop. My friend introduced me to him and he told me he lived not to far from there so I just figured he lived in the Bridgeport/Chinatown area
Born 1928. So far as I know he’s always been a NW side guy (he grew up by Augusta and Noble). Maybe he had some other addresses but the most recent one I saw for him was Harwood Heights.
I doubt he was still living at that address in Harwood Heights. For a guy his age, driving to the south loop everyday would be way to far. And he was there almost everyday. Paulie DiCaro let him eat and drink for free there. They were very close. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved back to the old neighborhood to live out his final years.
Hardwood heights to cafe bionda is only a half hour. Vena lives in Elgin and goes to the west side everyday that’s much farther
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono