Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Not new....at times they will split defense......works better for the defense in my opinion
I been taught to listen to what's not said
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:17 pm Not new....at times they will split defense......works better for the defense in my opinion
Haha re read what I wrote , thats what I meant the judges wont give in to the defense on splits , Its new to me a judge would do it pre-emptive
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Judges are human also ,,I guess ...... sh shit......been fuckin some defendants for 15 years or more ......gotta give a break/pass once in a while
I been taught to listen to what's not said
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Sonny’s charge is only bookmaking he won’t see a single day in prison.

Dom has an uproad battle because they have him on tape talking about drugs and directing drug sales as well as bookmaking but his lawyer is going to say he never touched the drugs and that it was just talk, I bet Dom works out a plea. Nobody cares about bookmaking anymore with it being legal so Dom’s main problem he’s going to have an uphill battle with is the drug talk on tape. I predict Dom as someone without any prior Federal Convictions works out a plea for 3-5 years and does his time.

Stevie they really only have his little pep talk he gave at the straightening out ceremony, I think he beats his charges at trial. He already has one federal conviction so I bet he doesn’t get a good plea deal, takes it to trial and wins like Georgie and Uncle Joe did their last two trials in 2013/14.

There’s zero violence in this indictment again so I say this one ends up as another popcorn fart of an indictment just like the last one.

Those are Dante’s predictions……

-Dante
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Dom might be getting double digits , Steve at least 5, They burned Peter Tuccio for 10 years for charges you can get probation for in NY, Because Tuccio was peripheral to Merlino , The Feds know its there chance to squeeze these guys,

In a second pre-trial detention motion for Capo Domenic Grande. Federal prosecutors again revealed conversations involving Grande captured on tape by an undercover FBI informant.

Here is a segment of that newly released document:

“For instance, Grande was recorded, extensively, directing the activities of others, including LCN members and associates, in an effort to extort local bookmakers and loansharks into paying monies to the LCN. In that portion of the case, Grande instructed another LCN member to “plant the flag” of the LCN in the Atlantic City area and regain control of bookmakers and loansharks. He acknowledged that associates had their “hooks into” the local criminals and that the local criminals had to either pair with the LCN or “get the fuck out.”

During discussions of how to exert full control over the local criminals, Grande warned that because of their activities that they would soon “catch, like, an extortion beef.”

After a series of successful extortion attempts of local bookmakers, Grande was then recorded negotiating the manner in which an extorted bookmaker would split proceeds with the LCN. Grande provided contact information to the local bookmaker for the LCN bookmaking operation, run by codefendant Louis Barretta, and explained the manner in which the operation functioned. From there, Grande was later recorded collecting gambling debts, or making gambling payments,on over 30 times.

Regarding loansharking, Grande said, “see, like, I’m a loanshark. . . . I could put out, like, $42,000 right now and I got to tell people, ‘I’ll see you tomorrow.’” Grande then continued on recordings to arrange several loanshark loans on his own behalf, and on behalf of LCN Underboss Steve Mazzone, with an FBI informant. Both Grande and Mazzone were then recorded several times, accepting “juice”, or interest payments, and principal payments on those loanshark loans.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Cheech wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 am Heres what I see

what makes philly "successful?" boyhood pals - lots of inter family - dont give each other up. look at anthony n. and all the rest. no rats in that crew that grew up together.

what did them in? going outside of the boyhood pals circle once again.

previte, luisi, lou m., rubeo, persiano....
where was lou m from?
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Philly d wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 am
Cheech wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 am Heres what I see

what makes philly "successful?" boyhood pals - lots of inter family - dont give each other up. look at anthony n. and all the rest. no rats in that crew that grew up together.

what did them in? going outside of the boyhood pals circle once again.

previte, luisi, lou m., rubeo, persiano....
where was lou m from?
Borgesi and Rat Finger Lou M were friends/running mates as teenagers in the 80s growing up in South Philly.

Louie is half Irish and his Father was a Philly Cop.

-Dante
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

thanks. so was he close with the merlino crew? Or they grew up in a different area of S Philly?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

joeycigars wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm Dom might be getting double digits , Steve at least 5, They burned Peter Tuccio for 10 years for charges you can get probation for in NY, Because Tuccio was peripheral to Merlino , The Feds know its there chance to squeeze these guys,

In a second pre-trial detention motion for Capo Domenic Grande. Federal prosecutors again revealed conversations involving Grande captured on tape by an undercover FBI informant.

“For instance, Grande was recorded, extensively, directing the activities of others, including LCN members and associates, in an effort to extort local bookmakers and loansharks into paying monies to the LCN. In that portion of the case, Grande instructed another LCN member to “plant the flag” of the LCN in the Atlantic City area and regain control of bookmakers and loansharks. He acknowledged that associates had their “hooks into” the local criminals and that the local criminals had to either pair with the LCN or “get the fuck out.”

During discussions of how to exert full control over the local criminals, Grande warned that because of their activities that they would soon “catch, like, an extortion beef.”

After a series of successful extortion attempts of local bookmakers, Grande was then recorded negotiating the manner in which an extorted bookmaker would split proceeds with the LCN. Grande provided contact information to the local bookmaker for the LCN bookmaking operation, run by codefendant Louis Barretta, and explained the manner in which the operation functioned. From there, Grande was later recorded collecting gambling debts, or making gambling payments,on over 30 times.

Regarding loansharking, Grande said, “see, like, I’m a loanshark. . . . I could put out, like, $42,000 right now and I got to tell people, ‘I’ll see you tomorrow.’” Grande then continued on recordings to arrange several loanshark loans on his own behalf, and on behalf of LCN Underboss Steve Mazzone, with an FBI informant. Both Grande and Mazzone were then recorded several times, accepting “juice”, or interest payments, and principal payments on those loanshark loans.
This is exactly what the feds want….

Someone very close to Joey…. Already convicted federally once… and on tape breaking the C.O.C and methods of crime…

Shocked if they don’t throw the book at him…

And they wanted him in the DiPoetro hit too.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The recordings tell me that he was in a position of power running his mouth on every detail on the illegal operations. They’ll nail him to a cross. His own words. We all heard the Gotti tapes.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

joeycigars wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm Dom might be getting double digits , Steve at least 5, They burned Peter Tuccio for 10 years for charges you can get probation for in NY, Because Tuccio was peripheral to Merlino , The Feds know its there chance to squeeze these guys,

I agree, I think the feds will give Grande a stiff sentence. In the feds eyes, he’s a rising star who’s gotten away with murder( or possibly several). No doubt in my mind the judge gives him 10 years at the very least.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Dom has ZERO previous Federal Convictions, only a NJ State gambling charge is on his record from The Borgata gambling ring.

I think he served a few months in County Jail for it. His lawyer should be in a position to be able to work out a favorable plea deal under 10 years. I still say he works something out for 3-5 years.

However, theres most likely going to be a superseding indictment soon anyways, that I have a hunch will hit Dom with additional charges due to the Feds raid on Nicodemo’s Fathers home.

Think about who’s interests Dom would be looking out for in the streets……then they raid Nicodemo’s Dads house.

-Dante

-Dante
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:17 pm Dom has ZERO previous Federal Convictions, only a NJ State gambling charge is on his record from The Borgata gambling ring.

I think he served a few months in County Jail for it. His lawyer should be in a position to be able to work out a favorable plea deal under 10 years. I still say he works something out for 3-5 years.

However, theres most likely going to be a superseding indictment soon anyways, that I have a hunch will hit Dom with additional charges due to the Feds raid on Nicodemo’s Fathers home.

Think about who’s interests Dom would be looking out for in the streets……then they raid Nicodemo’s Dads house.

-Dante

-Dante
I agree. Probably 5-6 on the current charges. My guess is he will get some more gambling and loan sharing charges coming down from the raid. Maybe a tax evasion charge as well. In total he might get 8 when rolled together. I think the raid was designed to pressure Nicodemo more than anyone. They probably think if they can dry up his resources he will be more likely to flip. I don’t see it, but you have to figure that’s what they are thinking.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Dante, I keep hearing about a superseding indictment but if they had anything on ML or JL wouldn’t they have already pounced on them? I saw Marty A. down in Margate at Memories the other day.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

jmack wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:17 pm Dom has ZERO previous Federal Convictions, only a NJ State gambling charge is on his record from The Borgata gambling ring.

-Dante

-Dante
I agree. Probably 5-6 on the current charges. My guess is he will get some more gambling and loan sharing charges coming down from the raid. Maybe a tax evasion charge as well. In total he might get 8 when rolled together. I think the raid was designed to pressure Nicodemo more than anyone. They probably think if they can dry up his resources he will be more likely to flip. I don’t see it, but you have to figure that’s what they are thinking.
The feds want Dom to flip bad. He’s relatively young, has a few skeletons in his closet, & most importantly he’s close to Joey M. I think the last Philly indictment is just a precursor to a much bigger case. The way i see it is that the feds are quietly, and slowly building a RICO case aimed at Joey and Mikey Lance. I think the feds learned from their past mistakes with the Ligambi trial and the big trial in 01. In both cases the main problem for the prosecutors was that their witnesses/ informants were caught lying and were deemed unreliable.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.